R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-24-2006, 04:53 AM   #1171
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

guys
ive read that it eliminates the glitch when installing a capacitor on the receiver under the batt slot. is it effective? won't it damage the receiver and the gtb esc.
Can i use a 4700uf 16volts capacitor? i have one with me but i need your advice before using it. thanks.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:28 AM   #1172
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdy
guys
ive read that it eliminates the glitch when installing a capacitor on the receiver under the batt slot. is it effective? won't it damage the receiver and the gtb esc.
Can i use a 4700uf 16volts capacitor? i have one with me but i need your advice before using it. thanks.
Yes, it can help. In instances where the amp draw from the motor is too high and causes the voltage to drop from the battery for a few, the cap provides the little extra oomph to the rx to help keep it from losing signal. This isn't an instant fix, but it can help. First make sure that your rx is mounted as far away from the GTB as possible and that your antenna wire doesn't get too close to the power wires. If you're still getting glitching problems after you've exhausted all other possibilities, switch to spektrum...

Tony
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #1173
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to makytc4

im running the 4.5 brushless motor around my local track(snetterton) after 2.5 /3 mins the thermal cuts in. tried gearings anywhere from 9.5 to 8 still the same. im running cool can fans on the motor at 7.2v still no difference. apparently there was some gtbs that had a theramling problem could this be one of them.
makytc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #1174
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makytc4
im running the 4.5 brushless motor around my local track(snetterton) after 2.5 /3 mins the thermal cuts in. tried gearings anywhere from 9.5 to 8 still the same. im running cool can fans on the motor at 7.2v still no difference. apparently there was some gtbs that had a theramling problem could this be one of them.
you need to be in the 10.0 fdr range I run a 10.26 fdr with no thermal issues
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #1175
Super Moderator

Quote:
you need to drop a few pinions
Old 06-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #1176
Tech Apprentice

few guys at snetterton club today were runnin at about 9 overall and was going 7 minutes before thermaling. but i was on same gearing and couldnt last 3 sumits gotta be up with it
Old 06-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #1177
Super Moderator

Quote:
few guys at snetterton club today were runnin at about 9 overall and was going 7 minutes before thermaling. but i was on same gearing and couldnt last 3 sumits gotta be up with it
what car ?whats your FDR??
Old 06-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #1178
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
I have a problem with all of my BL motors going into shut down early. When I gear a 4300 at the same FDR as others that do not shut down. It will thermal 45 sec left of a 5 min heat. My 4.5 does the same thing. I have found that if I use cans of air upside down to chill the motor. I can make 5 min. I have talked to others and have found this to be a very inconsistant problem with the GTB. I hear the LRP will not thermal the motor as soon as the Novak. I am going to get a LRP to see if this is true.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:36 PM   #1179
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I have a problem with all of my BL motors going into shut down early. When I gear a 4300 at the same FDR as others that do not shut down. It will thermal 45 sec left of a 5 min heat. My 4.5 does the same thing. I have found that if I use cans of air upside down to chill the motor. I can make 5 min. I have talked to others and have found this to be a very inconsistant problem with the GTB. I hear the LRP will not thermal the motor as soon as the Novak. I am going to get a LRP to see if this is true.
It doesnt happen with the LRP b/c as we proved today they cant make it more then a few seconds . I like the ease of use of the LRP but the quality seems bad...
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #1180
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07

Quote:

does your car crawls after the thermal cuts in, or does it stops completely? both are different issues, if its crawling slowly as if the battery pack already dumped, probably the temp sensor in the esc is faulty. my gtb esc had this problem initially, send it back to Novak and they took care of the problem for me. thanks Novak, excellent service...
Old 06-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #1181
Tech Apprentice

just cuts out after 3 mins. tried my mates gtb today to see if was that still cut out. so i ran his bl motor on my speedo and lasted ages . think i may have dodgy bl motor in my hands. had to go back to normal mod felt so slow after racing brushless.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #1182
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
It doesnt happen with the LRP b/c as we proved today they cant make it more then a few seconds . I like the ease of use of the LRP but the quality seems bad...
I hope when I get my Sphere comp it will last longer than that> I will just have to wait until Randy gets more in.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #1183
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I hope when I get my Sphere comp it will last longer than that> I will just have to wait until Randy gets more in.
He had one left. Not sure if you want from that batch though. I would wait and see what LRP says about the 3 that went crazy this weekend. Randy is going to call them Monday.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #1184
Tech Adept

New to brushless scene and was wondering if the GTB system works with the stock SS4300 motor. My friends and I are pondering the thought of running this system for our winter indoor season to try to keep costs down. I am assuming that it should be okay, we aren't speed demons, but I'm reading a lot of post about thermal issues. Should we be concerned? Or could this be a bullet proof, fun class option?
og_capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #1185
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by og_capone
New to brushless scene and was wondering if the GTB system works with the stock SS4300 motor. My friends and I are pondering the thought of running this system for our winter indoor season to try to keep costs down. I am assuming that it should be okay, we aren't speed demons, but I'm reading a lot of post about thermal issues. Should we be concerned? Or could this be a bullet proof, fun class option?
the gtb will work with any novak or lrp brushless motor