R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #1336
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
mine is on its way too
What final drive ratio have you been using? I'm really liking 11.1
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:24 PM   #1337
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

I see you guys talking about sintered rotor. what is that? When would you replace that and do I send it in to Novak to replace?
Yellowtaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:42 PM   #1338
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,208
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
What final drive ratio have you been using? I'm really liking 11.1
Im at a 11.17 FDR on my Cyclone with the 4.5
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:42 PM   #1339
Tech Fanatic
 
Nexus Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
I see you guys talking about sintered rotor. what is that? When would you replace that and do I send it in to Novak to replace?
It is a new optional part...you can add it yourself:

Novak Electronics Velociti Nickel-Plated Sintered Rotor
__________________
NEXUSRACING.com
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #1340
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,208
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
It is a new optional part...you can add it yourself:

Novak Electronics Velociti Nickel-Plated Sintered Rotor
Got one of the Nexus fans (30mm x 30mm) and it works great! flows alot more air than the stock fan!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #1341
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Got one of the Nexus fans (30mm x 30mm) and it works great! flows alot more air than the stock fan!
Where can I get one of those fans from?
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:20 PM   #1342
Tech Fanatic
 
Nexus Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Got one of the Nexus fans (30mm x 30mm) and it works great! flows alot more air than the stock fan!
Wire it up for 7.2V and you will like it even more ! The output on the GTB fan plug is 6V.

I have all my fans wired to the ESC battery/power cap wires (7.2V) with a seperate switch and a "special" fan power distributor :




BTW, the fan is from MuchMore (just trying to make sure everyone realizes that we do not sell them with our own branding). We try to keep a good inventory of them.
__________________
NEXUSRACING.com
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #1343
Tech Master
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm All Over The Place
Posts: 1,160
Default

Hi Guys,

The new rotor should have more natural drag brake in the motor, so less is needed from the ESC setting. This helps reduce both motor and ESC temps.

Email me for some details on wiring up your fans for 7.2. There is a basic trick of changing just One Wire of the fan. It's actually shockingly simply. Just take the RED lead from your fan, and connect it to the BLACK lead on the Switch. This will provide the fans with 7.2 volts when the switch is turned on. No need for extra anytying that way. Just the simply moving of a wire.

Additionally, we've done a bit of testing with "multiple" power cap trans modules on the GTB and found that 2 in parrallel is good for reducing Cap temps quite a bit, and slightly reducing ESC temps.

I know, MORE caps, great right..... Its not necessary, but it does help. Any help is a good thing.
__________________
Novak Electronics Tech Support
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #1344
Tech Addict
 
AngryAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

How much life are you getting out of the fan, running it at 7.2V?

I've got a couple in the pixbox, ready for when the GTB fan dies.
But, mine is the larger model.. 30x30 which seems to be thinner.

Here's mine mounted:
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #1345
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,208
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Hi Guys,

The new rotor should have more natural drag brake in the motor, so less is needed from the ESC setting. This helps reduce both motor and ESC temps.

Email me for some details on wiring up your fans for 7.2. There is a basic trick of changing just One Wire of the fan. It's actually shockingly simply. Just take the RED lead from your fan, and connect it to the BLACK lead on the Switch. This will provide the fans with 7.2 volts when the switch is turned on. No need for extra anytying that way. Just the simply moving of a wire.

Additionally, we've done a bit of testing with "multiple" power cap trans modules on the GTB and found that 2 in parrallel is good for reducing Cap temps quite a bit, and slightly reducing ESC temps.

I know, MORE caps, great right..... Its not necessary, but it does help. Any help is a good thing.

thanks for the tip!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #1346
Tech Fanatic
 
Nexus Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
How much life are you getting out of the fan, running it at 7.2V?
The one on top of the ESC is the same fan I have been using for over a year at 7.2V!
__________________
NEXUSRACING.com
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #1347
Tech Fanatic
 
Nexus Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Where can I get one of those fans from?
MuchMore 30x30mm Fan
__________________
NEXUSRACING.com
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #1348
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,208
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
How much life are you getting out of the fan, running it at 7.2V?

I've got a couple in the pixbox, ready for when the GTB fan dies.
But, mine is the larger model.. 30x30 which seems to be thinner.

Here's mine mounted:
where is your top-deck??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #1349
Tech Addict
 
AngryAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Marcos.

The picture was taken whilst I was waiting for a new topdeck to arrive. I was going to put in some confusing quip about chassis flex and lower lap times......

Thanks for the tip Charlie - will definately try it..Red wire to black switch. Black wire to battery.

Is it okay to use the V4/V8 series of caps instead of two parallel novak caps?
Has anyone tried it?
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #1350
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,208
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Marcos.

The picture was taken whilst I was waiting for a new topdeck to arrive. I was going to put in some confusing quip about chassis flex and lower lap times......

Thanks for the tip Charlie - will definately try it..Red wire to black switch. Black wire to battery.

Is it okay to use the V4/V8 series of caps instead of two parallel novak caps?
Has anyone tried it?
lol you need to get a micro receiver on that Cyclone!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novak GTB 4-cell Brusless Speed Controller Greg Amendola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 04-16-2008 12:59 PM
WTB: ASSOCIATED B44 W/ BRUSLESS SYSTEM levi m R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 02-15-2008 05:27 PM
brusless esc , maybe system jslider R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 11-18-2007 05:30 PM
Novak XBR Brusless/Brushed ESC Delyt R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 11-15-2007 09:44 AM
Novak 4.5 Brusless System Speedo/4.5 Motor w/Sintered installed mike ivy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-25-2006 06:57 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net