R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #1111
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

So what all of you saying is that glitching is normal with regular receivers?
Yellowtaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #1112
Tech Addict

Uh, glitching is never the norm.

Dave
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #1113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There are a bunch of guys running various Novak BL systems around here and none are having any glitching with 27, 75 band or Spectrum.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #1114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182

I had a glitching problem with my 10 pan running the 5.5r. I was using a 27mhz AM system, and a Hitec 5925MG. I added a cap to the receiver and it solved the problem. Seemed a low power problem in the receiver. It would only glitching when i slammed the throttle out of the corner. Its a quick fix, but the car now has a 27mhz FM XXL receiver, so we'll see if it still needs the cap.

Also got a 4.5r in the mail, to go into a Thunder Tiger FM-1e bike.... should be enough power lol
Old 06-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #1115
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Of all the people running the BL system and standard electronics I've seen no one has had glitching problems. I had issues with my Airtronics 3ch reciever, but then I couldn't get any speedo to reset, swapped to a good old Novak receiver and it works great. So my Airtronics receiver is dead and needs to be sent in... .

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #1116
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1

i have a problem with mine,, 5.5-gtb with airtronic 3ch rcvr in a 2wd 10th scale truck,, the esc is on the opposite side of the rcvr,, when outside when i drive the car about 100feet or so,, it starts glitching,, but at the track,, since im not driving that far away everything is fine,, i have never had a problem at the track,, just only when outside at distance,,, this is my third complete system.. the others had problems and they all had glitching issues.. what should i do

motor review
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5643067/tm.htm
http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/156814-vendetta-bl-motor-reviews-pros-cons.html

tire review
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6000527/tm.htm
jaejw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #1117
Tech Master

Most likely the range problems are in the radio system because if the speedo is causing glitching it should be doing it whether your 10 feet away or 200 feet away. First off, make sure your transmitter battery is fully charge and the antenna fully extended (some people overlook these things... ) . The antenn on your rx should be fully extended in the tube, not wrapped up or zip tied to its self inside the car so it doesn't extend as far out the tube. So pull the antenna all the way out the tube and then just leave the extra wire hanging out of the tube loose, thats right, dont zip tie or shrink wrap or wrap the wire back around the tube because that can shorten your range. It's best just to leave the antenna straight and not wrapped back over it's self ever. Try these simple things and see if it helps your problem. It can also help range holding your radio up high like chest hight and not at your waste if thats where you hold it.

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
Old 06-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #1118
Tech Fanatic

I have just got myself a gtb and 4.5, had no problem with it.

Also is very fast
RC12L4
FlightPower LiPo's all the way.
Michael.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #1119
Tech Adept

does the GTB have any type of voltage cutoff for lipos? I know on lipos you are not to run them below 6 volts.
Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #1120
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenport
does the GTB have any type of voltage cutoff for lipos? I know on lipos you are not to run them below 6 volts.
no the LRP does
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #1121
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

I'm pretty sure the next version of Novak's premier brushless controller will have a programmable voltage cut off for LiPo's, but nothing as of now. When your car noticeably slows on the track, just pull it off and you'll be ok.

Tony
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:14 PM   #1122
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcCzarOfOld
When your car noticeably slows on the track, just pull it off.Tony
Most people should be doing that with NiMH's anyway.

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:20 PM   #1123
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Is anyone using the GTB with their stock 27T and/or 19T motors?

Just wondering how they felt it performed or if it felt any different they the regular ESC's.

Mine works flawlessly using the 4.5 but I was looking for feedback in running it in the "brushed" mode.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #1124
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

On paper, it's the best brushed speed control on the market. There are a couple guys that run them around here and love them just as much as the GTX and way more than the QC's.

Charlie, you've got mail. I had a major meltdown yesterday. All that's left is the heatsink and a couple wires. Don't know what the heck happened though. Thing worked flawlessly for months then... POOF. 2 foot wide pillar of pink smoke billowing from the car until we could get the batteries unsoldered. Even blew up one of my decent Pro-Match packs. No clue...

Tony
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #1125
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
Is anyone using the GTB with their stock 27T and/or 19T motors?

Just wondering how they felt it performed or if it felt any different they the regular ESC's.

Mine works flawlessly using the 4.5 but I was looking for feedback in running it in the "brushed" mode.
I've been running mine with stock and 19t motors and it works great, better than my GTX I feel actually. The stock brushed profile on the GTB is a little bit smooth most people will think for stock and 19t motors so I turned the frequency down all the way and that helped with the bottom end some. The nice thing about the GTB is that you can completly customize each profile on the esc .