R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
If the new MRT's work we won't stop you from using them.
Is there a trend for banning the MRT? Anywhere?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
I was wondering about this as well. Was thinking about using CRC pro cut tires because I'd rather not have to mess with a tire truer, but I have no experience with them. Also, if anyone had any suggestions for a good starting point for gearing/roll out for 12th 17.5, that would be appreciated.
I used Parma Black/Orange last year and they worked well for 17.5. I trued mine to 1.65/1.68 (42/42.5). You will want to true tires no matter what, but especially once traction comes up.

Rollout will be specific to the motor you use. My rollout with a D3.5 was 99mm last year, but if I had been using a Reedy it likely would have been ~104mm.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
I used Parma Black/Orange last year and they worked well for 17.5. I trued mine to 1.65/1.68 (42/42.5). You will want to true tires no matter what, but especially once traction comes up.

Rollout will be specific to the motor you use. My rollout with a D3.5 was 99mm last year, but if I had been using a Reedy it likely would have been ~104mm.
Seems like black fronts/orange or yellow rears are the compounds to run. What about dbl pink or magneta fronts/pink rears, will they work also?
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #109
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I don't think anyone is banning MRT transponders. It is more of AMB/My-Laps designing a new lap counting system that will enable the racer to track his races over the life of his/her racing career basically I've been told. True or not, I don't know. The manufacturer (AMB) is offering these systems for a fraction of the price where tracks feel it is too good to pass on such a deal. These systems have a RC-4 decoder box that is not picking up the MRT transponders. I think Kraig is saying that if a MRT is detected by their decoder box then you are good to race. If a MRT isn't detected by the loop, then your transponder won't work. If a car is detected by the loop then you are good to race regardless the transponder. Hope this helps.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #110
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Black and yellow ran well last year in stock, I think that magenta/pink would be too tacky without the speed of a modified to scrub off the sticky layer it will pick up from the track.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #111
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_speed View Post
Is there a list posted somewhere of who is entered in each class and how big the class is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus Racer View Post
It might be too early to ask but I'd like to know as well.
To early for me to say but I can say that it isn't my department. I am pretty sure as we get closer it will be posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
We won't ban someone from using MRT. Just make sure it works with the new software in the decoder box. If you have a MRT reach out to Terry.Sc, previous posting. They will let you know what your options are.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #112
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
Seems like black fronts/orange or yellow rears are the compounds to run. What about dbl pink or magneta fronts/pink rears, will they work also?
Mag/Pink will probably work ok for 13.5, but not for 17.5. I know some people run magenta fronts with orange/yellow rears with good success, and maybe there are a couple people who can get away with running mag/pink in stock, but there aren't many of them. I would highly recommend just sticking to black and yellow/orange, with maybe a couple sets of other random tires "just in case."

If you run 13.5 I would highly recommend trying the Ulti XM rears with XH fronts. Some people have been using them to great success in 17.5, but I think they make my car feel very unbalanced.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #113
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus Racer View Post
I don't think anyone is banning MRT transponders. It is more of AMB/My-Laps designing a new lap counting system that will enable the racer to track his races over the life of his/her racing career basically I've been told. True or not, I don't know. The manufacturer (AMB) is offering these systems for a fraction of the price where tracks feel it is too good to pass on such a deal. These systems have a RC-4 decoder box that is not picking up the MRT transponders. I think Kraig is saying that if a MRT is detected by their decoder box then you are good to race. If a MRT isn't detected by the loop, then your transponder won't work. If a car is detected by the loop then you are good to race regardless the transponder. Hope this helps.
Thats a pretty good description of events as I understood them. Thanks. I was getting the impression that there was active banning of the MRT even if it worked. I am glad that this is not the case. I am going with the RC4 at home as well so I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
We won't ban someone from using MRT. Just make sure it works with the new software in the decoder box. If you have a MRT reach out to Terry.Sc, previous posting. They will let you know what your options are.
Thanks I still have one AMB. I think I'm ok.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #114
Tech Adept

Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureal View Post
Yea, I am not sure what is going on with PayPal. It is working for some people and not for others. I'm trying to figure it out.

What I'll do is add a button on there as soon as I can where you can go back and trigger a payment after the fact.

Sorry about the problems, PayPal changed its API on us and I had to try to scrape this thing together in short order... looks like it isn't all there. Really have no idea why it works for some and not for others though.
Can we get an update on this. I'm all signed up, but still need to pay. Thanks.
Wyvern95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #115
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
Can we get an update on this. I'm all signed up, but still need to pay. Thanks.
I will send an e-mail to Shane and see where he is at on this issue.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #116
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

scotty...whats the chance of adding a body to the spec gt class..the protoform zl1 Camaro body would be a great addition
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #117
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
scotty...whats the chance of adding a body to the spec gt class..the protoform zl1 Camaro body would be a great addition
We looked at that body and looked at Lexus body from Protoform. It was decided to allow the Lexus body in the Spec GT class. Which, it should be on the site soon as a legal body.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #118
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well add the Camaro too...lol
Old 06-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #119
Tech Master

Why bother adding a body that nobody/very few people would run, given the other options?

Old 06-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #120
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Are those bodies 190 or 200mm wide?
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote