2013 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:21 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Great question Nate, I was going to ask the same. I have a dozen RC shirts now and most are from events/tracks and not strictly sponsor logos. I was curious if I'll need to bring something to cover them when I run.

What about event shirts that have product logos on the back? Like the awesome shirt from Nat's this year, MHIC, etc... What about the IIC shirts?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wyvern95
In the past, local RC Track/Club shirts were included in the clothing items not allowed for amateur drivers. This rule has only been enforced when you're on the stand for an amateur race in case you happen to be entered in more than one class. You can wear your track/club shirt, just be prepared to turn it inside out or put something over it when you take the stand for your amateur race.
Originally Posted by Clegg
Great question Nate, I was going to ask the same. I have a dozen RC shirts now and most are from events/tracks and not strictly sponsor logos. I was curious if I'll need to bring something to cover them when I run.

What about event shirts that have product logos on the back? Like the awesome shirt from Nat's this year, MHIC, etc... What about the IIC shirts?
I faced this same issue last year. I was told that no R/C related or any company R/C or not during my stint on the driver's stand for amatuer class only. I was told I couldn't wear a shirt from RROC. Scotty did that race but I couldn't wear it. This was for amatuer class only. I threw on a blank T-shirt over my other shirt. Took it off as soon as I walked off the driver's stand. I could wear anything during my other heats. Sports shirt were ok as were past IIC shirts.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyU
Is it legal to run a 12.3 rotor in 13.5 WGT? I did not see as an option in the motor list like the motors in the 17.5 12th scale.
Sure... provided it is a spec legal rotor with the 7.25mm inner rotor shaft diameter.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Here is pass 1 of the speed control list. It is the same as the one used for AOCRC. Take a look and if you don't see your favorite speed control and software version listed let me know asap so I can investigate!

Thanks,
Kraig
Hi Kraig,

Currently, there are two versions of the Hobbywing XERUN 120 V3.1 ESC available. A second ESC (XERUN 120 1S V3.1 ESC) runs single cell without using a separate receiver pack per its "1S" designation. I prefer to stay away from using separate receiver packs on my WGT cars; so, is this ESC OK to use?

You can view this ESC on both the Hobbywing and CRC (distributor) websites.

Apparently, the "blinky mode" is setting #2 on both types of these HW ESCs.

Many thanks.

Bill
Old 09-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by puhrot
Quick question about logos on shirts allowed for Amateur Touring. I know we are not allowed to wear any RC related company logos on clothing. But would it be OK to wear shirts from a local RC Track/Club as long as it doesn't have any sponsor logos on it?
If I remeber Right you can wear any shirt through the week but on main days you can not wear any shirt but the IIC shirt. Dont quote me on that tho. I do remeber some amateur guys wearing shirts from other races during the week.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Hello my fellow IIC addicts.

Well we are just about a month out and I guess as each day passes we all get more and more excited about our time in Vegas! Things on our end are moving along great. Entries are looking good and now some of the teams are getting entered. Names of note joining this year.

Team Xray as always will be there but this year they will be adding the full European Team as well. So it will be great to have all these guys joining in the fun we have at the IIC.

Martin Hudy
Alexander Hagberg
Magnus Vassmar
Niclas Nilsson
Francesco Martini
Along with the US Team of
Paul Lemiuex
Drew Ellis
Eric Anderson

Also confirmed for this years IIC will be Team Yokomo. Yokomo who just earned the season Championship in the ETS Modified Division will be ready to run on the rug at the Riviera.
Ronald Volker,
Umino Yukijiro
Andrew Hardman.

To all our drivers in the Spec GT class. We are very excited to have Tekin as the sponsor of this class and we will feature the Tekin RS GEN2 Spec Speed Control and the 17.5 Gen 2 Motor as our Spec Systems for the GT Class. Each drvier in the Spec GT class will get a brand new Spec System and motor to use for the IIC. These Systems have all been tested by Tekin to ensure everything is all set and perfect for this exciting Spec Class. This spec system along with the awesome looking bodies will make for one of the best classes at the IIC. Racers will also have the opportunity to purchase these systems after the IIC for a fantastic price! Tekin will be there to fully support everyone in the GT class as well as all other classes with setup help and advice to ensure everyone has a great time at the IIC.

To our Amateur drivers. This class will be sponsored and supported by ORCA and will feature their ORCA TX17.5 Motor. These motors and all ORCA Products are sold and distributed in the US by Eric Anderson of Team EA Motorsports. EA will be personally inspecting and testing each and every motor to ensure all are equal and nobody will have HP advantage. EA as well as Keith Yu who distributes ORCA in Canada will be there to help all drivers in the ORCA Amateur class with gearing and setup help as well as all other racers using ORCA Products.

