Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3300's Running Flat

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default 3300's Running Flat

I just purchased some new Trinity 3300's And Im currently running stock and they are a few runs old,The problem I'm having with them is that they run very flat with no punch at all is there any way I could wake these packs up or what.here Is how I charge and Discharge them:

Charge 6 amps @.05

Discharge 30amps I let them cool down then I put them on a Novak Discharge tray till the lights go out.

If there is a trick to wake these batteries up please let me know your help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How many runs do you have on them? If they sat at the hobby shop or distributor for a while it could take 4-6 runs for them to wake up. Also, some people charge @ 7 amps for stock to try to get a little extra punch.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Did you break-in the cells properly?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Just cycle them a few times and they will be good
Old 05-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

check voltage as you could have a dry connection on a battery bar or summat, or put a hot soldering iron and just resolder the connections
Old 05-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

The problem I'm having with them is that they run very flat with no punch at all
They're Trinity....

I don't think you need to "break in" batteries. They have allready been cycled by the matchers. Wouldn't that do the trick?

GP3300 do get better after a few runs.

I think you need to discharge like this. Run the race, discharge at 30 till cut-off. Put away.

Before you charge, put them in your tray at like .5 (volts) setting till its done, then charge right away. Sounds like you are not traying the cells RIGHT BEFORE you charge. Thats critical.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

I second that. I always tray my cells for 5-10 minutes before I charge them. I put them on the Integy 30 amp tray, then I charge them. Really wakes the cells up!

I have noticed that the cells like to be stored equalized...I have seen increased performance ever since I began using the Novak tray after each run.

I know some on this board say that after storing the cells for longer than several weeks you DO NOT need to cycle them several times before you use them but personally, I have found the opposite to be true. There are times with work and school that I do not run for 2 weeks to 2 months. After I pull the batteries out of storage for that long (stored at 5.4 volts) they are very flat but wake up to as good as new after a few cycles!