Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A. >

2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SOLD OUT

thank you and all the sponsors....

WE ARE SOLD OUT.....

Unless you have a trailer or would like to pit outside...or you have a buddy that wouldn't mind squeezing in between you to make 3 to a side...

if so pm me and we will discuss it...

also the A/C room has plenty of bottom storage under the tables

original post updated with all the info....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-city-u-s.html
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-1014443_10151775159114863_372756295_n.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ITS ON !!!!!

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
thank you and all the sponsors....

WE ARE SOLD OUT.....

Unless you have a trailer or would like to pit outside...or you have a buddy that wouldn't mind squeezing in between you to make 3 to a side...

if so pm me and we will discuss it...

also the A/C room has plenty of bottom storage under the tables

original post updated with all the info....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-city-u-s.html
I'm looking forward to this race. If its as good as it has been the last couple of years then its worth the nine hour drive. Someone needs to let FAT MOE know that we are on our way. When its over then I will be ready for THE HOLOWEEN CLASSIC at THE GATE in October.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Default Sponsors

I would like to thank Chris and Hobby Lobby again for the donation of the AE TC6.1, as well as these great prizes I received today.

Also Chris will have some inventory from Hobby Lobby at the track to sell. If you have anything of a special need please contact them at

Phone Sales: (866) 512-1444
Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm CST

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/?c1=googl...0-e42de51c7148

Thanks again very much
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-dc_hb_logo.png   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-hobby-lobby-gift-2.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-hobby-lobby-gift-tc6.1.jpg  
Old 08-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Be on the lookout for the " SNOT ROD" this year in junior vta.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Is there a dominant body in this class or is it a pretty even spread?
Old 08-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sorry about the delayed response, but I (Daniel Cook) will not be able to make it this year.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dan1714
Sorry about the delayed response, but I (Daniel Cook) will not be able to make it this year.
Eric texted me...thank you for the heads up.. I hope to race with you soon at maybe one of the other National Series races

Jaybee...no there isn't...run what you like and what looks good to you

NOTE:

Im asking all the guys running USGT this question...what do you think about this...this is from the Vegas event, and also my GT21.5 class at our home track(as far as body)

Spec GT Bodies.

After the success of last year’s Spec GT class, we want this year’s class to keep with the same scale look that we had and help this class grow to be something different from the normal look of sedans.

All bodies must be painted to show the scale look and design of the car. We want all cars to look like they could be real cars that you would see on the track. We do not want to see cars with flames, drips, dots, etc. We want them to look like cars that a spectator could possibly relate to on T.V. or on the showroom floor. You can have one color paint schemes but you must use the included sticker sheet to give the car the race car feel and look. I ask everyone who joins this class keep in the spirit of what we are trying to do and to take some time to detail their cars.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-gt-spec2.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-gt-spec.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

R u saying onone airbrushes real cars ? Sorry I like custom paint . trust me if I had the money to own a real maclarin F1 it wouldn't look like all the rest .
Old 08-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

NOTE:

Im asking all the guys running USGT this question...what do you think about this...this is from the Vegas event, and also my GT21.5 class at our home track(as far as body)

Spec GT Bodies.

After the success of last year’s Spec GT class, we want this year’s class to keep with the same scale look that we had and help this class grow to be something different from the normal look of sedans.

All bodies must be painted to show the scale look and design of the car. We want all cars to look like they could be real cars that you would see on the track. We do not want to see cars with flames, drips, dots, etc. We want them to look like cars that a spectator could possibly relate to on T.V. or on the showroom floor. You can have one color paint schemes but you must use the included sticker sheet to give the car the race car feel and look. I ask everyone who joins this class keep in the spirit of what we are trying to do and to take some time to detail their cars.
Wait, Spec GT, what? That is a direct copy paste from the IIC tread, #246 by the world famous Kraig. Page one here said we are running full USGT rules. Do you have written permission to use SEP rules/language?

I have a USGT body in signature colors, and it still looks like a race car. Why?

Snowy.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default USGT Paint

I see both sides of the coin with this one............

Personally, I prefer the "realistic paint" and enjoy seeing what folks come up with and the pride they take when putting together a USGT or other GT based car. Look at last year's Southern Nats GT concourse winner, or the Bob Peterson's Cuda from the 2010? Scale Nats or Kelvin Khng's TCS GT1 car

I have seen a few "rip", "dripped" paint schemes that I could also see being in a "full size" race.

That being said, the IIC rules are put together for the IIC, not necessarily for other events, even though some do follow Scotty and his crew's lead.

Run what you have this year and maybe look at a "rule change" for bodies next year in USGT, the majority I think, already paint their bodies in the "spirit" of the GT class already.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

is there an "official" list on who made the show? i don't want to drive 6.5hrs to find out. thanks.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Just wondering what FDR range people are running for USVTA and USGT at this track. Just want to make sure my cars can get into that range or if I will need different spurs.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

3.4+- in vta
3.8+-gt
Old 08-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

NOTE:

Spec GT Bodies.

Why are you looking to make changes to the USGT rule set? If you're calling the class USGT and saying that its following these rules why are you looking to enforce some arbitrary rule from another race into the USGT rule set? When Rob and I worked on the USGT rules this wasnt a concern and I really dont take any issue with someone painting a GT car in their "scheme" if they want. GT cars are not always painted in single colors and sometimes have radical paint schemes as the end user or team likes. The enforcement of a rule like this is going to open more doors than it helps close. IMO its best to keep it closed and let racers paint their cars how they seem fit just based off how actual GT style or race cars are painted for these types of bodies that are used.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Well said . that's actually one of the reasons I quit running vta . I like bright multi color paint schemes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.