Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Hobbywing XERUN V10 Motors >

New Hobbywing XERUN V10 Motors

New Hobbywing XERUN V10 Motors

Old 05-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The price difference between a G2 and 24k is about $10.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've been running an older V10 (non-g2) 17.5T in our swedish blinky stock class. Has been performing really well there, even though I am not at the highest level (I blame that at my 49 year age ). We might get the 13.5T as a new stock standard next year so it would be interesting to hear your findings.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I run 24k in stock but you cannot even start to compare build quality. Im suremy 24k will last a year at most, less if i takeit apart frequently as the can is so weak and flimsy. Not so with the hobbywing. Its heavier but the statir winding is much higher quality and the occasional oops, that shit is hot isnt going to hurt it at all. The can is sturdy, everything about the v10 was first rate quality.
Ill be running the v2 in mod and might get some of the stock motors to test against the current trinity popular choices.

i think the 24k gave me a tenth in 12th scale but my average laptimes didnt really improve over the v10. Its not really fair to compare motors a year apart in model heh.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The cheapest online price I could find for the 24k delivered to Sydney was at least 160 Aussie Dollars whereas the g2 cost me just over 100, maybe I was looking in the wrong places but If anyone knows of 24k delivered to Sydney, Australia for about 100 or so Aussie dolllars please let me know because I will probably buy one ( the gold can looks so cool ) anyway I am expecting the hobbywing to be competitive , hell if its as good as my v10 4.5t ill be pretty happy
Old 05-03-2016, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldenuff View Post
The cheapest online price I could find for the 24k delivered to Sydney was at least 160 Aussie Dollars whereas the g2 cost me just over 100, maybe I was looking in the wrong places but If anyone knows of 24k delivered to Sydney, Australia for about 100 or so Aussie dolllars please let me know because I will probably buy one ( the gold can looks so cool ) anyway I am expecting the hobbywing to be competitive , hell if its as good as my v10 4.5t ill be pretty happy
Get in contact with Chrs Peet from TOP racing Australia he brings these into Aus.
Top racing.com.au
Old 05-03-2016, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk View Post
I run 24k in stock but you cannot even start to compare build quality. Im suremy 24k will last a year at most, less if i takeit apart frequently as the can is so weak and flimsy. Not so with the hobbywing. Its heavier but the statir winding is much higher quality and the occasional oops, that shit is hot isnt going to hurt it at all. The can is sturdy, everything about the v10 was first rate quality.
Ill be running the v2 in mod and might get some of the stock motors to test against the current trinity popular choices.

i think the 24k gave me a tenth in 12th scale but my average laptimes didnt really improve over the v10. Its not really fair to compare motors a year apart in model heh.

Yep, HW V10 build quality is very high.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks professor for the tip, still a bit more then the g2 but better then any price I got, either way I hope the g2 will be as good or better then the others.