R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #121
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Are there any specific rules for any of the classes posted anywhere? Trying to decide which classes to run if I can make it. I'm mostly interested in knowing about amateur tc, spec gt, and stock tc. I know what I need to know about stock tc unless there is some weird rule in there for this race.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #122
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 103
Default im on my way

flights booked and hotel booked, Arriving the 3rd in time for the poker. Just need to sort out my classes now.
RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #123
Tech Adept
 
Wyvern95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever my job takes me
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Are there any specific rules for any of the classes posted anywhere? Trying to decide which classes to run if I can make it. I'm mostly interested in knowing about amateur tc, spec gt, and stock tc. I know what I need to know about stock tc unless there is some weird rule in there for this race.
Right now, the only thing listed at www.intchamps.com are weights for each class and a list of approved bodies for Spec GT. Touring car classes have run handout tires in the past. Amateur has had a handout motor. Last year, Spec GT had a handout motor and ESC, and a limit was set for FDR. Finals rules for this year have not been posted yet. Don't believe I've seen a list of approved motors and esc's yet for this year. Would expect that to come out closer to the race date due to new products being constantly introduced.

One additional note: If you plan on running Amateur, keep your body fairly plain. That is to say, any stickers that may come with your motor, ESC, body or whatever that has the name of the manufacturer, don't use them. RC branding is not allowed. That goes for your clothes too. For Amateur, the event t-shirt is ok, but anything else rc related is not.

Last edited by Wyvern95; 06-20-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Wyvern95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #124
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,496
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Are there any specific rules for any of the classes posted anywhere? Trying to decide which classes to run if I can make it. I'm mostly interested in knowing about amateur tc, spec gt, and stock tc. I know what I need to know about stock tc unless there is some weird rule in there for this race.
So for amateur class the rule is there can be no stickers on your body and you should not be sponsored by anyone except yourself. This includes sponsorship outside of the R/C industry. It is a handout motor class and handout tires and a no boost class in the speed control.

Spec Grand Touring, the rules are still be finalized for motor but you must run a body listed on this page, click here. It is a handout tire class and no boost allowed in the speed control.

For Stock Touring, it is a 17.5 motor class just like amateur and no boost and handout tires.

For the handout tires, you get one set with your entry. If you sign up for Stock Touring and the Amateur class you cannot run your Stock Touring tires in the Amateur class. The tires are class specific. I hope that makes sense but probably will cause more confusion.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #125
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,496
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
Finals rules for this year have not been posted yet. Don't believe I've seen a list of approved motors and esc's yet for this year. Would expect that to come out closer to the race date due to new products being constantly introduced.
As we get closer we will post these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
One additional note: If you plan on running Amateur, keep your body fairly plain. That is to say, any stickers that may come with your motor, ESC, body or whatever that has the name of the manufacturer, don't use them. RC branding is not allowed. That goes for your clothes too. For Amateur, the event t-shirt is ok, but anything else rc related is not.
This is true as well.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #126
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hey Kraig, do you receive a set of tires with your entry with WGT or F1?
__________________
Chris Hillier | 5280 Raceway | www.5280raceway.com | Racing. Elevated.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #127
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
So for amateur class the rule is there can be no stickers on your body and you should not be sponsored by anyone except yourself. This includes sponsorship outside of the R/C industry. It is a handout motor class and handout tires and a no boost class in the speed control.

Spec Grand Touring, the rules are still be finalized for motor but you must run a body listed on this page, click here. It is a handout tire class and no boost allowed in the speed control.

For Stock Touring, it is a 17.5 motor class just like amateur and no boost and handout tires.

For the handout tires, you get one set with your entry. If you sign up for Stock Touring and the Amateur class you cannot run your Stock Touring tires in the Amateur class. The tires are class specific. I hope that makes sense but probably will cause more confusion.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.
Thats exactly the info I was looking for. And it makes perfect sense. Thank you. I would assume you can purchase more tires for each class to practice on?
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #128
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
For Amateur, the event t-shirt is ok, but anything else rc related is not.
I've never been sponsored but I don't think I even own any non-rc t-shirts. guess I better go shopping before Oct. Having some non-rc shirts will probably make the wife happier anyways.
__________________
On Road: VBC WF D06, A700 Evo, Mi5
Off Road: K1, DEX408
cgroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #129
Tech Champion
 
F. Mendoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,233
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroves View Post
I've never been sponsored but I don't think I even own any non-rc t-shirts. guess I better go shopping before Oct. Having some non-rc shirts will probably make the wife happier anyways.
Last year Scotty's family was selling the previous year's IIC T-shirts for $5 each. Hoping to get more this year. Those were allowed in Amateur Class. Also the local swap meet sells T-shirts, 4 for $10 with no picture/design. I buy and use those for work. They serve the purpose. I try to get dark colors like blue, black, and grey.
__________________
RC America - Xray - Hudy - Gravity RC - KO Propo - Super Rad Graphics

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #130
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: awahtukee, AZ
Posts: 1,433
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Are those bodies 190 or 200mm wide?
190 mike
__________________
.....rayzerdesigns.....www.jconcepts.net...
i am cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #131
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: awahtukee, AZ
Posts: 1,433
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Why bother adding a body that nobody/very few people would run, given the other options?
u obviously haven't run it..but to each their own
__________________
.....rayzerdesigns.....www.jconcepts.net...
i am cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #132
Tech Adept
 
Wyvern95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever my job takes me
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Hey Kraig, do you receive a set of tires with your entry with WGT or F1?
Not sure why Kraig hasn't responded to this. Tire details may not be finalized yet for this year. In previous years, both of these classes have been spec tire classes. Foam for WGT. Rubber for F1. All spec tire classes have one set of tires included in the entry fee. Extra tires have been available for an additional fee.
Wyvern95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #133
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,496
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Hey Kraig, do you receive a set of tires with your entry with WGT or F1?
I think I know the answer on this but I need to verify it first. I will find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Thats exactly the info I was looking for. And it makes perfect sense. Thank you. I would assume you can purchase more tires for each class to practice on?
Yes you can purchase tires at the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
Not sure why Kraig hasn't responded to this. Tire details may not be finalized yet for this year. In previous years, both of these classes have been spec tire classes. Foam for WGT. Rubber for F1. All spec tire classes have one set of tires included in the entry fee. Extra tires have been available for an additional fee.
Sorry I went on a mini-vacation with the family. Yes you are correct, WGT and Sedan classes have included one set of tires in previous years and yes you can purchase more. The thing that is fuzzy at the moment for me is the F1 class. I just need to get confirmation from Scotty.

As for payment questions, I am still working on that, sorry.

One last thing before I forget. You have plenty of time to practice your poker playing skills. You don't want Scotty to win it two years in a row do you?
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:55 AM   #134
Tech Adept
 
Wyvern95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever my job takes me
Posts: 127
Default

No need to apologize Kraig. Thanks for the update.
Wyvern95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #135
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,260
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HenBeav
Default

I guess I will ask is D3.5 17.5 legal for IIC?
__________________
[URL]http://www.fastlanehobby.com[/URL]

Support your local Lowe's, Walmart and Layne Machine Works INC.
HenBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:39 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net