R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2006, 10:52 PM   #1426
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdc90
What receiver are you running??
If it's a spektrum receiver try a cap, when ever a spektrum glitches it is usually due to a loss of power.

nope im using sanwa rx-311 40mhz. it only glitches at certain part of the track, going full throtle shows no prob ta all. dou you think installing a cap might fix it?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #1427
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It would be worth trying but probably won't fix it. What parts of the track does it glitch and are there power lines near?. Also check the usual things like the reciever wire touching carbon fibre etc.
Drew.

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #1428
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubaboy
You do realize that when Brushless was first introduced it wasn't legal for Mod either?

Organizations do change and adapt to new technology.

paul
Sure I realize that but mod is nothing like stock... stock has a wind limit... mod doesnt and 13.5 isnt close to 27 turns... mod can run bearings and stock cant... and stock cant run Neo magnets like the BL does plus the BL 13.5 will cost more than the stock rules allow... gonna be real hard to get it approved by ROAR for the stock class.
Every track can make up their own minds but ROAR can't allow it to run as a stock legal motor with out totally redoing their rules... I don't think that will happen any time soon.
I think the best you can hope for, at the moment, is for ROAR to create a seperate stock brushless class

Last edited by ottoman; 09-04-2006 at 04:31 PM.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:43 AM   #1429
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdc90
It would be worth trying but probably won't fix it. What parts of the track does it glitch and are there power lines near?. Also check the usual things like the reciever wire touching carbon fibre etc.
Drew.
thanks drew. i might switch to spektrum soon.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:39 AM   #1430
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
Sure I realize that but mod is nothing like stock... stock has a wind limit... mod doesnt and 13.5 isnt close to 27 turns... mod can run bearings and stock cant... and stock cant run Neo magnets like the BL does plus the BL 13.5 will cost more than the stock rules allow... gonna be real hard to get it approved by ROAR for the stock class. Every track can make up their own minds but ROAR can't allow it to run as a stock legal motor with out totally redoing their rules... I don't think that will happen any time soon.

With out much thinking, stock racing future looks dim.

ands now

Mod will just get all the bigger and more popular because of brushless...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:06 PM   #1431
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
Sure I realize that but mod is nothing like stock... stock has a wind limit... mod doesnt and 13.5 isnt close to 27 turns... mod can run bearings and stock cant... and stock cant run Neo magnets like the BL does plus the BL 13.5 will cost more than the stock rules allow... gonna be real hard to get it approved by ROAR for the stock class. Every track can make up their own minds but ROAR can't allow it to run as a stock legal motor with out totally redoing their rules... I don't think that will happen any time soon.
Yes just like the rules had to be redone for the mod classes. I don't think it will happen for 2007, but by '08 I see something possible. It's just a matter of ROAR working with manufacturers to determine what the proper specs should be (or if it can be done). Brushed mod motors are NOT allowed to run NEO magnets, even though the mod brushless motors can use them.

Personally I think the Stock rules are outdated already. (See bushings) I know our club would not have a problem with somebody running the new 13.5 motors in stock.

Paul

Last edited by Tubaboy; 09-05-2006 at 09:02 AM.
Tubaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:26 PM   #1432
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdy
thanks drew. i might switch to spektrum soon.
Yeah I had lots of problems when I got my brushless, I tried many things and the only thing that worked was switching to spektrum. It was worth the money as it didn't only fix the glitching, I never have to worry about what frequency poeple are using.
I hope you get your problems sorted.
Drew.

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #1433
Tech Initiate

Hi

I used the 3.5 the other night and it had alot of brake. I tried turning brake down in my radio and the car started rolling foward without any throttle. Can you turn brake down on the GTB speedie? The only way i could find was to change the profile to one with less brake but then that changes other things about the profile aswell. Is there anyway to just change the amount of brakes?

Cheers
Andy
Andy__+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #1434
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__+
Hi

I used the 3.5 the other night and it had alot of brake. I tried turning brake down in my radio and the car started rolling foward without any throttle. Can you turn brake down on the GTB speedie? The only way i could find was to change the profile to one with less brake but then that changes other things about the profile aswell. Is there anyway to just change the amount of brakes?

Cheers
Andy
Drag Brake? Yes, you can turn it down on the GTB. Instructions are on the "Advanced -- Custom Programming" page of the GTB manual. Try reducting it to 10% or 15%.

If you want to adjust actual brakes (when you push the trigger forward), reduce the brake end-point setting on your radio.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #1435
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A-man...

You can adjust all the important stuff on the GTB.

Minimum drive, minimum brake, drag brake etc...
I don't really like any so go ahead and customise to your hearts content.

Incidentally - any chance you'll be tempted to head out to MTHC on wednesday? Would be nice to see the 3.5 in action.
They'll be a couple of cars running 4.5's tomorrow..

Cheerio!
AA
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:05 AM   #1436
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A guy in our 4300 class is running his with a sphere, and for some reason, it stopped going into thermal shutdown. I think he kept weakening the magnets in the rotor, and then kept gearing it up. He was fast as hell in the main, and then slowed way down and pulled off toward the end. He temped the motor at... 253 degrees. Ouch.

It seems like maybe as the magnets get weaker, the RPMs go up, but also the motor gets hot faster. I'm not positive, but we're having mixed results with rollout and temperature.

I decided to gear my 4300 w/sintered rotor until it started warming up, and it started getting faster finally. I think my rollout was around 32mm in the main tonight, and the motor came off at 128. It finally felt like I was close in speed to the other guys, though still a bit behind. The two guys in front of me both thermaled/overheated in the last minute and I got the win. Woo. :-D
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:43 AM   #1437
Tech Adept

Adjust the EPA on the speed will cause the centre point of move and the car will roll forward!
mr4-tc sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:38 AM   #1438
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__+
Hi

Cheers
Andy
Were you adjusting the brakes using the EPA or the trim.
I'm assuming the car didn't roll forward cause the track has a gradient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4-tc sp
Adjust the EPA on the speed will cause the centre point of move and the car will roll forward!
The EPA should definitely NOT move the centre or neutral point of the channel, if it is something is wrong.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 AM   #1439
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Schumacher Pitspace has a poll on the Novak 13.5 w/ Brushed motors....

Would be nice to get a lot of votes to get an idea of what the majority of people feel about this being combined with brushed motors.

http://www.schumacherpitspace.com

(I realize this is a brushless thread but I'm sure brushed guys are reading this too )
Old 09-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #1440
Tech Adept

Hi Fathead,

This is the problem. Usually normal speedo will not act like this. No matter what kind of value you set in the EPA, say 100% throttle/100% Brake or 100% throttle/50% Brake initially. When the setup is completed, it will give you full range of throttle and brake. When changing the inital EPA value of either throttle or brake, ie changing the throttle to brake ratio, the center point moves. It seems that GTB using the throttle/brake ratio to remember the center point. The only way I use to adjust is to shift the digital trim.
mr4-tc sp is offline   Reply With Quote