We are again proud to have Protoform Race Bodies as a sponsor of the 2013 IIC and they will again be providing all racers with a quality Protoform Body included in your racer goodie bag. Dale and Eric Epp will again be joining us at the IIC and you will be able to meet them and chat with them at the Sponsor Meet and Greet being held on Tuesday night after practice.

To those who have never been to the IIC or are still thinking about attending I wanted to let everyone know about the event. Your entry fee includes not only your race entry but also a ton of stuff that pretty much makes your entry fee a wash. Each racer gets a goodie back with products from our sponsors equaling close to $100. You get a full buffet dinner Monday night during the drivers meeting. Tuesday you get to attend the Sponsor Meet & Greet that includes free Beer and Tacos. This is a great way to talk with our sponsors in an relaxed environment and get some free drinks and food while enjoying some good conversation and catching up with old friends and making some new ones. And finally you get to race with some of the best racers from around the world and have fun in one of the most exciting cities in the world, LAS VEGAS. So many racers come back each and every year because of the good time and good friends they have made over the years and the fun we all get to have enjoying this awesome hobby we all love.

I would just like to again update everyone on the Schedule for the week of the IIC.

SUNDAY OCT 6 7 PM IIC POKER TOURNAMENT open to all racers and families
MONDAY OCT 7 NOON-5PM IIC REGISTRATION IN BALLROOM TRACK AREA
MONDAY OCT 7 5:45PM DRIVERS MEEETING DINNER BUFFET
TUESDAY OCT 8 7AM PRACTICE ALL DAY
TUESDAY OCT 8 7PM SPONSOR MEET & GREET FREE BEER & TACOS
WED OCT 9 7AM PRACTICE
THUR OCT 10 7AM QUALIFYING
FRIDAY OCT 11 7AM QUALIFYING
SAT OCT 12 7AM MAINS
SAT OCT 12 6PM [B]GET CRAZY VEGAS STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR SOME THIS STARTED ON SUNDAY OCT 6

NATE & CLEGG: As for shirts during the Amateur class. Event shirts are fine, we just don't want Manufacture logo shirts being worn. Our goal with this class is to focus on the racer.

After 8 years of putting on the IIC I still get so excited as we draw closer to this wonderful event. I look forward to seeing all the friends we have made through the years from around the world and all the great new memories we will make at this years IIC.

As always if you have questions you can email me directly at [email protected]

2013 IIC is getting close. ARE WE THERE YET?

Thanks
Scotty
[email protected]
Old 09-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Also confirmed for this years IIC will be Team Yokomo...

Ronald Volker
Umino Yukijiro
Andrew Hardman
Old 09-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Also confirmed for this years IIC will be Team Yokomo. Yokomo who just earned the season Championship in the ETS Modified Division will be ready to run on the rug at the Riviera.
Ronald Volker,
Umino Yukijiro
Andrew Hardman. <-----------

This is big news!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Ronald Volker,
Umino Yukijiro
Andrew Hardman. <-----------

This is big news!
I know. I heard about it last week and was very surprised. Maybe this means xray will be announcing a new team member at the IIC.

Last edited by Jerz616; 09-04-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:36 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Scotty or Kraig, You mentioned earlier in the thread that there was going to be a new registration process onsite this year to fix the long lines that happened last year. Any info on what that process will be?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I sent a pitting request to Scotty via email but still haven't garnered a response. Should I be sending the request to someone else?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Lots of questions answered but a few were missed.

Bill, I have to do some checking and let me get back to you on that speed control.

Clegg, our meeting was cancelled so we have to meet again and that is one of the topics to discuss.

Lloyd, I will remind him.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Bill, I have to do some checking and let me get back to you on that speed control.
Thanks Kraig. Just don't want to be getting an ESC that is not IIC acceptable. Certainly do not want my brand new D3.5 13.5 motor to have any company on the shelf...LOL

FYI...My best case situation is rather unique in that I would only be able to attend the IIC on Friday and Saturday. Just had a right knee replacement done (off work 6 weeks so far and counting) and I have a week long management meeting to attend through Thursday of that week. So, if I race, it will probably be a token effort. Just love seeing everyone at the IIC again. Missed the 2012 IIC for the same meeting last year; otherwise, have been to all the previous events in Vegas.

Bill
Old 09-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Lots of questions answered but a few were missed.

Clegg, our meeting was cancelled so we have to meet again and that is one of the topics to discuss.

Lloyd, I will remind him.
Pit space for groups of us that are not affiliated with a sponsor has always been a tough problem for Scotty and Kraig. They don't always know how many spots the sponsored teams need. We have tried to ask for reserved space other years and it always seems to be a last minute task of Scotty's to arrange people so a group can sit together.

For sign ups, they could hand out numbered tickets and then call us up in blocks so we don't have to just stand in line.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is spec gt going to have an fdr rule again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.