R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-15-2007, 11:02 PM   #2506
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Motor is done guys

Its beyond F-ed up...... I will send it in, but I will be buying another one.. I dont think Novak will cover this under warrenty, but if I do get another one, I will take the new one back and keep the new one that im buying tomarow.. I would wait, but I waited 3 and a half months to go BL and want it for friday (17th) so I can B-day race it....

Id say whats all wrong, But theres so much it isnt funny
I can understand the frustration, thoe heat sinks are VERY hard to get on right. In fact, when I bought one for mine, I got very worried I'd seriously damage mine too, but fortunately Charlie was there at the track(this was at the Novak race, so he & Bob were both there), & he helped me get mine installed(in fact, I think it took both of us pressing on it from all around to get it on). However, the upside to that is the heat sink works EXTREMELY well(it was absoluely vital when I had to use a bonded rotor here, we'd gotten our track to allow the 13.5 but only using the bonded rotor, & that one makes it run a LOT hotter than the sintered). But if you're using thesintered rotor, you may not really need the heat sink, so once you get the motor sorted out, I'd consider not bothering with the heat sink(because once it's on, you really don't wanna mess with trying to get it off again, I consider mine a permanent part of my motor now)....One thing though, when Charlie helped me with mine, he used the original purple ring as a guide to both get leverage on the heat sink & also to make it easier to apply even pressure on it, maybe that'll help you a bit....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:09 PM   #2507
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Motor is done guys

Its beyond F-ed up...... I will send it in, but I will be buying another one.. I dont think Novak will cover this under warrenty, but if I do get another one, I will take the new one back and keep the new one that im buying tomarow.. I would wait, but I waited 3 and a half months to go BL and want it for friday (17th) so I can B-day race it....

Id say whats all wrong, But theres so much it isnt funny
Novak is sending a team rep out to the track for you on Friday. I get off work at 5:30 and will be at the track by 5:45. Bring the motor with you and I'll take a look at what problems you have run into. If you did any wierd cutting grinding or something of that nature to the motor then it may not fall under warranty.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 PM   #2508
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
I can understand the frustration, thoe heat sinks are VERY hard to get on right. In fact, when I bought one for mine, I got very worried I'd seriously damage mine too, but fortunately Charlie was there at the track(this was at the Novak race, so he & Bob were both there), & he helped me get mine installed(in fact, I think it took both of us pressing on it from all around to get it on). However, the upside to that is the heat sink works EXTREMELY well(it was absoluely vital when I had to use a bonded rotor here, we'd gotten our track to allow the 13.5 but only using the bonded rotor, & that one makes it run a LOT hotter than the sintered). But if you're using thesintered rotor, you may not really need the heat sink, so once you get the motor sorted out, I'd consider not bothering with the heat sink(because once it's on, you really don't wanna mess with trying to get it off again, I consider mine a permanent part of my motor now)....One thing though, when Charlie helped me with mine, he used the original purple ring as a guide to both get leverage on the heat sink & also to make it easier to apply even pressure on it, maybe that'll help you a bit....
WOW, that tough huh? Thats crazy, I was like WOW this is just crazy tight... I was putting all of me into it and it wouldnt move the rest one... But good news!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Novak is sending a team rep out to the track for you on Friday. I get off work at 5:30 and will be at the track by 5:45. Bring the motor with you and I'll take a look at what problems you have run into. If you did any wierd cutting grinding or something of that nature to the motor then it may not fall under warranty.

Clint, No need man! I got it to work, With some screwing with and all, I made it work The screw holes that hold the motor toagther are more on the stripped side, So i will kee a CLOSE eye on that, My dad said if this one ends up breaking I will get a new one.... But MUCHO thanks for the offer man! No wierd noises, just smooth power baby
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:46 PM   #2509
Tech Champion

Quote:
WOW, that tough huh? Thats crazy, I was like WOW this is just crazy tight... I was putting all of me into it and it wouldnt move the rest one... But good news!!!!!!!!

Clint, No need man! I got it to work, With some screwing with and all, I made it work The screw holes that hold the motor toagther are more on the stripped side, So i will kee a CLOSE eye on that, My dad said if this one ends up breaking I will get a new one.... But MUCHO thanks for the offer man! No wierd noises, just smooth power baby
Just doing my part bro. I'm glad everything worked out for you. I'll still swing by hthe track on Friday to see how things are.

Last edited by STLNLST; 08-15-2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: cause I ain't perfect.................SAY DAT!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #2510
Tech Elite

Quote:
Just doing my part bro. I'm glad everything worked out for you. I'll still swing by hthe track on Friday to see how things are.
Thanks!

Me too, I was worried I was going to have to use that "other" kind of motor again LOL

Are you racing your TC5? You will have to talk to me, I never really met you..
Old 08-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #2511
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thanks!

Me too, I was worried I was going to have to use that "other" kind of motor again LOL

Are you racing your TC5? You will have to talk to me, I never really met you..
I'm not racing on Friday. Just swinging by to lend you a hand. I have a very busy weekend planned. Racing at Norcal on Saturday and then the Rocks WCSO on Sunday. My TC5 will be very busy.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #2512
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm not racing on Friday. Just swinging by to lend you a hand. I have a very busy weekend planned. Racing at Norcal on Saturday and then the Rocks WCSO on Sunday. My TC5 will be very busy.
Ahhh ok.. See yah tomarow!

And good luck at the races!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #2513
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default GTB/BL ????

Alright...I have been trying to turn on the lipo cutoff on my GTB, but the instructions aren't real clear...I got the red and yellow lights to blink twice, however upon powering up th car there is no indication that the cutoff is engaged....

One more question...what should the lights be to indicate brushless mode? Blue , Amber and Red???
rcarmchl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #2514
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

With brushless motors, do they behave in the same way whether over/under geared? Also what's a good starting FDR with the 10.5 on a tight high-grip asphalt track (Seattle Indoor Raceway)?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:27 PM   #2515
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarmchl View Post
Alright...I have been trying to turn on the lipo cutoff on my GTB, but the instructions aren't real clear...I got the red and yellow lights to blink twice, however upon powering up the car there is no indication that the cutoff is engaged....

One more question...what should the lights be to indicate brushless mode? Blue , Amber and Red???
yeah, I know I am quoting myself here but I figured out the second answer but can anyone help me with the lipo cutoff??
rcarmchl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 PM   #2516
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
With brushless motors, do they behave in the same way whether over/under geared? Also what's a good starting FDR with the 10.5 on a tight high-grip asphalt track (Seattle Indoor Raceway)?
Well I know sensorless BL motors are more forgiving with over/under gearing, Not 100% shure with sensored BL motors

You didnt say what BL motor, but if your going to use a novak, there gearing point's is on there site
Old 08-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #2517
Tech Champion

Quote:
Well I know sensorless BL motors are more forgiving with over/under gearing, Not 100% shure with sensored BL motors

You didnt say what BL motor, but if your going to use a novak, there gearing point's is on there site
I'm running the Novak 10.5, as far as the gearing point I'll check that out

Old 08-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #2518
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm running the Novak 10.5, as far as the gearing point I'll check that out
I just looked, and I cant find it... Sorry, or I would post the link

Im shure someone else will... I know the motor its self comes with a gearing chart
Old 08-18-2007, 10:28 PM   #2519
Tech Champion

Quote:
I just looked, and I cant find it... Sorry, or I would post the link

Im shure someone else will... I know the motor its self comes with a gearing chart
The link is in the first post on this page

Old 08-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #2520
Tech Elite

Quote:
The link is in the first post on this page
LOL

Sorry, I never saw that