Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A. >

2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Your welcome Rob. For those interested Rob ran a Battery Giant 50c 5000 pack.

My FDR was 3.50 n the RGT T2, I didn't seem to really lack down the straight, but lower fdr's, the car struggled in the infield.
hey eric - do you have a link for those batteries?? battery giant's website only lists NIMH for their RC stuff
Old 09-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
hey eric - do you have a link for those batteries?? battery giant's website only lists NIMH for their RC stuff
https://www.batterygiantracing.com/s...p?idCategory=4

The 50C packs finished 1/7 in VTA and the 70C took 2nd in USGT and 9th in Stock

Here is a link to the 40c as well https://www.batterygiantracing.com/s...p?idCategory=5
Old 09-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2013 USVTA Southern Nats

Well before I do anything, I first will thank my wife(Eboney Kinnard) and my wonderful daughters. Im truly a very blessed and fortunate man. If not for them, this event would have never happen. They push and inspire me to do better and try very hard to be the best. And after serving 140+ plates of food, I owe you even more

Love you Ladies, Daddy

Next, I want all of you to believe me when I say I really tried hard to make this event better than the last and to be as fair as possible. I really hope everyone had a great time and will seek out this event next year. You racers local and a far are truly the best. Ive said this before, there is no event/race, without the racers. I don't care how great your event is, the racers made it that way. You 80+ racers are a straight up awesome. You came and laid down your rides and gave it your all. You all have my respect and friendship. I enjoy being able to do this for you and will continue to provide great racing events till its time to turn out the lights, or you stop coming.

Thank you all of you, Battman

I must thank some people, starting with Eric Whiteside....coming to your race year after year is my Super Bowl, and talking to you always give me a better light on this hobby and its future. Im glad to be able to reach out to you and get the truth about anything Im looking for.

Thank you Eric and the whole Whiteside family

Tim Moore, you are always a good friend. Very happy about you getting a chance to play and not deal with so much. I really enjoy your conversation and positive advise and everything, from RC to kids. I really look up to you and without the Music City Championships, this would never come to pass. Your contribution to any and everything is 2nd to none

Thank you always my friend

To Chuck M, Mike Skeen, and Robert Dirla....doesn't matter how anybody looks at it...without all 3 of you, there is no Thunder RC Raceway. You guys laid down a lot of personal love and dedication to make a track here in Nashville that is standing the test of time. Always getting better and building a true legacy that will be talked about from coast to coast. You had an idea and made it happen. Even with the hands of power changing, you all did your part at that time to make it happen.

Thank you, and keep it going(Dirla)

To the Thunder RC Racers and crew. I don't have any handy man skills...ZERO!, but you are a bunch of talented guys with knowledge to constantly find and build new ways to improve our little track. I looked at some old pics and was overwhelmed how far the track has come. I know its because of Chris,Tommy,Danny,Scott,Billy,Chris H,Gavin, and many others who take time and money to make the improvements needed to make our track better.

Thank you Thunder RC crew

Also thank you to all the out of town guys and tracks that came and showed major love and support for the event. You 50+ racers are super cool. Your support will go a long way. Its a nice feel to race away, and Im for one cant wait to visit all of your tracks this year(2014 too). I really hope you enjoyed yourself and it was light on the pocket. Hope everyone is getting together for next year.

Last but not least, Mr Rob King. Up or Down, Thank you for having the strength to keep and deal with the 1000's of USVTA fans and me. You truly deserve more credit than most give. I hope you continue to do a great job and keep our class Fair Fun and Cheap.

Thanks so much Champ

I must thank all our sponsors. Without them Myron uses the credit card to much...lol..thank all of you, and the racers thank all of you.

closing

Ive had a heck of a 4 months working this second job, but I wouldn't change it for all the Team Associated parts in Cali..

Ill have a race report up soon...got to get back up front on my real JOB...
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-1374193_10202209166459115_717028210_n.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-7.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-approve.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-protofrm-vta.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-3.jpg  

Old 09-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

In that video...the Silver/Black car, the Blue/Black car and the all Black car - what were the bodies and were they all running the treads or the slicks for tires? What about particular Novaks(25.5's?)and fdr's?

