R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2007, 02:55 AM   #2356
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 154
Default

Which is the fastest MOTOR???

1. Novak Velociti 3.5

2. LRP Vector X-11 3.5

3. Teamorion Vortex 3.5

4. Mamba Max 7700

I'll drive on 1/8th on-road circuit.

Anyone try these? Thanks.
xtaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:40 AM   #2357
Tech Addict
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rampal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtaiji View Post
Which is the fastest MOTOR???

1. Novak Velociti 3.5

2. LRP Vector X-11 3.5

3. Teamorion Vortex 3.5

4. Mamba Max 7700

I'll drive on 1/8th on-road circuit.

Anyone try these? Thanks.
the Novak 3.5 is faster than a 1/10 nitro car on the field, however on a long straight (70m in my case), when they reach "warp speed" (2nd gear full throttle) at the end they can catch you... but you will indeed be faster than them on corner speed and acceleration...

I haven't tried the others yet...
__________________
The Blue Armada: Tamiya TRF415MSXX, Tamiya TA05MS, Tamiya/Xenon TA05
Novak Brushless, Orion/Peak LiPo batteries, 5-cell
Sanwa M11 DSSS, KO Propo Servos
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:58 AM   #2358
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampal View Post
the Novak 3.5 is faster than a 1/10 nitro car on the field, however on a long straight (70m in my case), when they reach "warp speed" (2nd gear full throttle) at the end they can catch you... but you will indeed be faster than them on corner speed and acceleration...

I haven't tried the others yet...
Wow, rampal, Thanks.
xtaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #2359
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: England (UK)
Posts: 151
Default

Can any one tell me if Tower Hobbies are selling the latest
GTB/SS10.5 Pro Brushless System (#3010)
the one with the Lipo cut-off. Ive tried Emailing them but waiting for a reply and want to order ASAP.
Steve B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #2360
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,988
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
Can any one tell me if Tower Hobbies are selling the latest
GTB/SS10.5 Pro Brushless System (#3010)
the one with the Lipo cut-off. Ive tried Emailing them but waiting for a reply and want to order ASAP.
does it state that it's a spread spektrum??? If so then that's the latest and greatest out of the Novak camp.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #2361
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
Can any one tell me if Tower Hobbies are selling the latest
GTB/SS10.5 Pro Brushless System (#3010)
the one with the Lipo cut-off. Ive tried Emailing them but waiting for a reply and want to order ASAP.
check with Steve at speedtechrc. if you call the shop, he'll answer the phone.

www.speedtechrc.com
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:41 AM   #2362
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: America
Posts: 79
Default

It has to say spread spektrum on it. Part #1711 for the normal one and #1715 for 4 cell. they just had the 4 cell one on rvtvlive.com It came recomennded.
outrunner25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:06 AM   #2363
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Novak GTB Profiles

Guys,

A question on profile adjustment.

Increasing the minimum drive is supposed to make the motor more 'punchy' at first pull of the throttle ..... but will it also increase the top end speed ?

If not, is there a profile adjustment that will increase top end speed ?

Would appreciate your comments.

Cheers
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:27 AM   #2364
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,988
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmo View Post
Guys,

A question on profile adjustment.

Increasing the minimum drive is supposed to make the motor more 'punchy' at first pull of the throttle ..... but will it also increase the top end speed ?

If not, is there a profile adjustment that will increase top end speed ?

Would appreciate your comments.

Cheers
Steve or Charlie may chime in on this and correct me if I'm wrong but for more top end speed you can gear up a bit and to try to get that punch back at first throtle pull you can increase the min drive. What motor are you looking to get more top end out of?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 AM   #2365
Tech Master
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Easy question, no time to dig.

I can shorten the leads on the cap can't I? I'm looking for a tight 12th scale install. GTB is darn big, plus the cap.
__________________
-Tamiya TA05-R - Tamiya M05 - Summit Raceway Ft. Wayne, IN

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #2366
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

is there supposed to be fore-aft play in the rotor? i replaced my rotor with a sintered one but the old rotor didn't seem to have any shims with it. now, after placing the sintered rotor, i can feel quite a bit of play when i pull on it.

found a round paper washer that looks similar to the paper rings at the top part but i can't seem to find a place for it in the motor.
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #2367
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Steve or Charlie may chime in on this and correct me if I'm wrong but for more top end speed you can gear up a bit and to try to get that punch back at first throtle pull you can increase the min drive. What motor are you looking to get more top end out of?
I'm using new Novak 13.5 with sintered rotor.
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #2368
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,177
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmo View Post
I'm using new Novak 13.5 with sintered rotor.
try gearing the car around 4.9fdr (touring car)the stock profile should be just fine
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #2369
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
try gearing the car around 4.9fdr (touring car)the stock profile should be just fine
thanks
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #2370
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,177
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmo View Post
thanks
if i recall i had my cyclone geared around a 4.4fdr
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novak GTB 4-cell Brusless Speed Controller Greg Amendola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 04-16-2008 12:59 PM
WTB: ASSOCIATED B44 W/ BRUSLESS SYSTEM levi m R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 02-15-2008 05:27 PM
brusless esc , maybe system jslider R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 11-18-2007 05:30 PM
Novak XBR Brusless/Brushed ESC Delyt R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 11-15-2007 09:44 AM
Novak 4.5 Brusless System Speedo/4.5 Motor w/Sintered installed mike ivy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-25-2006 06:57 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net