Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Novak Brusless System

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You should never have a Novak motor cog with a Novak system since they are sensored. I tried the Novak 5800 motor with my U-Force 75 esc with is a sensorless esc and the cogging was ridculous. No cogging what so ever with my Plettenberg motor.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

I'm sure the cogging has something to do with the fact that the Novak motor was designed specifically to be used with sensored controllers.

I doubt Novak had any intention of using their sensored motors with other, sensorless ESC's. Therefore, I wouldn't be so disappointed that it did not perform flawlessly in your testing.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I just purchased a new 4300 Novak brushless motor...

and I noticed the center purple shim spins on the motor. Should it be like this as my 5800 motor and other 4300 I've looked at don't do this. Is it defective? I tried to tighten the screws down, but they are snug enough. I don't want motor chatter or noise. I want to know before I use it. Thanks
Old 05-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

I'm pretty sure it is normal for the purple spacer to rotate while the motor is assembled.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Okay so its $255 for both the GTB and motor?
Old 05-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

With twice the fet of a GTX controller, I would be more inclined to run a 6 turn motor without the fear of thermal issues. Can't wait to get mine
Old 05-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Let's keep this thread at the top.............anyone who has not yet switched to brushless should give it a try! This new system will be THE ticket for mod in most classes. An 8 turn with no maintainence!! It's a great time to be in this hobby!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

I just saw these motors at the Reedy Race yesterday. I can say that on the straight these motors are extremely fast. They are capable of keeping up with any brushed modified motor (well at least the ones that were run yesterday). I am sure that anybody interested in running modified with this new Novak motor will be pleased at the results.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Great to see Novak has finally got their high end ESC and Brushless Motor ready. It's been a year at least since this was rumored so nice to see that it's just about ready for production. I own a bunch of SS5800 for all my Off-Road kits and can't wait to get my hands on an LRP Sphere/Reedy NEO-ONE combo as well as this new Novak GTB System! I'll stick them into my 4WD kits and just let 'er rip! Can't wait to compare the two Systems!

Brushless Systems are no doubt the Future of this hobby.... and the future is Now!!!

Old 06-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone give us any more information about the GTB?

Will it come with the brushless "sportsman" (rpm, torque limited) mode, or something similar?

What will the "multiple brushless programmable throttle profiles" be like?

Why would anyone get the Velociti 6.5 when they can get the 5.5 for the same price?

Anyone have a link to the product manual?

I've got a Sphere on order now... someone gimme some info and convince me the GTB is better!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

The price tower is listing now is $175 for the controler, exactly the same price as they list for the LRP Sphere which hasn't shown up yet... The Novak systems are listed as $240 (that's with motor) Tower doesn't list a price for a whole LRP system, but they do list a price of $89 for the Reedy Neo One.

The controler has specs (resistance) that are comperable to that of the GFX... That is the GTB is said to have .00040 ohms per phase... the GTX is .00034 total... The GTB is actualy lower resistance then the GTX is when used as a brushed ESC... .00013 ohms.

The size is between a Novak SS, and the GTX...

LRP's Sphere is not even close to the specs of the GTB... if the $175 price is correct on the GTB, then LRP isn't going to sell many Sphere at that price.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Nilsen
Can anyone give us any more information about the GTB?

Why would anyone get the Velociti 6.5 when they can get the 5.5 for the same price?
For the same reason someone buys a 12turn instead of a 8turn for the same price. It just suits there needs better. Maybe the 6.5 is better suited for off-road because the 5.5 has too much rip for low traction situations. Or someone is running on a small track where a faster motor would be overkill. That's my guess at least. Hope my explaination makes sense!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DynoMoHum
The price tower is listing now is $175 for the controler, exactly the same price as they list for the LRP Sphere which hasn't shown up yet... The Novak systems are listed as $240 (that's with motor) Tower doesn't list a price for a whole LRP system, but they do list a price of $89 for the Reedy Neo One.

The controler has specs (resistance) that are comperable to that of the GFX... That is the GTB is said to have .00040 ohms per phase... the GTX is .00034 total... The GTB is actualy lower resistance then the GTX is when used as a brushed ESC... .00013 ohms.

The size is between a Novak SS, and the GTX...

LRP's Sphere is not even close to the specs of the GTB... if the $175 price is correct on the GTB, then LRP isn't going to sell many Sphere at that price.

Guess they have changed the prices since I last looked last week, was $360 for the Novak ESC and motor combo vs LRP ESC 175, Motor 90 ish.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default double post

deleted
Old 06-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default This will put brushless on the map.....

already lots of buzz at my track. It's going to be great and it should be small enough to get the 1/12 scale guys in the game. I can't wait.... I hope they make different lengths of wire harnesses so 1/12 scale weight can be kept to as low as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.