Wiki Posts
Search

T.O.P. Racing Rebel F1 (R-F01)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tdu verney
Mike (TOP) called me abought this car while sitting at USGP - T12. With all that was going on in front of me, I had to have one. The car is beautiful. I run it at Mikes in Dallas and maybe not a front runner but still the car is so smooth and much fun to drive. I run an Exotex front end as well, battery forward cooper side springs and a cooper center. My car seldom if ever lifts the inside wheel. I found Droop at rear and front is critical to my driving. I did have to lengthen the motor slots a bit when I added a CRC spur for a smoother diff. It's a great car!
What are you running for droop settings front and rear? Would like to see the entire setup if if you could.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey Mark, have you been able to figure out the issues you were seeing?
Old 07-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MDawson
What are you running for droop settings front and rear? Would like to see the entire setup if if you could.
My droop front is 2 and rear 2.5, softest side springs and a silver center spring w/30wgt, front springs are AE .18 w/50k on king pins.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

My droop front is 2 and rear 2.5, softest side springs and a silver center spring w/30wgt, front springs are AE .18 w/50k on king pins.
On the carpet at Mike's?
Old 07-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, and a new lay out! So by day end I could end up with something else, lol...
Old 07-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, and a new lay out! So by day end I could end up with something else, lol...
good luck and keep us posted
BTW, that was so cool to return your call about an RC F1 car and hear 1:1 F1 cars in the background. Serendipity!

I've had limited experience with the car on carpet (practice at TQ and watching Jason run my car at the IIC) but it seems on pace with a similar soft set up. It's on asphalt that I'm having issues, just can't get the rear hooked up and have any steering. When the bite is very high it's good but anything less and the rear is too loose. I usually have to run soft rears (Pit 575) to get the car around the track but then it pushes badly. One of the fast F1 guys running the Rebel at NorCal doesn't seem to have these problems and runs hard rears; the car looks stuck and steers. We have discussed comparing our two cars to see where the problem is but haven't been able to test together yet. Once we do that I hope to have some answers
Old 07-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Ok the grip is up and the silver spring comes off!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Hey Mark, have you been able to figure out the issues you were seeing?
Not yet - back out to Camarillo (outdoor asphalt) to try to get this thing dialed in before the next UF1 race at TamiyaUSA.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tyres

Hi

What tyres are you runing ? Rubber or foam?

We so far is running foam om asphalt in denmark , fantastic car.

Cobber front springs , silver center 45wt 75mm long end to end. Gold side spring , dialed 2 rounds down with side bars turned up side down , and 30k in side damper
Old 07-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

What tyres are you runing ? Rubber or foam?

We so far is running foam om asphalt in denmark , fantastic car.

Cobber front springs , silver center 45wt 75mm long end to end. Gold side spring , dialed 2 rounds down with side bars turned up side down , and 30k in side damper
In the USA it's all rubber tire. Sure wish we ran foams!

We also cannot run the excellent kit front end since the rules require attachment points to be inside the body, so most racers bolt on the Tamiya F104 front end. I run mine with the Exotek adjustable upper arms.

From 1/12 to WGT to this car we always turn the links upside down too
Old 07-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by odpurple
good luck and keep us posted
BTW, that was so cool to return your call about an RC F1 car and hear 1:1 F1 cars in the background. Serendipity!

I've had limited experience with the car on carpet (practice at TQ and watching Jason run my car at the IIC) but it seems on pace with a similar soft set up. It's on asphalt that I'm having issues, just can't get the rear hooked up and have any steering. When the bite is very high it's good but anything less and the rear is too loose. I usually have to run soft rears (Pit 575) to get the car around the track but then it pushes badly. One of the fast F1 guys running the Rebel at NorCal doesn't seem to have these problems and runs hard rears; the car looks stuck and steers. We have discussed comparing our two cars to see where the problem is but haven't been able to test together yet. Once we do that I hope to have some answers
It's the driver........ And it doesn't help that you painted the body with dirty pink nail polish...
Old 07-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
It's the driver........ And it doesn't help that you painted the body with dirty pink nail polish...
just don't tell my Mom, she'll be pissed that I got into her polish
Old 07-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

just don't tell my Mom, she'll be pissed that I got into her polish
Mums the word. Can you get me some Redbull blue from her stash?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

In the USA it's all rubber tire. Sure wish we ran foams!

We also cannot run the excellent kit front end since the rules require attachment points to be inside the body, so most racers bolt on the Tamiya F104 front end. I run mine with the Exotek adjustable upper arms.

From 1/12 to WGT to this car we always turn the links upside down too
Hi
This coming Winter season we will be running f1 on carpet. 21,5 blinky and on rubber. Think mostly will choose the ride tyres. Any ideas on that choise??
Can you take a picture of the exotek front on your car,please?

Thanks in advance
Michael
Old 07-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

This care has so much potential. I'm struggling with balancing the weight transfer on carpet. My track allows for some long sweep curves on to a long back straight (100')+/-? It looks like a stiff front spring and soft center. Pit tires off course. As I moved to stiffer front my car got to feel more comfortable. I want to do more with my radio (Helios) to work out more of my set up issues. F1 is a blast...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.