R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Wow. I had no idea the gearing needed to be that high. Thanks for the info.
Hawk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #32
Tech Master

Do you have a Tamiya part number for the 52T spur? It's not listed in the TB-02 instruction manual. Also, what motor mount hole do you use for this combination (or do I just try it and figure that out myself)?

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #33
zax
Tech Regular

i not sure about the part #..i know the 52t spur is from f201.. if u using 52t spur , u use the largest pinion which is 25t..it will give u 5.40.. the motor mount hole is (A)...
zax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #34
Tech Master

OK, It's just a few more days until I take my son to camp out at Trackside for 2 days for our first TCS race.

We practiced last weekend at Trackside, and the cars are driving fine, but I have no idea how we'll stack up against other TCS racers.

I not expecting to beat all the TCS regulars in GT3, but I'm hoping my son does well in the Spec class.

Any last minute tips or tricks to share?

Thanks in advance, and I'll let you know how things turn out.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Be calm.
Stay cool.
Make friends.
Have fun.
I'm flying out there Friday morning- stop by and say Howdy!
Doc

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #36
Tech Master

Thanks.

I won't get up till Friday evening. I'm hoping I can reserve a pit spot upstairs then.

Whaccha look like, what do you drive, so I can stop and say hi?

My son will be driving a blue Nissan 350 in Spec, I have a fluorescent yellow and orange Nissan GTR in GT3 class.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:38 PM   #37
Tech Master

Well, I'm not a TCS rookie anymore.

My son and I had a great time last weekend at Trackside. The environment at the race was awesome - family friendly, fun, and helpful.

The pre-race line-up of all the cars (well over a hundred) was a sight to see. Scotty Ernst calling the races was top notch. And when we weren't racing, we got to watch some of the area's best drivers. The F201 and mini classes were cool to watch just cuz it's not what we see every weekend at the club races. Trackside also had a rally class on their dirt track that was just a hoot to watch. Especially in rally, the focus was on fun.

I think there were 25 heats on Saturday for qualifying. Three rounds of qualifying made for a very long day. Sunday moved much faster.

I raced in GT3 with I think 26 entries and finished 4th in the B main, about where I deserved to finish.

My son raced in Spec class with a total of 16 drivers. He made it into the A Main, and finished 6th.

But our finishing position did not determmine how much we enjoyed the weekend. It was a great time for me to spend hours and hours playing with toy cars with my son. What could be better?

I learned several things about how to break in these Mabuchi motors, so I'm hopeful that we'll finish stronger next year.

When my only complaint is we spent too much time at the track on Saturday, you can probably understand how great of a weekend this was.

I almost felt guilty that this whole thing was free (other than the hundreds of dollars I've spent on the Tamiya cars and hop-ups).

Can't wait till next year.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #38
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi Hawk. I am glad you had such a enjoyable time. All the things you mentioned is why the TCS series is the best thing going. This years race was a first for me also. It was my youngest daughters first race. And she loved it. The series is desgined just right. A perfect format for new drivers, great place for intermediate drivers and a outstanding format for die hard experienced racers. The only sad part is that we have to wait another whole year to do it again. Thanks for joining us and give my congats to your son for making the show.
See ya soon.
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #39
Tech Master

You could always have an un-sanctioned Tamiya race at Trackside. Maybe once every 3 months or so, have a rally, mini, spec, and GT3 day -- the classes that people don't usually get too much practice with. Give enough notice and I'd bet you'd have a good turnout. Derek has his Spec class TL01 that we have to do something with. It would also give us an excuse to buy a rally car or two. I can't convince myself to buy one to race just once a year.

My 7 year old daughter wants to race, so maybe she'll be there next year.

By the way, your daughter Sarah is a class act to race against.

See you for the WTCS in a few weeks.