Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Vintage Kyosho 1/8 F1...need some tire help! >

Vintage Kyosho 1/8 F1...need some tire help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vintage Kyosho 1/8 F1...need some tire help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Vintage Kyosho 1/8 F1...need some tire help!

Hey fellas! Ok, so just to start...I have no idea about onroad RCs. I've always been an offroad guy.

I'm working on a vintage Kyosho F1 8th scale that came out around 1992. My car is fairly complete with one exception...tires. I have absolutely no idea if current 8th foams will fit these wheels or if 10th scale foams will stretch to fit. I honestly don't even know how to properly measure the wheels but I did my best. I've taken it to several hobby stores, but since onroad isn't popular here, they dont know wither. Here are some pics. If you have any ideas, please let me know. I'd really love to get this thing running again!

Old 06-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Greetings Momo5. That Kyosho looks increadible. In regards to [foam] tires ( according to the Pics, these wheels are for foams dough nuts because they're generally flat across the width of the wheels)-Calandra 1/8th foams dough nuts (from Team CRC) look as though they will fit , glued down with CA.
If you look inside of the wheel, is there a four(4) pin cross , versus a three(3) pin cross to drive the wheels? There may be a direct fit wheels off of current 1/8th on road cars.
Any ways , goodluck with this Kyosho.

Last edited by oreo; 06-06-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: For clarification purposes.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You could look @ some of the Japanese hobby stores as they stock parts for that car including wheels.

I saw parts and wheels while in Akihabara a few months ago.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys. It has 12mm hexs for the rear. I guess I'll have to order some of those CRC foams and hope they work.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default ....you have a few choices.....

....Greetings again.You are on the right track by posting on the on-road nitro forums.Other members may better direct you to better wheel and tire combos especially with 12 mm hexes;there are plenty of wide rear wheels(pre glued)-you're not just left soley with CRC's. Jus' my two cents, you may want to preserve the original wheels [because they are so rare].Good luck
Old 01-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did you ever find wheels tires for this car? I'm currently in the same spot of looking also...