Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Novak Brusless System >

New Novak Brusless System

New Novak Brusless System

Old 09-10-2007, 02:12 PM
  #2596  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ROV View Post
Cheers BlackedOutREVO
I have never experianced cogging with any gear,,,,,,so what am i looking for and is it bad for my gear.
Yes, if you sit there and let the motor cogg, you will burn up the speedo, I mean dont just sit there going no where because its cogging.....

Cogging, is when the car sutter's/jerks up on start, sometimes it can be a bad jerk, other times little

Cogging will only happen upon start, once its going it wont

Dont be scared if it cogg's, just dont sit there with the trigger punched wondering what its doing

But with the mm speedo you can tune it to have no cogging in a TC
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
  #2597  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 573
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but if I run a stock motor at around 7.8 ish where would you start on gearing for the Novak 13.5?

Thanks
tim fry is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 05:35 PM
  #2598  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Blisster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 178
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I'd start at about a 5 and take it from there.
Blisster is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 05:35 PM
  #2599  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but if I run a stock motor at around 7.8 ish where would you start on gearing for the Novak 13.5?

Thanks
I ran my brushed stock at around 6.0...

My 13.5 got geared at 5.2

dont know if that helps


The range is 4.5-5.5

Is the high/lowest I have heard
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 09-23-2007, 04:56 AM
  #2600  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
magm20001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

does the novak motors now come with removable sensor wires like the LRP??

coz i see novak make replaceable wires...
Attached Thumbnails New Novak Brusless System-nvk5356.jpg  
magm20001 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 AM
  #2601  
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,919
Default

Could anyone tell me if GTB fit on Speed passion motors, please?
mac853 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 11:15 AM
  #2602  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by magm20001 View Post
does the novak motors now come with removable sensor wires like the LRP??

coz i see novak make replaceable wires...
Nope, there just for the LRP/orion sorta motors

Dont know why anyone would ever use there wire though lol, guess they think the froot loop is cool
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 11:26 AM
  #2603  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (29)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,461
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Nope, there just for the LRP/orion sorta motors

Dont know why anyone would ever use there wire though lol, guess they think the froot loop is cool
can't wait to run in the same class as you to show you how THE ORANGE is suppose to work.
STLNLST is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 12:51 PM
  #2604  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
can't wait to run in the same class as you to show you how THE ORANGE is suppose to work.
As I already said bro

You CAN and WILL outdrive me, but what will the orange do different then my black?
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:34 PM
  #2605  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (29)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,461
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
As I already said bro

You CAN and WILL outdrive me, but what will the orange do different then my black?
you just have nothing but negetive things to say so I just want you to see it works fast and flawlessly during a race.
STLNLST is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:55 PM
  #2606  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
you just have nothing but negetive things to say so I just want you to see it works fast and flawlessly during a race.
I know it does..... I liked my 13.5 when it worked..... Just there can be some improvements to it.......Plus I race Vill alot, and he uses the novak, and same as Victor.... I have already seen it
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:57 PM
  #2607  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (29)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,461
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I know it does..... I liked my 13.5 when it worked..... Just there can be some improvements to it.......Plus I race Vill alot, and he uses the novak, and same as Victor.... I have already seen it
Everything out can use some improvements
STLNLST is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 02:07 PM
  #2608  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Everything out can use some improvements
Very true
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 10:45 PM
  #2609  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
-KilleR-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 521
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Could anyone tell me if GTB fit on Speed passion motors, please?
Yes. Using it at the moment with SP 9.5T. Have some of friends using it too.
-KilleR- is offline  
Old 10-05-2007, 02:32 PM
  #2610  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (32)
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,852
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I dont know if this has been asked or not but what are the New Novak "Light" motors? Tower has them listed as comming soon.....is there any more information on them? Whats new and what makes them "Light"...are they going to have holes in them like the Orion/speed passion motors?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNTGD7&P=G
Kevin K is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.