New Novak Brusless System

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Novak Brusless System

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

if your car slowed down instead of complete halt, your temperature sensor is screwed. Send it back to Novak and you will get a remanufactured GTB set. I bought mine brand new and after a few runs, my car slowed down. Charlie confirmed that it's because of the defective temp sensor. So Novak changed my GTB set with remanufactured one (even the heat sink has big scratches)
Old 04-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
I don't know about a rev limit or anything.. but to answer your thermal shutdown question...

The GTB doesn't actually just die. It allows you to crawl around on part throttle(It restricts to like 1/4 throttle or less) to get you back into the pits. But the car still moves... once it cools down enough then it goes back to full power.

Have you checked the esc when this is happening? Which lights are flashing on the unit? they'll tell you whether it's a thermal situaiton or a rotor dectect situation...
Like Azmio said if your car doesn't stop completely when it thermals you need to send it back.
Drew.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No joke??...

Anything else i should know now that i've had the thing for...err... long enough that i forgot when i got it!!!!

Might have a crack at it again... try to thermal the unit and see if it does the same thing...

LMAO!!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

dude,

whatever it is, make sure you have your receipt handy. if it's still within the 120 days, you should be able to get it replaced. Dont go on using your GTB, send it back. I have tried everything i could, that damn thing still thermal shutdown even with 4 cell pan car.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Erhm... i suppose the reason WHY i've not ever been bothered by it, it that my unit never really thermals on me...

I temped the motor on the 38 degree day (100F)and it was reading at 76deg(169F) C. It was really freakin hot... other than that, i've not had any issues with it at all even on relatively hot days.. (around 33-34deg celcius - 93F). Even running back to back packs didn't seem to upset it.

To be honest i REALLY don't want to send it back. I'm sure it has been more than 120days and so far i've not had any issues with it. . .

Unless i'm not getting as much power as i should from it or something, then i think i'll leave it be. Don't fix what's not broken.. (Yes i do realise the terrible irony here... )

Should i be concerned that this temp probe thing also affects say the run-time/punch/speed etc??..

maybe time to mail Charlie..

**edit** had a look at last time the car thermalled (got it on Video..!!) - it does indeed STOP for a short while. But then it crawls back..... could this be because i';m just on what Novak recommends is the max temp? I suppose the motor would have been a bit hotter than that, but cooled sufficiently to regain operation?.. Dammit you guys had me scared... though it didn't really make sense to me..

so no-one can relate to the car crawling back?..

Sorry - my bad.. bad memory!..
Old 04-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks all --

Guess it's time to find the receipt. I have an email into Novak about it.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well I did a test last night with the 4.5 with the max rollout and the other chappy had a 5.5 with not quite the max rollout. I think I have wasted my money buying the 4.5 as his was slightly and I mean slightly faster in a straight line, when the cars came off the track my 4.5 you could just hang on to it as it was hot and his 5.5 was warm. I think at the end of the day Novak has taken us for a ride with their product once again.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Safer SX
Well I did a test last night with the 4.5 with the max rollout and the other chappy had a 5.5 with not quite the max rollout. I think I have wasted my money buying the 4.5 as his was slightly and I mean slightly faster in a straight line, when the cars came off the track my 4.5 you could just hang on to it as it was hot and his 5.5 was warm. I think at the end of the day Novak has taken us for a ride with their product once again.
Im very happy with the 4.5 ,if you dont want it Ill take it of your hands I can always use a second motor
Old 04-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i would double check your setup on the speedo.the 4.5 i ran was insane fast.it was just as if not faster than my checkpoint 7x1 ultralight.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Erhm... i suppose the reason WHY i've not ever been bothered by it, it that my unit never really thermals on me...

I temped the motor on the 38 degree day (100F)and it was reading at 76deg(169F) C. It was really freakin hot... other than that, i've not had any issues with it at all even on relatively hot days.. (around 33-34deg celcius - 93F). Even running back to back packs didn't seem to upset it.

To be honest i REALLY don't want to send it back. I'm sure it has been more than 120days and so far i've not had any issues with it. . .

Unless i'm not getting as much power as i should from it or something, then i think i'll leave it be. Don't fix what's not broken.. (Yes i do realise the terrible irony here... )

Should i be concerned that this temp probe thing also affects say the run-time/punch/speed etc??..

maybe time to mail Charlie..

**edit** had a look at last time the car thermalled (got it on Video..!!) - it does indeed STOP for a short while. But then it crawls back..... could this be because i';m just on what Novak recommends is the max temp? I suppose the motor would have been a bit hotter than that, but cooled sufficiently to regain operation?.. Dammit you guys had me scared... though it didn't really make sense to me..

so no-one can relate to the car crawling back?..

Sorry - my bad.. bad memory!..
I don't know if it will or won't be affecting speed or punch. When I sent mine back they told me it was a problem with one of the fets aswell as the temp sensor. The replacment they sent out was actually faster than my original one.
Drew.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:44 PM
The Evicerator

What was your rollout/gear ratio?

Old 04-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

where did you guys get your 4.5 gtb systems from? can't find any shops with them available yet?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can order direct from NOVAK online!!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racerfreedxxxs
where did you guys get your 4.5 gtb systems from? can't find any shops with them available yet?
Got mine by backordering through Great Planes...I think Great Planes gets them pretty often, but has so many backorders that they still show "out of stock".
Old 04-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.