R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-10-2005, 01:51 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Is the fan the production one for the esc?

It looks larger than the esc dimentions. Could it be smaller?

Anyone know if you will need the fan for running a 4300 on high traction carpet?

I hope that's the price. What's is the esc alone listed for?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 05:18 AM   #92
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

You wouldn't need a fan if you ran the SS4300.

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 02:58 PM   #93
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nilsen
I don't mean to go off-topic, but this isn't true. I got my Quantum Comp serviced by sending it to AE and it they did a perfectly fine job servicing it.
I did not know it personally, I have a LRP V7.1, AE told me they cannot serivce that ESC, and also, I read posts from QE2 thread and ppl did say the service of their ESC will take a long time.............
On the other hand, I know NOVAK did a much better job about servicing their equipment, cause they did everything in USA.....
Performance is 2nd for me....service/parts always come first.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #94
Tech Adept

wow...nice car pic,so who snatched a picture..?????
FERNANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:28 PM   #95
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNANDO
wow...nice car pic,so who snatched a picture..?????
Hey Dummy....Guess you haven't been to my website then Click here http://www.pdubracing.com/photo_gallery.htm and scroll down near the bottom
Old 06-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #96
Tech Master

Hey Guys,

I'm sure the fan can be removed for some applications, Again, we ran Hotter Motor then the 5.5 and 6.5 at the Reedy Race, so we NEEDED the fans for Touring car. In offroad that may not be the case with the 5.5 and 6.5.

As far as programming goes, that will all come in time. Adjustable everything I'm sure. I don't forsee any santioned racing format going to allow brushless and brushed to be run together in any of the sanctioned events or even at a club level. For Mod Racing it's different, the motors are more open, but for stock and 19 turn racing there are limits to the motor adjustments.

No, I don't know when it will be released or what the final street price will be. Also, I don't have exact specs on what exactly the on board adjustments will be or do. I mean I do, but we haven't published anything yet.

Sensorless systems and Sensor systems are different in a lot of ways. There are different numbers of poles, different winding types and all kinds of different sizes. Of course to a customer to compare whats faster is fine and dandy, but the Novak Motors are designed around the rules for racing. They are 2 pole magnets, with 3 coils, Just like a regular motor. That is the main reason the Novak Motors are that way, to try to be as similar as possible to brushed motors basic design. Is one better then the other, I'm sure for some applications each has their advantage. I've spoken to customers that Own both and run both on a regular basis, meaning weekly, and almost all of them report the Novak systems are smoother. Yes, the newer sensorless are better then they were a few years back, but the Novak Systems ALWAYS work, and are ALWAYS smooth and linear no matter what for the most part. Personally, I've used very few sensorless systems, and none worked as well as ours does. But I can't say it was a fair comparison at all, the motors were not similar, and they were older ESCs.

Thanks
Charlie
Old 06-13-2005, 08:15 PM   #97
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Charlie - Mad props to you guys! You put on a great show at the Reedy with your new systems. Jared was in the office today and was very clear about how ridiculously fast his motor was. I can't wait until I can bolt a motor in and pretty much forget about it !
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:35 PM   #98
Tech Regular

hehehe

Last edited by Pro Models; 06-13-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:40 PM   #99
Tech Adept

A-MEN to that ,it was ballistic all weekend just like the carpet nat's just quicker and i don't think people realize what a pleasure it is to get back to youre pits and work on youre car and not worry about the motor.

as far as size it's not as big as alot of you guy's think i managed to keep everything flat in a 415 which isn't easy but it all fit's....
awesome stuff and it's only going to get better..
FERNANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #100
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Hey Guys, Again, we ran Hotter Motor then the 5.5 and 6.5 at the Reedy Race, so we NEEDED the fans for Touring car. Charlie

Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #101
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

*blinks*
Old 06-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #102
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

Does the GTB brushless system have reverse or is it forward only? I didn't see any indication of it being forward only on the web site.
alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:01 AM   #103
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha
Does the GTB brushless system have reverse or is it forward only? I didn't see any indication of it being forward only on the web site.

brushless technology is all about looking FORWARDs not backREVERSEwards
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:38 AM   #104
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Im not liking the 6 cell limit on the GTB, at least 7 cells just like every other ESC on the market would be good but i guess rules are rules and Novak has to follow them..thats if there is a rule for a 6 cell limit ESC.

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:51 AM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default It won't do 7 cells?

But, I guess all I do is race.

Last edited by RCknight; 06-18-2005 at 02:28 PM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote