R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #286
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCody View Post
Thanks for the info guys.. I dig the looks of the DB-9, but I will get a Gianna and try it out.

Btw, what sauce or sauces are we allowed to use?

Thanks for your patience with this IIC newb....
Sauce has been Jack The Gripper (JTG) in years past, but not sure whether Scotty will continue that trend this year. Last year's batch seemed a little odd.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #287
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Registration will include a bottle of Jack, that is the only sauce allowed. Tires can be cleaned with motor spray. I believe the ratio for SpecGT last year was 4.5.
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #288
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Kraig,

Thanks for further clarifying the World GT rules.

For the past IIC events, both World GT classes shared the same ride heights and widths of 4 mm and 205 mm respectively.

Cheers!

Bill
Thanks Bill. I will confirm with Scotty to make sure he hasn't changed his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
Kraig,

Are there any acceptable option parts for approved motors, like ceramic bearings, vented end bells and/or tuning rotors, or do they need to be as they came from the factory? I am wondering about Novak motors but I'm sure other companies have option parts for their motors as well. Please advise.

Thank you
You can run optional parts on the can and run tuning rotors. I believe there is a max size on the tuning rotor so let me get back to you on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
can I run an old revtech with vented trinity endbell
Please see above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative View Post
Scotty how do I get in touch with u about a event at my track ? (Innovative Hobbies & Raceway in New Holstein Wi. ) Thinking of doing a grand opening for our outdoor track?
E-mail is best. [email protected]

Quote:
I am putting things together to make this my first ever trip to IIC and I have a couple minor questions:

In World GT 13.5, when you determine a handout tire I assume we have to run that exact brand/compound throughout the event. Are we allowed to bring a few sets with us or do we need to purchase our additional sets at the event for control purposes?

Next, I had a quick body question. To my knowledge the Parma DB-9 WGT is a legal class body correct?

Thanks guys...
The tires last a while as Mark has said. We use your three consecutive fastest laps to seed the heats so you will need to use the marked tires for those runs.

I have yet to see a WGT body that makes me scratch my head and bring the question to my mind if it is legal or not. But there is always a first for everything right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_speed View Post
If I remember correctly, there was a maximum final drive ratio limit for the spec grand touring class. The web site doesn't list this, or at least I didn't see it. Can somebody tell me what it was last year so that I can set up my car for practicing with?

thanks.
The maximum final drive ratio was set by the provider of the systems last year. Since we have not announced who's system we will use I can't comment on what the ratio will be for this year. I will make sure it is part of the announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Is there a reason why the Trinity Killshot 17.5(#1602R, #1602T) is not on the approved 17.5 spec motor list???

Type Importer Manufacturer Name/Description
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic Revtech REV1051 REVTECH
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Epic Nemesis 17.5T # TRI10560
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Team Epic DUO 2 17.5 TEP 1002
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Team Epic Monster Locked 17.5T
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Team Epic Trinity D3 17.5 TEP1053
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Trinity TRI 10414 Pulse 17.5T
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Trinity TRI 10220 17.5T (red timing plate)
As Art said it is at the bottom of the list. Since it is labeled as a Revtech motor it somehow found its way there. I will see if I can get some time to clean up the list so it is easier to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkless View Post
Registration will include a bottle of Jack, that is the only sauce allowed. Tires can be cleaned with motor spray. I believe the ratio for SpecGT last year was 4.5.
Your registration will include a handout tire traction additive and a bunch of other items. You may want to bring a bag with you when you check in just in case. It makes carrying items back to your pit area easier.

Thank you everyone for pitching in with answering questions. It makes my life easier when I can give you guys credit for being correct.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #289
Tech Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys.. I dig the looks of the DB-9, but I will get a Gianna and try it out.

Btw, what sauce or sauces are we allowed to use?

Thanks for your patience with this IIC newb....
Painted right both the Sophia and Gianna look great. I've found the Gianna gives a touch more steering, which is a good thing.

Forgot you also need to run handout tyres for the seeding practice runs. Last year I managed with only two handout sets. Which had plenty of life left and lasted another 2-day meeting back in the UK

As the guys have answered, handout additive will be Corally Jack the Gripper. The grip will come up as the carpet gets run on, and you'll find plenty of grip with less additive time.

No problem. The IIC family will alway help out so if in doubt ask, both before and at the meeting.
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #290
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

In years past, the handout additive has been JTG... but I don't think we can say for sure what Scotty plans to use this year until it is announced.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #291
Tech Adept

Trying to figure out if I am reading the 17.5 motor list correctly, I'm looking at an Fantom Apex 17.5 based on the revtech but the part number doesn't match with any on the list. Is it permitted?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #292
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can a guy run 17.5, 13.5 and mod? Or could a guy run just 17.5 and mod?

I didn't know what the ruling was on that?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #293
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatterson26 View Post
Can a guy run 17.5, 13.5 and mod? Or could a guy run just 17.5 and mod?

I didn't know what the ruling was on that?

Thanks
Yep...

A buddy of mine ran Amateur and Mod last year...
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #294
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroves View Post
Trying to figure out if I am reading the 17.5 motor list correctly, I'm looking at an Fantom Apex 17.5 based on the revtech but the part number doesn't match with any on the list. Is it permitted?
As long as its the original revtech or the new killshot version you should be good to go. Anything based on the d3.5 is not allowed.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #295
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroves View Post
If the motor is based on the Revtech from Trinity then yes it is legal.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #296
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Signed up and paid, looking forward to my first IIC and first trip to Vegas.....
Old 08-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm in too! Looking forward the greatest race of the year.
Brian
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #298
Tech Rookie

I will be signing up first of the week. Just waiting for a couple more checks to come in and I just want to verify my classes before I order a bunch more stuff. I was planning on racing 3 classes:

13.5 WGT
17.5 1/12 scale
13.5 SS 1/12 scale

Am I able to race both 17.5 and 13.5 1/12 scale or is there a ruling preventing that?
Old 08-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #299
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
I will be signing up first of the week. Just waiting for a couple more checks to come in and I just want to verify my classes before I order a bunch more stuff. I was planning on racing 3 classes:

13.5 WGT
17.5 1/12 scale
13.5 SS 1/12 scale

Am I able to race both 17.5 and 13.5 1/12 scale or is there a ruling preventing that?
You can race both.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #300
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
You can race both.
someone last year or 2 ran mod 13.5 and 17.5 12th scale I thought
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote