Old 09-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #766
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What range FDR's were ran in VTA?
Indyonroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #767
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I went down to 3.28 for the last main since my motor was not coming off very hot. At the same time, the track was open enough to try that. I would be afraid to use that on a tight track.

I did have a 417x, which came from Horse Trader Jimmy Stegen's House of Used Tamiyas, where everything is for $ale. LOL

I have to thank Eric Whiteside again for saving me with a VTA battery pack!

I had a good time racing with everybody -EA, Jonesy, Kevin, even Melvin
It was almost luck of the draw...I know I got lucky quite a few times.

Great job Myron, Dirla and everybody else who helped out.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #768
Tech Champion

Robk it was great to finally meet you in person. Sorry I didn't get a chance to sit down and chat. The Nashville crowd has always been great to me and it seemed like you too felt like you were among friends there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kizt5...ature=youtu.be
A1 straight from the Camera.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #769
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jonesy112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyonroad View Post
What range FDR's were ran in VTA?
I started off the weekend 3.42 and after the second practice on friday, went to a 3.36 and left it there. It was an old borrowed motor that I have no idea how much time was on it, no vented endbell and i couldnt get it above 140 degrees.

I was tempted to be 'that guy" and throw a few pinion teeth on it for the 1 minute qualifier, but decided not to.

The battery was also a not so new EA shorty pack that I had ran all summer in mod 2wd buggy (not 4wd cody lol) but it was only 4600 mah, and was still capable of a sub 12 second run at the end of the 8 minute mains.

I had a great time racing all weekend, even if most of it was spent staring at robk's rear bumper waiting for him to tap (which i dont think he ever did) I hate that there was contact for the lead with EA in the last part of A3, just saw a hole and had to go for it. I may have been a little ambitious in the pass attempt.

Thanks for all of the work Myron, Dirla, and all of the local Thunder RC guys did in putting on this event. I cant wait to come back.

Michael Jones

RC America - X-Ray - Team EA Motorsports - RockStar Paint - Apex RC Proshop - ProOne Tires
Jonesy112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #770
Tech Fanatic

dang! I was way off on the gearing...i was at 3.69...temp around 130*...well its practice time 4 me...next stop halloween classica
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 AM   #771
Tech Champion

A2 VTA from the floor. Rolling start at roughly 3:14 and the camera gets hit at 8:30. You can still hear the blow by blow and I will have the real footage up as soon as I can.

The audio and video tend to get separated as the video rolls on. I dont know if its a problem writing to the card or what.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #772
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I went down to 3.28 for the last main since my motor was not coming off very hot.
Hey Rob, how much timing were you runing ??
Rojna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #773
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojna View Post
Hey Rob, how much timing were you runing ??
45*

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #774
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to willhillis

[QUOTE=snoopyrc;12571761]A2 VTA from the floor. Rolling start at roughly 3:14 and the camera gets hit at 8:30. You can still hear the blow by blow and I will have the real footage up as soon as I can.

In one of the VTA races I was in like race 14, second round (second round after the 1 min qualifying deal) i traction rolled over this camera, maybe it was a gopro, I'd love to see that footage.
willhillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #775
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks to the entire Nashville Crew for a great time and a great race. The facility improvements were certainly appreciated as well! Thank you to those directly responsible for that.

The level of talent was certainly up'd from last year and that's what really made this race stand out as a great event for the VTA class. It was a pleasure to race with and watch those guys perform. The traction was very high and that always creates a bit of a challenge for some of us 99% asphalt racers - but the challenge is what makes it fun.

EA - if those batts ever find their way to you, send me a PM - thx.

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #776
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhillis View Post
In one of the VTA races I was in like race 14, second round (second round after the 1 min qualifying deal) i traction rolled over this camera, maybe it was a gopro, I'd love to see that footage.
If it was me and I find it, I will put it up for you. I did grab a little stray footage in one of the lower heats but I found it to hard to race and take pictures and do Video. Since VTA was the Flagship class I made sure that I got the A123 and B mains in VTA maybe the C as well. Then GT A and maybe B I will have to look.

But if the camera was rolling and I have the shot I will post it. There was a gopro out for a bit that got completely ejected from its mount. It was not my camera.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #777
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to the entire Nashville Crew for a great time and a great race. The facility improvements were certainly appreciated as well! Thank you to those directly responsible for that.

The level of talent was certainly up'd from last year and that's what really made this race stand out as a great event for the VTA class. It was a pleasure to race with and watch those guys perform. The traction was very high and that always creates a bit of a challenge for some of us 99% asphalt racers - but the challenge is what makes it fun.

EA - if those batts ever find their way to you, send me a PM - thx.
Scott thanks for coming up! The batteries showed up today finally. So I have VTA packs in stock if anyone wants to have Southern nats round 2 next week! lol

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #778
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Great Time !!!

Thanks to everyone at Thunder RC. I had a FANTASTIC weekend. I have been to The Southern Nats all three years and will be back again next year. Thanks to Myron and Robert and all the people at Thunder RC. Thanks for a GREAT EVENT>
TWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #779
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Scott thanks for coming up! The batteries showed up today finally. So I have VTA packs in stock if anyone wants to have Southern nats round 2 next week! lol

EA
I'll be there!
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #780
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I went down to 3.28 for the last main since my motor was not coming off very hot. At the same time, the track was open enough to try that. I would be afraid to use that on a tight track.

I did have a 417x, which came from Horse Trader Jimmy Stegen's House of Used Tamiyas, where everything is for $ale. LOL

I have to thank Eric Whiteside again for saving me with a VTA battery pack!

I had a good time racing with everybody -EA, Jonesy, Kevin, even Melvin
It was almost luck of the draw...I know I got lucky quite a few times.

Great job Myron, Dirla and everybody else who helped out.
Your welcome Rob. For those interested Rob ran a Battery Giant 50c 5000 pack.

My FDR was 3.50 n the RGT T2, I didn't seem to really lack down the straight, but lower fdr's, the car struggled in the infield.