Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
25 out of 30 A main drivers @REEDY choose PROTOform..... >

25 out of 30 A main drivers @REEDY choose PROTOform.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25 out of 30 A main drivers @REEDY choose PROTOform.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

like me , time to start reading up about "mechanical tuning" i think. Dont worry, i wont punch yah
Old 06-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Soviet
Umm...what about rear springs, oil, roll center, droop setting, toe-in or anything else you would adjust to dial in some more rear traction???

You don't use bodies for tuning, only for a final SMALL change after the car is mechanically dialed in.
here we go again the commies are back, go set up you car and shut up...bla bla bla bla you so dumb.. are you the set up master or what ?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lickrim
here we go again the commies are back, go set up you car and shut up...bla bla bla bla you so dumb.. are you the set up master or what ?

Ok, before this thread keeps going this way lets take a step back and relax.

What the guys above are saying is 110% true. If your car is suffering from ill handling, in most cases- a body swap is NOT going to fix it. If you have a good handeling car and your looking for a couple tenths.. then try a different shell.

Chassis tuning trumps all.

//KBpower
Old 06-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Ok, before this thread keeps going this way lets take a step back and relax.

What the guys above are saying is 110% true. If your car is suffering from ill handling, in most cases- a body swap is NOT going to fix it. If you have a good handeling car and your looking for a couple tenths.. then try a different shell.

Chassis tuning trumps all.

//KBpower
AMEN brother!!!!

Old 06-01-2005, 07:11 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Hi Dale...Gotta thank you once again for providing some of the best sedan bodies on the planet!!!!

Soviet...I can assure you that body tuning is much more important than you make it sound! I start each race with a base setup and try a few bodies first, once I settle on a body I then tune my car Works for me
Old 06-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Dang it Soviet...Every time someone asks about handling traits of a shell you start a dang argument....Please stop dude!

I have my car pretty dialed and I don't want to change anything but the small mid corner push and add a little bit of stability. I'm actually at the point where I'm afraid if I try to tune anything in or out mechanically I'll screw up the way it handles (only a couple tenths of the sponsored guy's times with one pack on the setup) Shells can seem to make little difference but enough to help the driver drive more consistantly or make the car feel a little better.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Dang it Soviet...Every time someone asks about handling traits of a shell you start a dang argument....Please stop dude!

I have my car pretty dialed and I don't want to change anything but the small mid corner push and add a little bit of stability. I'm actually at the point where I'm afraid if I try to tune anything in or out mechanically I'll screw up the way it handles (only a couple tenths of the sponsored guy's times with one pack on the setup) Shells can seem to make little difference but enough to help the driver drive more consistantly or make the car feel a little better.
My only point is that one should not be afraid to tune their car...thats all...

Besides...who's arguing???

BTW...for those who really aren't that adept at tuning, the XXX Main sedan tuning book is killer. Check it out...
Old 06-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Soviet
My only point is that one should not be afraid to tune their car...thats all...

Besides...who's arguing???

BTW...for those who really aren't that adept at tuning, the XXX Main sedan tuning book is killer. Check it out...
cheers, looks like im going to order me one of those