Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Novak Brusless System >

New Novak Brusless System

New Novak Brusless System

Old 01-22-2007, 10:50 AM
  #1876  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (213)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,091
Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jinkasama
when your motor gets hot does your car just stop?
when it thermals, yes it will stop to protect it
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 11:07 AM
  #1877  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Aluma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edinburg TX
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hey 2wd offroad racers,

I have a 6.5R system on my FT T4 and have lots of trouble with traction. The truck tends to spin out (even in the straight away) when I give it full throttle. Would changing the profile fix this?
Aluma is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 11:26 AM
  #1878  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (213)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,091
Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Aluma
hey 2wd offroad racers,

I have a 6.5R system on my FT T4 and have lots of trouble with traction. The truck tends to spin out (even in the straight away) when I give it full throttle. Would changing the profile fix this?
you can go up on the min drive% or go to your radio and add -expo to smooth out the throttle response, if that doesnt help try checking your T4 set up
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 01-25-2007, 12:05 PM
  #1879  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 274
Default

how do you guys open the motor? through the 3 screws on the back?
jinkasama is offline  
Old 01-25-2007, 12:12 PM
  #1880  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (213)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,091
Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jinkasama
how do you guys open the motor? through the 3 screws on the back?
3 screws in the front by the pinion side
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 01-25-2007, 04:53 PM
  #1881  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,949
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know if Novak plans on releasing the 4300 WITH the sintered rotor upgrade kit since so many clubs are allowing this in 19turn now?
Jack Smash is offline  
Old 01-25-2007, 05:09 PM
  #1882  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (213)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,091
Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Anybody know if Novak plans on releasing the 4300 WITH the sintered rotor upgrade kit since so many clubs are allowing this in 19turn now?
i know they are releasing the sintered rotor upgrade kit with the front bearing

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...=NOV5923/135.0
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 01-25-2007, 10:19 PM
  #1883  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 274
Default

what is the used of those screws on the back of the motor?
jinkasama is offline  
Old 01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
  #1884  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (49)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 740
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Somewhat of a silly question. Where can you get the plastic tubes used to protect the sensor wires? Got three motors but only one tube.
Yellowtaro is offline  
Old 01-26-2007, 09:26 AM
  #1885  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jinkasama
what is the used of those screws on the back of the motor?
allow you to replace the "other" bearing....
rampal is offline  
Old 01-26-2007, 10:55 AM
  #1886  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,949
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i know they are releasing the sintered rotor upgrade kit with the front bearing

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...=NOV5923/135.0
I was hoping they would release a complete motor so I don't have to buy a $120 motor to run 19turn with.
Jack Smash is offline  
Old 01-27-2007, 12:56 AM
  #1887  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
AngryAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Somewhat of a silly question. Where can you get the plastic tubes used to protect the sensor wires? Got three motors but only one tube.
You can get the spiral wrap at most electronic stores. The places where they sell capacitors, wires, leds etc. etc.
I've only seen black around these parts but I'm sure they'd come in various colours.

Might be worth-while checking computer parts places too.. they do spiral wrap for keeping small dia wires from flapping around your case.

(Sorry - can't give examples. Live in Australia..!!)
AngryAsian is offline  
Old 01-27-2007, 12:38 PM
  #1888  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (49)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 740
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
You can get the spiral wrap at most electronic stores. The places where they sell capacitors, wires, leds etc. etc.
I've only seen black around these parts but I'm sure they'd come in various colours.

Might be worth-while checking computer parts places too.. they do spiral wrap for keeping small dia wires from flapping around your case.

(Sorry - can't give examples. Live in Australia..!!)

Thank you
Yellowtaro is offline  
Old 01-30-2007, 06:33 AM
  #1889  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I was hoping they would release a complete motor so I don't have to buy a $120 motor to run 19turn with.
Looks like Novak answered your wish. Here are all the new numbers. It looks like the SS4300 has been replaced by the 10.5. All motors now feature the ribbed endbell and larger front bearing. They also have an ESC optimized for DSM systems.

#3408 SS8.5 Pro Brushless Motor

#3410 SS10.5 Pro Brushless Motor

#3413 SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless Motor

#3008 GTB/SS8.5 Pro Brushless System

#3010 GTB/SS10.5 Pro Brushless System

#3013 GTB/SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless System

#3040 GTB 4-Cell/SS10.5 Pro Brushless System

#3043 GTB 4-Cell/SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless System

#1711 GTB Spread Spectrum Brushless/Brush ESC

#1715 GTB 4-Cell Spread Spectrum Brushless/Brush ESC
Tony Vega is offline  
Old 01-30-2007, 06:50 PM
  #1890  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
AngryAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

How do you optimise a BL esc for DSM?...??

Anyone care to explain?
AngryAsian is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.