R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   info required: CRC: GEN/GEN X/GEN Xle, differances?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/736770-info-required-crc-gen-gen-x-gen-xle-differances.html)

Phoenix82 06-10-2013 10:53 PM

info required: CRC: GEN/GEN X/GEN Xle, differances??

Hey guys. I am looking into a buying one and wanted to know the differences in the models? Any info would be great. I also like to know in what upgrades would be a good choice

Thanks,Nick

Johnny Wishbone 06-11-2013 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Phoenix82 (Post 12244858)
Hey guys. I am looking into a buying one and wanted to know the differences in the models? Any info would be great. I also like to know in what upgrades would be a good choice

Thanks,Nick

I have a slightly used Xti if your interested. LMK

Car Breaker 06-11-2013 03:16 AM

GenX is the oldest of those you mention, XL is Gen X with brushless motor pod and longer side links, Gen XI is design to have longer wheel base and uses of shorty lipo in inline configuration, XTI is the longeest with use of inline standard battery and capable of converting into tran position battery with extra part of short wheel base "Altered EGO"

I also have a ran once XTI for sell too, with additional alter Ego Chassis. PM me if you are interested.

Slapmaster6000 06-12-2013 01:11 PM

The XL is a great spec car! Still likely the benchmark of excellent.

The Xi is a great mod car. Always felt the wheelbase was a tick long for spec.

The Xti is the playdo car, you can mold it into anything (class) you want.

As for "goodies" to add... consider this: the cars are excellent out the wrapper. You only add tuning options, you are not adding a better or upgraded part. I won IIC with a kit car + an upper brace. No kidding, the springs and everything. There are some aluminum caster blocks that I am not fond of, they get twisted on the arm goofing the caster up. I see guys slapping every front end brace CRC makes on their cars when the conditions don't require it. If you were to be a ground floor CRC customer, I would suggest picking up a car kit, .45 & .55 front springs, a set of blue side springs to try, possibly a blue & red center spring, a set of 2.0 & 2.5mm c/f upper arm spacers, the plastic front ride height shims and a upper c/f brace. Actually I think I just rattled off everything you could possibly want. But I can not stress enough that Frank puts everything in the box that is going to cover 95% of the racing applications. :cool:

wingracer 06-12-2013 01:14 PM

Any Gen X variant with a brushless pod is about as good as it gets. The only upgrade I would recommend is the full box top brace (and left side pod plate to match if you have the little plastic one). Even this isn't really necessary, just makes the pod a bit more durable.

CypressMidWest 06-13-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 12249902)
Any Gen X variant with a brushless pod is about as good as it gets. The only upgrade I would recommend is the full box top brace (and left side pod plate to match if you have the little plastic one). Even this isn't really necessary, just makes the pod a bit more durable.

The full box pod also allows the option of using the extended upper pod plates.