R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2005, 04:35 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

James, I don't think it's possible for the chassis to be tweaked THAT much; you'd be able to actually see that it's bent lol.

Make sure you check the droop and shocks.
I'd say unscrew ALL the droop screws and see if it's still tweaked.
tc3blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:48 PM   #17
Tech Addict

you have any picture of the tweak??

just curious to see, coz a jrxs is the next thing on my shopping list

you didn't mix up the front and rear springs right?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 05:22 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

took everything apart and back together this morning and the best way i can describe it is when i push down on the chassis in the right front the rear left lifts up and i can slip a penny and a dime under the edge, and vise versa.
James605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 05:44 PM   #19
Tech Addict

you notice any tweaks on the chassis when you are building the car?

like check to see if the chassis is still flat after putting each component onto the chassis?
Old 05-30-2005, 05:49 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

James,

Your problem definitely sounds strange. If you had the entire car apart down to the chassis and it still had some tweak in it........ bad chassis! Losi is very easy to deal with. Give them a call and see what is going to be best...

If you want..... I have a used chassis. It is not tweaked and lays flat. You are welcome to give it a tray. Something to get you by until a new one arrives.. Let me know....

I work nights so it is hard to get me during the day.... Drop me a line:

[email protected]
Old 05-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by James605
took everything apart and back together this morning and the best way i can describe it is when i push down on the chassis in the right front the rear left lifts up and i can slip a penny and a dime under the edge, and vise versa.

actually what you've discribed here is normal... when the car is on flat surface, the right front shocks is compressed, the left rear will lift, and if the left front shocks is compressed the right rear will lift, that is not a tweak. you will have huge droops on all 4 conners so that all 4 wheels are on the ground when only one shocks is compressed

a tweak is when you lift one end up in the center of that end and one side lift before the other, you don't check tweak by pressing down the supension
Old 05-30-2005, 06:13 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Smashman ...his tweek was fixed last weekend, I think they took everything apart and reput it together, still not sure what the original issue was.
What are you, my frickin shadow? GOSH!!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:08 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by James605
i took everything off and layed it out and its still tweaked.
is the table flat that ur testing it on? lol
Tony Szep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:48 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
What are you, my frickin shadow? GOSH!!
It was decided that someone's gotta keep you honest ...and I pulled the short straw
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:39 AM   #25
Tech Regular

I am not pressing the sus. i am pushing on the chassis its self. the bottom of the arms arent touching anything.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:58 AM   #26
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

I am sitting here at my desk with my car.

If I push down on the right front corner, pushing on the shock tower just above the right front shock mounting location, the right front goes down, the left front goes down slighly less, and the left rear is unloaded slightly, but surely not coming off of the surface of the desk.

The only way I can envision your senario taking place is if the the left front has no uptravel, and your pushing down on the right front is making the left rear pick up off the ground.

You could also have excessive pre-load on your front springs, with would keep the left front from compressing when you are pushing down on the right front.

If you doing the follow things:

1. Remove all the droop screws.
2. Remove all the up-travel limiters.
3. Adjust the threaded shock collars to the point whrere the chassis is 5mm off the ground. This is the thickness of a spur gear, in case you do not have a ride height guage.
4. Check that each of the shocks will compress individually. Not overfilled with oil, etc.
5. Check that the suspension on each corner of the car operates freely with the shock removed.

If all of the above conditions are in check, then the condition you describe cannot occur.

As I stated before, some pictures would be very helpful.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:43 PM   #27
Tech Addict

actually do you know what's a tweak??
Old 05-31-2005, 12:56 PM   #28
Tech Regular

I understand what you guys are trying to tell me and i have checked all of the above. I will post pics later tonight when i get home of the problem. If i place the chassis(nothing else) flat on the table, and press front right side, the left rear side shouldn't rise right, because its supposed to be flat, well mine rises. thats why i say it is tweaked.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:05 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

I think most people assumed that the car was tweeked not the chassis. Well it seems you are saying the chassis is not flat, right? One thing to check is the bumper is not sitting below the chassis and hitting first. My bumper sits slightly below the chassis so try and take the bumper off and see what happens.

Paul
Old 05-31-2005, 01:08 PM   #30
Tech Addict

if you place the chassis (nothing else) like you said on the table...dont press on it...just look at it..it should lay flat....if you press on any side of it hard enough,the opposite side will lift.....its called leverage. so just lay your chassis on the table...does it sit flat?if it is tweaked you will see a gap with it just sitting there.
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote