R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #2251
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAG_ON
Need help, is it possible to replace the fan on GTB with the fan that comes with computer at the top of chipset heat sinks........?? i've been trying to buy the novak one but it's out of stock and i do really need one.
They are in stock at Horizon and Tower (I go thru my LHS but they also can order thru Horizon).

See posts 4043-4035 on page 30 of this thread for other options for Novak (black fans) and also aftermarket.
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #2252
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAG_ON
Need help, is it possible to replace the fan on GTB with the fan that comes with computer at the top of chipset heat sinks........?? i've been trying to buy the novak one but it's out of stock and i do really need one.
much more 30mm fan fits as well and i think it also blows more air... need to find a way to tuck away the excess wire though
Old 05-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #2253
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Hi,
I bought the older 13.5ss from my local hobby shop the other day and just found out its the older version, I can't return it because I already installed it.

What should i do? What is the difference between the updated one?
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #2254
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
Hi,
I bought the older 13.5ss from my local hobby shop the other day and just found out its the older version, I can't return it because I already installed it.

What should i do? What is the difference between the updated one?
Novak currently offers the 13.5T brushless motors in two versions:

13.5 SS Pro/sintered rotor

13.5 EX Sport/bonded rotor

The most significant difference is the rotor material. The exterior case design is also diffferent. The earlier version that you purchased has the bonded, neodymium rotor.

If you plan to race with this motor, I suggest that you check with your local track to see if they allow the sintered rotor. Novak has an exchange program for customers who have recently purchased items during a product change-over. You would need to contact customer service next week for the details.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #2255
Tech Elite

alright well thats kinda gay I gotta send this brand new motor back and then they exhange it for the ribbed can with the sintered rotor, I bet there gonna charge me $$ too. So lame.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #2256
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
alright well thats kinda gay I gotta send this brand new motor back and then they exhange it for the ribbed can with the sintered rotor, I bet there gonna charge me $$ too. So lame.
Do you expect Novak to just give you the latest motor for free
Its not their fault you bought the older version....... your LHS probably had that on the shelf for months.
It was well posted on RC Tech that the new version was out and how to tell the old from the new.
If you don't want to wait just buy a sintered rotor and put it in yourself the only other difference is the extra machining on the case
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #2257
Suspended

Don't listen to Ottoman...... Hey's just a lame ass gay fuck. The mother-fucker doesn't have a clue....
matt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #2258
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
I don't know how many companies like this you've dealt with, but I think you'll find that Novak is one of the best. They provide a lot of information on www.teamnovak.com about their products. They take time to post online. They have tech support numbers ... where real people help you. I have emailed them maybe 15 times in the last 6 months. The longest I ever waited for a response... maybe two days. The shortest... around 3 minutes.

PS I'm not sponsored by them, just letting you know ... I think they're one of the "good guys." Most people I've talked to locally agree.
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:04 AM   #2259
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt65
Don't listen to Ottoman...... Hey's just a lame ass gay fuck. The mother-fucker doesn't have a clue....
How many times have you been banned from RCTech Grif?
Old 05-27-2007, 12:15 AM   #2260
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's unfortunate your hobby shop sold you the old version. Can you return it? I agree that it sucks that you're in this position now, but you're obviously good enough at the Internet to come here and ask questions, so why not also do a little product research before making a purchase? It's hard to feel much empathy for someone that makes a bad buying decision because they didn't spend a few minutes looking at their options first. It also doesn't help that your hobby shop didn't tell you, because they too should be aware of product updates. They basically sold you a discontinued product at full price. How is that Novak's fault, exactly?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #2261
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
You bring out all the homophobes!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #2262
Tech Elite

Maybe he just likes my avatar.... might turn him on
Old 05-27-2007, 12:46 AM   #2263
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
..another one bites the dust.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #2264
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
It's unfortunate your hobby shop sold you the old version. Can you return it? I agree that it sucks that you're in this position now, but you're obviously good enough at the Internet to come here and ask questions, so why not also do a little product research before making a purchase? It's hard to feel much empathy for someone that makes a bad buying decision because they didn't spend a few minutes looking at their options first. It also doesn't help that your hobby shop didn't tell you, because they too should be aware of product updates. They basically sold you a discontinued product at full price. How is that Novak's fault, exactly?
its not novaks fault, I should have known. I mean I did ask over the phone if it was a sintered rotor and the guy said I was speaking a foreign langauge. I bought it anyways because I saw the part $ was 3414 so i assumed i was ok. I will talk to Novak on tuesday to see what they can do for me, I mean I dropped $90 on this motor and now I may havre to drop another $35 on the rotor.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #2265
Tech Rookie

Unhappy

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Novak GTB 3.5R system from speedtechrc.com and ran it today for the first time. I seemed to have encountered problems with the set-up of the speed controller, as it was reaching full power at about 20% throttle on the transmitter. I am using a Sanwa Gemini 2 (40mhz) radio system, and set the transmitter up as per the instruction manual (High EPA set to maximum, which in this case was 140%, and the Low EPA also set to maximum 160%). Whether it makes any difference, the throttle channel is also set to reverse on the transmitter so that the car goes forwards! If anyone could advise me of how to correct this problem it would be much appreciated as clearly something is not functioning properly?

Many thanks
rosey is offline   Reply With Quote