Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Novak Brusless System

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yeah, its got no motor limit, im running a stock motor on it. U have to remember to do the ONE TOUCH SETUP with no motor or sensor wire connected, then change to brushed mode, then connect a brushed motor.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
is it OK to use a dean's connector? I'd like to be able to switch from brushed to brushless easilly.
It's ok us a dean's connector but you'll have to modify it for the three wire setup. I use a 3.5mm bullet connectors and switch from brush to bl all the time. I have posted some pic on the RDX tread but can't find it. Here's a link to some pics of my oval car with a bl and brushed motor. http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...&page=18&pp=15

Look at the third pic under the center shock, you'll see where I slice the red wire for the positive connection to the motor.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgen
It's ok us a dean's connector but you'll have to modify it for the three wire setup. I use a 3.5mm bullet connectors and switch from brush to bl all the time. I have posted some pic on the RDX tread but can't find it. Here's a link to some pics of my oval car with a bl and brushed motor. http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...&page=18&pp=15

Look at the third pic under the center shock, you'll see where I slice the red wire for the positive connection to the motor.
thanks for the pic. i assume you hotwire the wires from the esc and motor to the battery. i guess my problem is that i use bullet connectors for the battery. trying to figure out how i can branch a wire from the battery back to the motor for brushed without having an extra live wire danggling around when i switch to brushless.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

In the brushed mode I hot wire the positive to the motor and battery. In brushless I normally hot wire the positive brush wire to the positive battery or sometimes unsolder the jumper wire
Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Help! I don't want to run that insanely large power cap on my new GTB. I have no space for it on my touring car. That is such an awful design, why does Novak do this? Look at the size of it, its the size of the whole ESC. Can I run the GTB without this power cap?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
Help! I don't want to run that insanely large power cap on my new GTB. I have no space for it on my touring car. That is such an awful design, why does Novak do this? Look at the size of it, its the size of the whole ESC. Can I run the GTB without this power cap?
you can but you shouldn't....

this question has been asked several times before, do a seach on this thread and you will certainly will get a proper answer on that....
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

put a smaller one in if you want.

u cant satisfy everyone. some people use 2 of them novak ones.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Company Representative

Here is an article from TeamNovak's website explaining capacitors (includes a photo):

Power Capacitors and Capacitor Modules

Reading the info probably won't make you any happier about running the module, but you may see why Novak stands by their "awful design."

Old 05-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Zip tie it to the wires as low and centered as you can. That's what I do with mine. Or put it on the deck. Or on the servo. Tuck it away somewhere. You can make it work. You want that puppy on there to protect the ESC and make things run smoother. It's big for a reason... it works best that way !
Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

planning to pick up a Spektrum system for my old trusty M8. Will it work with the 1st gen GTB (not to Spektrum Optimized one)?
Old 05-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Need help, is it possible to replace the fan on GTB with the fan that comes with computer at the top of chipset heat sinks........?? i've been trying to buy the novak one but it's out of stock and i do really need one.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

voodoo,

All of my GTB's are the NON Spectrum type..and I run Spectrum radios in ALL my cars.

It's my understanding you can run the NON Spectrum W/ a spectrum radio, but not vice versa.

The Spread Spectrum ESC's have a faster switching optimizing the Spectrums ability and this feature also lets the speed control run cooler.

DRAG-ON

Check With NOVAKS site for the fan

Shop At Team Novak
Old 05-25-2007, 01:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRAG_ON
Need help, is it possible to replace the fan on GTB with the fan that comes with computer at the top of chipset heat sinks........?? i've been trying to buy the novak one but it's out of stock and i do really need one.
Yes as long as the fan is 5V, if not it will still work but won't spin very fast. If you can only get a 12V one solder it to the batt terminals on the speedie.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

@DRAG-ON

Have you try Muchmore fan, its slightly smaller (25x25mm) than novak fan (30x30mm), but its true 5V fan,
airflow is almost the same, I think it can replace original novak fan

Last edited by Faiz; 05-25-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wat FDR would u recommend on a GTB 5.5r (sintered) with a cyclone? Also is it possible to limit the speed on it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.