Looks like you guys had a TON of fun!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
In that video...the Silver/Black car, the Blue/Black car and the all Black car - what were the bodies and were they all running the treads or the slicks for tires? What about particular Novaks(25.5's?)and fdr's?

Looks like you guys had a TON of fun!
Its hard to know which cars you are talking about here is how the top 5 broke down body wise...with posted FDR's after.

Rob K....PF Javelin...3.28
Eric A....PF Firebird
Eric G....HPI Camaro
Me........PF Javelin....3.32
Mike J....PF Javelin...3.36

Tires all cars followed USVTA rules so only the treaded tires were used. As far as which novak motors that were used I dont think anyone in the top 5 used a SS motor....most were ballistic based motors I think.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm at a 3.39 myself with the BOSS motor. Pretty fast with temps of around the 154-164* mark and 40-degrees of endbell timing.

Last edited by JayBee; 09-25-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I think it would be cool to know and also helpful info for some to get this info from top 5 or even the top 10.

Chassis, Body, ESC, Battery, Motor (SS, BOSS, Ballistic)

FDR is track dependent and unless you are running on a big track with a fast layout I wouldn't advise running 3.2's!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
I think it would be cool to know and also helpful info for some to get this info from top 5 or even the top 10.

FDR is track dependent and unless you are running on a big track with a fast layout I wouldn't advise running 3.2's!
Agreed I normally run a 3.57 at my local track these low FDR's were because of the long straight and full sweepers on and off the straight.

Kevin Kane...4th
Chassis....Losi XXXS G+
Body........PF Javelin
ESC.........Speedpassion Cirtix
Battery....EA motorsports 5000 VTA pack
Motor......Ballistic with vented endbell kit installed
Old 09-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

7th Overall
RGT T2
HPI 70' Boss Mustang
Novak Havoc
Battery Giant 5000
Std Non Vented Ballistic w/ 37 ish deg timing
Old 09-25-2013, 12:07 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

10th overall
3.67 FDR
Schumacher Mi5
HPI 1968 Camaro (solid black)
Novak GTB2, X-Drive, low profile
ProMatch 5000mah, 50C
Std Ballistic - 45 deg timing

The car was pretty good on Saturday, was sitting 6th overall which was helped by excellent starting positions in my qualifying heats along with clean runs too. The car was just too tight by Sunday, hence the FDR being where it was. The Mi5 is a great asphalt car and being from Florida - and running "what I brung"....it was challenging.

Only two Mi5's in the A-main - finishing 9th and 10th.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Eric Anderson
2nd overall
Xray T3R box stock (Plus rear gear diff)
Novak Speedo (not sure which model)
Novak Ballistic (no vented pieces)
Team EAM 5000 VTA Pack (Was 1 Year old this race)
Protoform Trans Am body.
40 degrees timing and geared 3.45

EA
Old 09-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Snoopy, are you going to post the 11 car USGT D Main race? Maybe it was 10 cars, not sure, but it was a lot!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Man. I guess I was way under geared on both my cars. I was at a. 3.88 on my GT car and a 3.72 on my TC. I guess I need to play with my gearing a little more next year.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Man. I guess I was way under geared on both my cars. I was at a. 3.88 on my GT car and a 3.72 on my TC. I guess I need to play with my gearing a little more next year.
thats the same thing i said...way under geared
Old 09-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Scott Black
102nd overall (mostly likely, I haven't looked)
Associated TC3 (Ball Diffs)
Novak GTB Speedo
Novak Ballistic (no vented pieces)
Gens ACE 5000 mah 50C almost new
McAllister Trans Am body.
Stock timing and geared at 3.64

But I won a heat race (big for me) had a GOOD TIME!!!!

My favorite driver figure was definitely Mike Wizowski! Although, there was some controversy in the pits because MW has no shoulders or neck.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-scottcar.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-mikewazowski.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.