R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #991
Tech Apprentice

Hey Brent,

I plan to. I've been off all week. Looks like we might get a break on the rain. If not I may go to Huntsville Sunday.

Later
tmurf03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #992
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurf03
Hey Brent,

I plan to. I've been off all week. Looks like we might get a break on the rain. If not I may go to Huntsville Sunday.

Later

Tom,

If we do not get to run Saturday.I was planning on going to H'ville Sunday.

cya
Old 05-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #993
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default 5800 system crash?

I'm having trouble with my 5800 brushless system. Everytime I pull the trigger, the motor won't spin and the blue and green leds come on . What does it mean? Am I having esc problems? The only time the motor will spin is when I reverse and pull the trigger right away. I tried reprogramming the system but it still locks up.

I read on the past few pages here that it is most likely the speed controller. Is there an easy fix for this or do I have to have my system serviced by Novak?

The troubled noob,
Mark
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:47 AM   #994
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Mark, I'd give Novak customer service a call and see if you can speak with Charlie. Sounds like maybe your ESC is bad. A number of people have experienced problems with new units, probably more than usual. It's an incredible ESC when you get one that's working right, so don't be discouraged if something is broke.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #995
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttso
I do agree that even with 4.5R, there is still difficulty to against 6T motor. Against 8T seems no problem in my experience. However, I don't think that's the problem why we didn't see many pro racer doing brushless, the main reason is most likly one single word:

SPONSORSHIP

Afterall, it's all business....

and on that note I just got back from the UK National meeting today, where Craig Drescher TQ'd with a Novak 4.5.....
crangon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #996
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I guess that means Drescher will be running Novak BL at this year's Reedy Race. Don't forget he is the defending champ!

I wonder what Masami will run? Seems like so many of the Reedy drivers have switched to BL...
Old 05-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #997
Tech Apprentice

he also said he'd been testin the 3.5, which was even quicker. I suppose it depends on the track layout to see which motor he uses
crangon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #998
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The demise of brushed motors in modified is upon us. It'll be interesting to see how things look this time next year. When Novak gets their "stock" brushless released, it could really change things. Not because it's a better motor, but because clubs are going to have to start turning away racers if they don't allow BL, which most can't afford to do. The RTR XXX-T with the 4300 is the first step.

Good riddance.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:25 PM   #999
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So what's the deal with the 3.5? That will be equivalent to a >>FILL IN THE BLANK<< turn?

And i suppose they're working on a faster one than that too?!! LoL...
Actually, does anyone have video of the 3.5 in action?

I think the 4.5 is about as fast as any brushed motor that i've seen. But here in Australia, we don't have huge access to any particularly large tracks. Most of the local tracks anyway, a 5.5 is just about enough. Perhaps i just don't like travelling too far to get to another track.
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #1000
Tech Adept

i'ts fun pulling cars w/ 8turns 15ft on the straight! cant wait to see what a 3.5 w/ lipo or new HV ib's will do................
brushes are for hair, not electric motors
lonepalm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:14 AM   #1001
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
I guess that means Drescher will be running Novak BL at this year's Reedy Race. Don't forget he is the defending champ!

I wonder what Masami will run? Seems like so many of the Reedy drivers have switched to BL...
Unfortunatly, Masami will not be at the Reedy this year.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #1002
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just curious but has anyone on here used their GTB Brushless System with an Orion-Kokam Platinum Li-Po battery pack!?! If so could you share some comments, observations, tips, recommendations, etc.? Just wondering if both are perfectly compatible....

Thanks!
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #1003
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/new...iew=0000000202
drescher proves the novak system at yesterdays national....
Old 05-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #1004
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JustxOnce Send a message via Yahoo to JustxOnce

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH
Just curious but has anyone on here used their GTB Brushless System with an Orion-Kokam Platinum Li-Po battery pack!?! If so could you share some comments, observations, tips, recommendations, etc.? Just wondering if both are perfectly compatible....

Thanks!

I just Did it yesterday.....and All I can say is WOW. 4.5 system with that pack is very fast. Now I just need to work out the proper gearing for the car.
JustxOnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #1005
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me what the weight difference between the 4.5 and 5/6.5 motors is? Novak sells the endbells from the 4.5 as aftermarket items based on their light weight.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote