R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #61
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Yup...that was Bill...

Good thing about him was you knew where he stood and he was always truthful.

That still is Bill. He hasn't changed, he just doesn't have to suffer the stress of running a racing program anymore.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline  
Old 06-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #62
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I sure hope Platinum stays open.... I for one NEED a Carpet track. To HELL with anyone who bashes Phou... He atleast had the BALLS to open a track..... Any one else???? I don't think so!!!!
bshack is offline  
Old 06-08-2005, 07:20 PM   #63
Tech Addict
 
Formula1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Buckeye City!
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshack
I sure hope Platinum stays open.... I for one NEED a Carpet track. To HELL with anyone who bashes Phou... He atleast had the BALLS to open a track..... Any one else???? I don't think so!!!!
You go girl! tell'em
Formula1fan is offline  
Old 06-12-2005, 10:15 AM   #64
Tech Adept
 
RJonesJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grove City, Ohio
Posts: 156
Send a message via AIM to RJonesJr
Default

Yeah I find it funny that people seemed to have a good time out at Platinum this fall and then when something happens everyone starts bashing them . This isn't high school guys. How Ironic
RJonesJr is offline  
Old 06-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic
 
dmatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Galloway, Ohio
Posts: 861
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

FairWeather Friends
dmatter is offline  
Old 06-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #66
Tech Elite
 
wannabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: RUBBERNECK RACING Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Dax you are G A Y!!

Give me a call on my cellie!!
wannabee is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #67
Tech Elite
 
speedybill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belpre, Ohio
Posts: 2,346
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

A little late as usual but I stopped by a couple of sundays a go and talked to Bio for the 1st time, I had stopped by several times during the races this fall/winter and the place was full, seemed like a well run show and knowledgeable staff.

Anyway, I own a small hobby shop in southeastern Ohio and I know what Platnium is going thru, its VERY hard to keep inventory in stock when everybody wants something different, and the hassle of keeping orders straight, sometimes 'stuff' happens, how many orders did they get right before 1 went wrong?? nobody asks that question do they?

Of course whatever I do is wrong also, Hang in there Platnium, hope ya make it , I want to race there this winter.

Thankx Speedy Bill

"www.speedybillsrc.com"
__________________
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
speedybill is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 05:48 PM   #68
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedybill
A little late as usual but I stopped by a couple of sundays a go and talked to Bio for the 1st time, I had stopped by several times during the races this fall/winter and the place was full, seemed like a well run show and knowledgeable staff.

Anyway, I own a small hobby shop in southeastern Ohio and I know what Platnium is going thru, its VERY hard to keep inventory in stock when everybody wants something different, and the hassle of keeping orders straight, sometimes 'stuff' happens, how many orders did they get right before 1 went wrong?? nobody asks that question do they?

Of course whatever I do is wrong also, Hang in there Platnium, hope ya make it , I want to race there this winter.

Thankx Speedy Bill

"www.speedybillsrc.com"

I think its safe to judge someone not based on their successful dealings (which should be the norm) but on how they handle things when things dont go as planned. Phou has YET to make good on this. He lied, and then ignored. Bad Business.
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #69
Tech Elite
 
speedybill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belpre, Ohio
Posts: 2,346
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

not knowing you, I can still bet your not perfect, the car was delivered, maybe late, maybe beyond his control, maybe not, but its safe to assume, (yeah I know) that you are judging him on this one deal, not the thousand before you, that were probably good. yeah you can blast him, he can't blast back because hes a "Business" man and that would look BAD!!

Looks like a 'vendetta' now, get over it, have some fun with your new car,

Speedy
__________________
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
speedybill is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #70
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedybill
not knowing you, I can still bet your not perfect, the car was delivered, maybe late, maybe beyond his control, maybe not, but its safe to assume, (yeah I know) that you are judging him on this one deal, not the thousand before you, that were probably good. yeah you can blast him, he can't blast back because hes a "Business" man and that would look BAD!!

Looks like a 'vendetta' now, get over it, have some fun with your new car,

Speedy

Na, im not perfect. But, I dont lie to people when I sell them stuff. I ship when I say i will, and i ship exactly as asked/paid for.

as far as getting over it? Dude, this thread has been dead for weeks.
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 08:06 AM   #71
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 10
Default

Simply Amazing!!! Same people flaming over and over no matter where they race...Wont be happy till there is no place at all to race....
Dan Mascret is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #72
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Keith is right, this thread has been dead for weeks!! BUT, Now it is a good source for advertising Platinum Hobbies. Everyone in the country knows about Platinum now. One moron bashed Phou, NOW I welcome everyboby to come to a great track and keep carpet racing ALIVE!!! Phou is the man!!!!!
bshack is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 03:05 PM   #73
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshack
Keith is right, this thread has been dead for weeks!! BUT, Now it is a good source for advertising Platinum Hobbies. Everyone in the country knows about Platinum now. One moron bashed Phou, NOW I welcome everyboby to come to a great track and keep carpet racing ALIVE!!! Phou is the man!!!!!

one moron bashed phou.... you are ignorant. When a BUISNESS pulls shit like this, it is the consumers RESPONSIBILITY to inform others. This is why we have organizations such as the Better Buisess Buerau- and ultimately why you dont see too many threads like this. If Phou was a man of integrity, he would have FIRST and foremost- shipped the pkg when he said he would have, and at the speed that was paid for. Since that was not the case and people do make mistakes, he should have made good on the situation as he SAID HE WOULD. He is a liar and quite frankly a POS. I am glad to hear he is going under. I feel bad for the Columbus racers, but at the same time I cant help but think POOR managment and LACK of buisness knowledge are the cause.

Ya, this is great advertisment for Platinum..... "We at Platinum Hobbies take advantage of our customers".... great advertisment.

Your ignorant and I pitty you for your way of thinking.
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #74
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Del Mar, CA, USA
Posts: 7,063
Default

Regardless of the reason, profanity is never welcome here.

This thread doesn't look to be very productive, so I'm closing it.
__________________
Visit my store: www.ampdraw.com
futureal is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Columbus, Ohio racers. shawn17 Racing Forum 3 07-19-2007 04:18 PM
Touring Trophy Race at Platinum Hobbies (Columbus, OH) dr_hfuhuhurr Racing Forum 11 09-07-2006 11:35 PM
Platinum Hobbies & Raceway in Columbus, OH Platinum Hobby Oval, Larger Scales and More 0 11-16-2005 02:36 PM
Platinum Hobbies Columbus Ohio PlatinumPhou Track Locator Forum 1 10-27-2005 07:59 AM
Platinum Hobbies & Speedway to open in Columbus Ohio Hondaguy Racing Forum 85 01-30-2005 06:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:21 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net