R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   orion r10 pro question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/734638-orion-r10-pro-question.html)

chasingthepack 06-02-2013 09:59 AM

orion r10 pro question

ive put this in onroad as its their advice im after regarding brakes

ok guys when i hit the brakes from a high speed the brakes kind of ease in and just before the apex of a corner itll suddenly brake harder,i have it all set to 100% so cant work out why the delay,any help would be very much apreciated,im losing so much time on poor braking performance,id prefer to be able to lock the wheels and the adjust the transmitter,but im maxed on everything

chasingthepack 06-02-2013 03:58 PM

or is there somewhere else on the forum i can ask about the orion product?

BadPanda818 06-02-2013 04:20 PM

Try recalibrating the system or check the sensor. That's my solution whenever my r10 starts acting up like that. Hope that will fix it

chasingthepack 06-02-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by BadPanda818 (Post 12216427)
Try recalibrating the system or check the sensor. That's my solution whenever my r10 starts acting up like that. Hope that will fix it

thanks ill give it a go

chasingthepack 06-03-2013 06:22 AM

ive done all suggested but still have the delay,cmon guys someone must have an answer for me? :cry:

chasingthepack 06-03-2013 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by XXXDad (Post 12218184)
Make sure you are fully updated on your ESC....
First re calabrate your throttle neutral/foward/brake... Try neutral range Low 95 and check inital break setting . I run 62.5% brake setting then set your dragbreak to 10% or higher, if low traction 10% is good if higher traction try a higher %... you just dont want the rear end to come around. So if its spinning out use a lower drag break setting. Do you have the program box??

yes tried all that and yes i have the programmer

Originally Posted by lore (Post 12218185)
Hi, have you tried initial break set up to 40?

Tha should help.

Ciao,

Lorenzo

yes,i have tried just about everything to lose the delay but its still there,i have taken a vid of whats happening,knowing my luck thats just the way it is,once i have it uploaded ill post it here

BadPanda818 06-03-2013 08:57 AM

Hmmm try all brakes at 0 then work your way from there. My settings is 0 for both drag and initial, and 50 something for brake. I know it's a pain but once it's fixed, you'll love that esc

chasingthepack 06-03-2013 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by BadPanda818 (Post 12218788)
Hmmm try all brakes at 0 then work your way from there. My settings is 0 for both drag and initial, and 50 something for brake. I know it's a pain but once it's fixed, you'll love that esc

i do like it when im going forward its just when i try to stop,im on the brakes 5 mtrs before anyone else and when i got caught by a faster guy he just wasnt expecting me to brake where i had to,to get it slowed down enough for the turn,its like im only getting 40% then at a certain rpm i get the full works,but it always catches me out,the other guys are just having a quick stab at the brakes im on it for 1 1/2 seconds at the same corner

chasingthepack 06-03-2013 10:13 AM

heres the vid
http://youtu.be/ljFsxIaV05Y

Jerz616 06-03-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by chasingthepack (Post 12219085)

I am running mine in 17.5 blinky and have no issues. Sounds like your running mod. Sounds like its the higher rpm that's causing the delay. Like there is too much spinning weight at such a high speed that it delays the true breaking until it slows to a point where the motor can act accordingly, as it doesn't do it at your slower throttle input. Not sure there would be a fix for this.

sosidge 06-03-2013 11:36 AM

It's basically the same issue you get with the v2 Hobbywings (Orion is Hobbywing V2 hardware), there is a delay in the brakes when going straight to them which is not present if you pause and then brake.

Hobbywing have (somewhat) addressed this with the newest blinky software but I don't believe that is an option for the Orion speedo.

Cpt.America 06-03-2013 11:38 AM

Isn't there an "initial brake" setting? like a brake curve?

(edit:Initial BrakeForce
minimum brake. This parameter adjusts the minimum amount of braking power when the brakes engage. The default value is qual to the drag brake value. A high value can cause the wheels to lock immediately when the brake is used.)

Maybe set your initial brake force higher? That issue would drive me bananas... i would consider that almost unusable. I need my brakes to be consistent and predictable to make the best out of my apexes.

chasingthepack 06-03-2013 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cpt.America (Post 12219353)
Isn't there an "initial brake" setting? like a brake curve?

(edit:Initial BrakeForce
minimum brake. This parameter adjusts the minimum amount of braking power when the brakes engage. The default value is qual to the drag brake value. A high value can cause the wheels to lock immediately when the brake is used.)

Maybe set your initial brake force higher? That issue would drive me bananas... i would consider that almost unusable. I need my brakes to be consistent and predictable to make the best out of my apexes.

i have tried but it makes no difference to the delay

Cpt.America 06-03-2013 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by chasingthepack (Post 12219416)
i have tried but it makes no difference to the delay

Are you running dynamic timing? (boost)

chasingthepack 06-03-2013 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cpt.America (Post 12219427)
Are you running dynamic timing? (boost)

yes 43 boost 22 turbo motor is at 0 deg timing,gm race 13.5t