R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #271
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thank God I run Novak spec.....
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #272
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,487
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

I fixed a couple of things on the chart.
1. World GT is still No boost
2. I added a link to the approved motors list for each class that specifies a motor.
3. World GT will have handout tires
4. We will be checking width for World GT.

I need to double check the ride height for the World GT classes before posting it.

Geez...I must have something against the World GT classes, sorry about that.

We will be checking rear wings this year which is just like last year. The wing must be below the roof line of the car. It is a pretty simple test with a level.

Is there anything else that I missed that you have a question about?
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #273
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Kraig,

Thanks for further clarifying the World GT rules.

For the past IIC events, both World GT classes shared the same ride heights and widths of 4 mm and 205 mm respectively.

Cheers!

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #274
Tech Adept
 
Wyvern95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever my job takes me
Posts: 127
Default

Kraig,

Are there any acceptable option parts for approved motors, like ceramic bearings, vented end bells and/or tuning rotors, or do they need to be as they came from the factory? I am wondering about Novak motors but I'm sure other companies have option parts for their motors as well. Please advise.

Thank you
Wyvern95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #275
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
Kraig,

Are there any acceptable option parts for approved motors, like ceramic bearings, vented end bells and/or tuning rotors, or do they need to be as they came from the factory? I am wondering about Novak motors but I'm sure other companies have option parts for their motors as well. Please advise.

Thank you
can I run an old revtech with vented trinity endbell
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #276
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Holstein, WI
Posts: 84
Default

Scotty how do I get in touch with u about a event at my track ? (Innovative Hobbies & Raceway in New Holstein Wi. ) Thinking of doing a grand opening for our outdoor track?
__________________
www.hobbiesatinnovative.com
www.facebook.com/InnovativeHobbiesAndRaceway
Innovative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #277
Tech Rookie
 
TeamCody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default

I am putting things together to make this my first ever trip to IIC and I have a couple minor questions:

In World GT 13.5, when you determine a handout tire I assume we have to run that exact brand/compound throughout the event. Are we allowed to bring a few sets with us or do we need to purchase our additional sets at the event for control purposes?

Next, I had a quick body question. To my knowledge the Parma DB-9 WGT is a legal class body correct?

Thanks guys...
__________________
"Its just a hobby!"... or so I'm told.
TeamCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #278
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

If I remember correctly, there was a maximum final drive ratio limit for the spec grand touring class. The web site doesn't list this, or at least I didn't see it. Can somebody tell me what it was last year so that I can set up my car for practicing with?

thanks.
__________________
Colorado On-Road RC Club
www.5280raceway.com
www.facebook.com/CORtrack
Driving: Xray T4 2015, T.O.P. Rebel 12, Durango DEX8T, Durango DEX408 v2, Associated B5M, Associated B44.2
rc_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #279
Tech Regular
 
MarkBurgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCody View Post
I am putting things together to make this my first ever trip to IIC and I have a couple minor questions:

In World GT 13.5, when you determine a handout tire I assume we have to run that exact brand/compound throughout the event. Are we allowed to bring a few sets with us or do we need to purchase our additional sets at the event for control purposes?

Next, I had a quick body question. To my knowledge the Parma DB-9 WGT is a legal class body correct?

Thanks guys...
Yes you have to run World GT handout tyres. These are marked up when you get them and for runs that count (qually and final) you have to run those. Tech is before you run so it will be checked.

You can take sets and run them in practice. In my experience the control tyre will last a long time so one set should do you

Yes the Parma is legal. My advice is to take and run the Sophia or Gianna. The latter is my current favourite.

Take it from me you will have a ball running World GT at the IIC
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #280
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCody View Post
I am putting things together to make this my first ever trip to IIC and I have a couple minor questions:

In World GT 13.5, when you determine a handout tire I assume we have to run that exact brand/compound throughout the event. Are we allowed to bring a few sets with us or do we need to purchase our additional sets at the event for control purposes?

Next, I had a quick body question. To my knowledge the Parma DB-9 WGT is a legal class body correct?

Thanks guys...
You can only use tires purchased at the event. One set is included with your registration fee, additional ones can be purchased.

Last I heard the DB9 is still legal, but the Sophia is still the body of choice by most. The new Gianna PF body is a good choice as well (better than the DB9, I would say.)
__________________
Chris Hillier | 5280 Raceway | www.5280raceway.com | Racing. Elevated.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX

Last edited by LloydLoar; 08-12-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Mark beat me, oh well.
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #281
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Is there a reason why the Trinity Killshot 17.5(#1602R, #1602T) is not on the approved 17.5 spec motor list???


Type Importer Manufacturer Name/Description
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic Revtech REV1051 REVTECH
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Epic Nemesis 17.5T # TRI10560
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Team Epic DUO 2 17.5 TEP 1002
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Team Epic Monster Locked 17.5T
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Team Epic Trinity D3 17.5 TEP1053
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Trinity TRI 10414 Pulse 17.5T
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Trinity TRI 10220 17.5T (red timing plate)
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #282
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
Kraig,

Are there any acceptable option parts for approved motors, like ceramic bearings, vented end bells and/or tuning rotors, or do they need to be as they came from the factory? I am wondering about Novak motors but I'm sure other companies have option parts for their motors as well. Please advise.

Thank you
These options have all been legal in years past...
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #283
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,112
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Is there a reason why the Trinity Killshot 17.5(#1602R, #1602T) is not on the approved 17.5 spec motor list???


Type Importer Manufacturer Name/Description
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic Revtech REV1051 REVTECH
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Epic Nemesis 17.5T # TRI10560
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Team Epic DUO 2 17.5 TEP 1002
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Team Epic Monster Locked 17.5T
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Team Epic Trinity D3 17.5 TEP1053
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Trinity TRI 10414 Pulse 17.5T
Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic/Trinity Trinity TRI 10220 17.5T (red timing plate)
it is at the bottom of the list...
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #284
Tech Rookie
 
TeamCody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default

DBL
__________________
"Its just a hobby!"... or so I'm told.

Last edited by TeamCody; 08-12-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Excessive clicking....
TeamCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #285
Tech Rookie
 
TeamCody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBurgess View Post
Yes you have to run World GT handout tyres. These are marked up when you get them and for runs that count (qually and final) you have to run those. Tech is before you run so it will be checked.

You can take sets and run them in practice. In my experience the control tyre will last a long time so one set should do you

Yes the Parma is legal. My advice is to take and run the Sophia or Gianna. The latter is my current favourite.

Take it from me you will have a ball running World GT at the IIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
You can only use tires purchased at the event. One set is included with your registration fee, additional ones can be purchased.

Last I heard the DB9 is still legal, but the Sophia is still the body of choice by most. The new Gianna PF body is a good choice as well (better than the DB9, I would say.)
Thanks for the info guys.. I dig the looks of the DB-9, but I will get a Gianna and try it out.

Btw, what sauce or sauces are we allowed to use?

Thanks for your patience with this IIC newb....
__________________
"Its just a hobby!"... or so I'm told.
TeamCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:14 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net