R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #751
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
I really enjoyed watching the top 4 drivers/cars in VTA race on Sunday. At times during the triple A-mains, all 4 cars were within a second of each other on the track (it looked closer). Any of those cars were good enough to win. The only real differences were very small driving mistakes on the track.

----------

Something to note is that Kevin Kane was driving a Losi XXX-S. I don't recall what battery/speed control he was using, but he was one of the top 4 in VTA and I believe he was Q2.

Another thing to note is that Michael Jones was using a shorty lipo in VTA. Or to put it another way, it was less than 5000mah. He was Q3

Just using these 2 examples alone show that you don't need the newest chassis or "best" batter to do well in VTA. Of course it doesn't hurt if you are good driver with a well setup chassis.
Kevin Kane's XXXS is the winner of the 2013 USVTA SCALE NATIONAL hosted at THE TRACK....yes, a loaner car with 245,000 miles on it.....worth like $45 USD on used RC car market...Speed Control is SPEED PASSION Cirtix Stock Club Race that I gave him like year 2011?
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #752
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Kevin Kane's XXXS is the winner of the 2013 USVTA SCALE NATIONAL hosted at THE TRACK....yes, a loaner car with 245,000 miles on it.....worth like $45 USD on used RC car market...Speed Control is SPEED PASSION Cirtix Stock Club Race that I gave him like year 2011?

nice to see the 'classics' hold their own with all the newbie chassis
Old 09-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #753
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post

nice to see the 'classics' hold their own with all the newbie chassis
After that win....I was kinda regret that I sold my fully loaded XXXS with tons of parts for like $80 5-6 years ago, even though I believed I bought the car for $50 and made $30 out of it, kinda want it back now....it was a GREAT 19T FOAM car...without a doubt.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #754
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
I really enjoyed watching the top 4 drivers/cars in VTA race on Sunday. At times during the triple A-mains, all 4 cars were within a second of each other on the track (it looked closer). Any of those cars were good enough to win. The only real differences were very small driving mistakes on the track.

----------

Something to note is that Kevin Kane was driving a Losi XXX-S. I don't recall what battery/speed control he was using, but he was one of the top 4 in VTA and I believe he was Q2.

Another thing to note is that Michael Jones was using a shorty lipo in VTA. Or to put it another way, it was less than 5000mah. He was Q3

Just using these 2 examples alone show that you don't need the newest chassis or "best" batter to do well in VTA. Of course it doesn't hurt if you are good driver with a well setup chassis.
I had a great time on the racetrack and with everyone in the pits. The racing and qualifying action in VTA was crazy close and was alot of fun..I didnt even know how close the USGT main was until I looked at the results...WOW.

Yep I used the loaner XXXS once again its a very fast little car for being over 13 or so years old. If anything it goes to show that you dont need to have the newest of the new to race in this class or compete at a high level. I used an EA VTA pack that I purchased back in Feb or Jan to race the USVTA Scale nats last April. I used a citrix ESC with a motor that I pieced together from old parts from a few racers after I purchased a stator. Dirla has all the info on all the motors that were used at the event if he makes it public I would like to see how they all looked number wise.

Hats off to Myron you did a great job with everything keep it up!!!

For one final jab as I walk out the door.....after all was said and done the Trans AM and USGT Southern Nats Titles still reside with the crew from The Track @ Harbor Hobbies!!!! Better get ready for the USVTA Scale Nats in April up in Winthrop Harbor if you want another shot at Rob "VTA" King and Rich "outa control" Murphy.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #755
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Did I miss something. I thought Rob king won VTA. Or was Rob borrowing that car?

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #756
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz616 View Post
Did I miss something. I thought Rob king won VTA. Or was Rob borrowing that car?
Kevin won in the prior nationals race @ Harbor Hobbies in IL. Rob VTA king won this race.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #757
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Also the car I was running was a 4 year old Xray T3R....full fiberglass kit! It didnt even have adjustable turnbuckles on it! There were several TC3 racer kits being raced in VTA and USGT that were fast! It all comes down to setup and driving!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #758
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz616 View Post
Rob used his 417x to win the Southern Nationals.

The word nationals gets tossed around without some context it could be confusing as to which race is being talked about.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #759
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
when is the video going to be posted??
The computer that I edit with is down for reapairs right now. If you guys don't want to wait, I guess I could upload whole chunks of raw footage.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #760
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Rob used his 417x to win the Southern Nationals.

The word nationals gets tossed around without some context it could be confusing as to which race is being talked about.
I see it now that I re-read it. I looked over the "scale nationals" part.

XRAY XB8'14
Old 09-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #761
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JustWill75

Nobody and I mean nobody had more fun than I did............... I want to say thank you to Myron, Dirla and all of the Thunder RC crew for putting on a top notch event. Thank you to Mrs. Kinnard for the great food. Thank you to all who showed up with great sportsmanship and phenomenal skills. I look forward to racing with all of you again soon.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #762
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Also the car I was running was a 4 year old Xray T3R....full fiberglass kit! It didnt even have adjustable turnbuckles on it! There were several TC3 racer kits being raced in VTA and USGT that were fast! It all comes down to setup and driving!

EA
I won a TC4 in the door prize drawing. I am turning the T4 I ran this weekend in GT I to a mod sedan and will use the TC4 into my GT car. I saw several guys that were faster then me running older kits.

XRAY XB8'14
Old 09-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #763
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post

EA
That t3r has about 3 1000 lap enduros on it
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #764
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to wizzles29

Huge thanks to Myron and the thunder RC crew for putting on another phenomenal event! For the 3rd year in a row, it was well worth the long drive, lack of sleep, and all else that comes with a big race like this. Can't wait to come back next year.

To soon to pre-register to make sure I get a pit-spot?

King Hobbies/Raceway
The Track @ Harbor Hobbies
wizzles29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #765
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ill make this simple and sweet....

Thank you all so very much and see ya at the tracks

Myron "Battman" Kinnard aka Darkside

I will have a full report up this week...had to go race today...lol..didn't you get the memo?
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote