R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-27-2005, 10:14 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Default Motor Tips

Hi Guo,

This is IFMAR website: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ifmar/. About the motor, you just have to follow the Motor List provided and you won't be wrong, there are no restriction on the types of motor turns/winds. Normally, here's another tip from Kuala Lumpur - the local guys are running 7~8~9~10 Turn. Well back to the basic of gear ratios where you need torque or speed.

Many local ISTC & GP races was held at this track since mid of 2004 when it was newly build. Compared to many other Malaysian tracks out there, Kota Raja Speedway can be considered very smooth asphalt, not rough asphalt surface.

"This is one of the most challenging Electric Touring Car Race Track" - Commented by our Top Malaysian Drivers who has been to 2004 IFMAR W.C. in Florida, USA and to many other parts of the world like Yatabe Arena, Japan, Thailand and Singapore. Track is a high speed track, very smooth and a lot of passing posibilities.

aaronkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:09 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Thanks Aaron, now i know how to do already. ya i heard chee yong say that kota raja track is a good track before. but i had not been there since it was built up because i was in U.S.A study that why i cant have a try over kota raja track. i feel very excited now cant wait to go to the track hehehe. thank you so much i really appreacitae that you help me so much. see u soon in track. hehehe
Old 06-28-2005, 07:13 AM   #33
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guo, sure no prob, hopefully we can catch the guys at practise this weekend and post some snap shot at the pits and some movies of their moves. When you are back, i m sure you'll have a blast! Chee Yong and the boys are hard at working round all those corners.

Even at nite, Kota Raja Speedway is fully lighthen up! Testing cars.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:00 AM   #34
Tech Apprentice

Default LANGKAWI, the LEGEND of an Island

Langkawi is a cluster of 99 islands separated from mainland Malaysia by the Straits of Malacca, it is a district of the state of Kedah in Northern Malaysia and lies approximately 51km west of Kedah. The location of these tropical islands is where the Straits of Malacca meet the waters of the Andaman Seas.

The main tourist attractions of Langkawi Island are its virgin white sandy beaches. The beaches have a very gentle continental slope and the water is crystal clear. Langkawi Island has many legends and myths associated with it and is therefore also called Pulau Lagenda ( Legendary Island ).

This island was used to be the home of eagles and it also rich with marbles. Since that eagle in the Malay word is "Helang" while marble in Sanskrit is "Kawi", so by putting these words together it reads "HelangKawi". Hence it became Langkawi.

Legend of Mahsuri - Among various fascinating legends connected with the Langkawi, the legend of Mahsuri is a unique one. Mashuri was a local and pretty maiden who lived some 200 years ago, was falsely accused of adultery and was sentenced to death. During her execution, her blood which flowed from her was white, thus depicting her innocence. As she was dying, she cursed the island with her dying breath "…Langkawi shall not prosper for seven generations to come...!" And today, 12 km from Kuah, Kampung Mawat is the final abode and resting place of Mahsuri where you will find her tomb that known as “Makam Mahsuri” Here lay the body of the legend, it is surrounded by white walls - a clear reminder of her innocence.

Untouched natural and accentuated by a multitude of intriguing folklore and legends, Langkawi is the place that you will clean your soul and find yourself so closed to the mother nature, and a good place to discover the mystery of its own.
Attached Thumbnails
2005 FEMCA 1/10TH ISTC ELECTRIC TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP-langkawi.jpg   2005 FEMCA 1/10TH ISTC ELECTRIC TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP-langkawi2.jpg   2005 FEMCA 1/10TH ISTC ELECTRIC TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP-langkawi_cave.jpg   2005 FEMCA 1/10TH ISTC ELECTRIC TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP-langkawi_island_2.jpg  

Last edited by aaronkhoo; 07-06-2005 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:45 AM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Default Event Poster for download

Wow Aaron, nice place u got there, makes me wanna take a holiday.

Event Poster for download

click me to download
JeremyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:18 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Default Cool Day at the track

Last Sunday was a cool day, supposed to rain but stay that way without much sun. Manage to run till late nite 12:00 pm.
Time was 3:33 pm, Temp was 33.3 C and 50% humidity.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:29 AM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Default FEMCA Control Tires Voting Decisions

2005 FEMCA ISTC CHAMPIONSHIP: It is advised that FEMCA countries have voted to use the No. 2 Tyre and Insert on the voting list which is as follows:

Brand: Team Sorex
Model Name: 40R Competition Racing Tyres
Model Code: TSC040R
Degrees: 48 ~ 76 deg.
Inserts Model Name: Team Sorex Medium Compound TYPE "C" Insert
Model Code: TSMC24M

All FEMCA countries will be notified of the result of this voting decision.

Last edited by aaronkhoo; 07-06-2005 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:21 AM   #38
Tech Apprentice

Default 2005 PRE-FEMCA ISTC CHAMPIONSHIP

2005 PRE-FEMCA ISTC CHAMPIONSHIP
Dates: 6 - 7th August 2005
Race Format: IFMAR Technical Rules Applied
Tires & Inserts: Controlled Tires & Inserts
Racing Fees: RM 50.00 for 2 days. (Limited Seats Only)

Latest News, We would like to thank our Malaysian Authorities in helping out promoting this Asian Biggest Event ever. Please take note that our Malaysian Goverment has decided to do a major resurface to the track in Early October 2005. The track will be closed till the opening of 2005 FEMCA ISTC CHAMPIONSHIP in December. If you can for all local Malaysians and nearby FEMCA countries please take this opportunity to try out the Kota Raja Speedway at the 2005 Pre-FEMCA ISTC Championship Race, before it's closed for renovations. Included in the Renovations list will be Resuface with fine asphalt, New Pit Area for Drivers, Air Conditioned Room for Race Directors and Transponder Systems, Transmitter Compound Area, Notice Board Area, relocation of Pit-Shop, Refencing and repainting for all areas.

cheers
Old 07-06-2005, 06:33 AM   #39
Tech Apprentice

Default TEAM HOTBODIES

We're just being informed that Team Hotbodies/HPI Racing will be joinning us for 2005 FEMCA ISTC CHAMPIONSHIP.

Welcome on board Hotbodies!

Still waiting for Team Yokomo & Masami
Old 07-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

that great rc superstar also can to join the race. it should be very fantastic race.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkhoo

Latest News, We would like to thank our Malaysian Authorities in helping out promoting this Asian Biggest Event ever. Please take note that our Malaysian Goverment has decided to do a major resurface to the track in Early October 2005. The track will be closed till the opening of 2005 FEMCA ISTC CHAMPIONSHIP in December. If you can for all local Malaysians and nearby FEMCA countries please take this opportunity to try out the Kota Raja Speedway at the 2005 Pre-FEMCA ISTC Championship Race, before it's closed for renovations. Included in the Renovations list will be Resuface with fine asphalt, New Pit Area for Drivers, Air Conditioned Room for Race Directors and Transponder Systems, Transmitter Compound Area, Notice Board Area, relocation of Pit-Shop, Refencing and repainting for all areas.

cheers
Your Malaysian Authorities are really good to promote this Event !!
Wish you all success for this Asian Biggest Event !!
LazyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkhoo
Welcome on board Hotbodies!

Still waiting for Team Yokomo & Masami
How about Tamiya Team and Alex Racing Team ?
LazyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:41 PM   #43
Tech Apprentice

Default Invitation are being sent out

Hi lazybug, yes we have send out invitation to Team Tamiya, Alex Racing and many more. Just waiting for their reply. As the race is about 6 months away, they are scheduling their races, i think. Also we have more enquiries from sponsors locally and from abroad. We encourage more sponsors as we can asure them that this project will be very low cost outing. We want more participants to enjoy our very first ever FEMCA ISTC CHAMPIONSHIP - R/C festival in Malaysia.
JeremyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:51 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Let me be the first to welcome everyone to my country. Malaysia.
You will have loads of fun while ur here.
Remember to bring a little more sun tan lotion though.
CHeers and have fun.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:34 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdR|aN
Let me be the first to welcome everyone to my country. Malaysia.
You will have loads of fun while ur here.
Remember to bring a little more sun tan lotion though.
CHeers and have fun.
Hey bro. So you're back to the RC scene eh?
GT Racer is offline   Reply With Quote