R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2006, 07:28 AM   #1741
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado
Hey guys.....how to fit the motor heat sink ?.....mine don't fit....
yiu might have to heat it up some to let it expand
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:32 AM   #1742
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,502
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, if Novak's going to put out a smaller brushless ESC, it may just bring me back to the Novak table. Though a small esc with a Massive Capacitor doesn't really help.
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #1743
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Yeah, if Novak's going to put out a smaller brushless ESC, it may just bring me back to the Novak table. Though a small esc with a Massive Capacitor doesn't really help.
Funny thing.... I'm loving the 13.5 in my 12th scale but I can do without the GTB.... It just doesn't fit well in my Gex-X, the chassis is way off balance, and I'm relying on the tweak screws to preload the one side a heck of a lot more and if I could find a smaller ESC to run the motor, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.... I guess I could put a hunk of lead, but I don't want to make the car any heavier than it already is....

I'd kill for a smaller ESC right now....
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #1744
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado
Hey guys.....how to fit the motor heat sink ?.....mine don't fit....
Don't force it...you are not the only one, call NOVAK now and they will let you know what to do....if you force it, it will never come out again.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #1745
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Funny thing.... I'm loving the 13.5 in my 12th scale but I can do without the GTB.... It just doesn't fit well in my Gex-X, the chassis is way off balance, and I'm relying on the tweak screws to preload the one side a heck of a lot more and if I could find a smaller ESC to run the motor, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.... I guess I could put a hunk of lead, but I don't want to make the car any heavier than it already is....

I'd kill for a smaller ESC right now....
check your pm i got a way to mount it on a 1/12th scale
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #1746
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
check your pm i got a way to mount it on a 1/12th scale
Thanks.....
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #1747
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

When I buy Velocity 7.5R, lets say in January 2007. Do I get the sintered rotor ? What about the ribbed casing on 7.5R ?
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #1748
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
When I buy Velocity 7.5R, lets say in January 2007. Do I get the sintered rotor ? What about the ribbed casing on 7.5R ?
sintered rotors are great i have one in all my motors!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:34 AM   #1749
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
sintered rotors are great i have one in all my motors!
Will later production of 7.5R comes with sintered rotor as standard or we have to buy it separately ?
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:36 AM   #1750
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
yiu might have to heat it up some to let it expand
Use a heat gun to heat it up and then slide it on. It *should* slide on with out much if any resistance so I expect after it is hot. Just be sure you get it situated and aranged on the windings how you want it before it cools as you may not be able to turn it after it has contracted. IF you can't get that to work, like mentioned above DONT FORCE IT!!! Call novaks cs and they will give you some better info on how to get it to work. If you want to go back a few posts/pages you will read what happends when you force it (personal experience)
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:24 PM   #1751
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Will later production of 7.5R comes with sintered rotor as standard or we have to buy it separately ?
not sure on that one but is a great upgrade to get the sintered rotor
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #1752
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
not sure on that one but is a great upgrade to get the sintered rotor
I thought I saw somewhere saying sintered rotor is standard on ONLY 3.5 motors.......the rest of the motors are option. It is not a recall/replacement item so it does not matter when or where you get your 7.5 motor.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #1753
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hmm, if they're releasing a 4 cell version, it's almost certainly going to be smaller. What reason would they have, otherwise? I wonder if it'll work with 6 cells using the slower motors, like the 13.5 or 4300. The mind boggles!

Looks like the 4300/5800 upgrade kit has been updated to include the sintered rotor. That eases the pain a little bit, and makes the process a little easier. Hopefully we'll see an improved 10.5 motor in the future.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPYT1&P=7
Saw that from RCzone...probably on Novak site too...

"NEW LIGHTER GTB SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR 4-CELL APPLICATIONS

Novak is pleased to introduce the #1714 GTB 4-Cell Programmable Racing Brushless/Brush ESC. The new #1714 GTB is 25% lighter and has a 30% smaller height profile than the original #1710 GTB, yet retains all the great features and performance of the original GTB, but is geared for 4-cell applications. Also new is the #5485 Novak 4-Cell Transponder Voltage Booster, which can be used with any 4-cell application to boost voltage to the transponder for consistent lap counting

Description: The GTB 4-Cell Programmable Racing Brushless/Brush ESC offers all the same high-tech features and performance as the original #1710 GTB, but is geared specifically for 4-cell applications such as 1/12-scale on-road and 1/12 or 1/10-scale pan car oval. Includes 6 throttle profiles specifically designed for 4-cell racing. Features a 25% lighter and 30% smaller height profile than the original #1710 GTB. Compatible with any Novak 540-size brushless motor and any brushed motor. Additional features include a user-friendly programming interface, gold-plated PCB Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs, Re-solderable user-replaceable input and switch harnesses, a water-resistant case, and Thermal Overload Protection. Designed and manufactured by Novak in the USA.

Part Number: #1714
List Price: $325.00
Available: January 2007.........."

GTB for 12th scale.............
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #1754
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara
Saw that from RCzone...probably on Novak site too...

"NEW LIGHTER GTB SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR 4-CELL APPLICATIONS

Novak is pleased to introduce the #1714 GTB 4-Cell Programmable Racing Brushless/Brush ESC. The new #1714 GTB is 25% lighter and has a 30% smaller height profile than the original #1710 GTB, yet retains all the great features and performance of the original GTB, but is geared for 4-cell applications. Also new is the #5485 Novak 4-Cell Transponder Voltage Booster, which can be used with any 4-cell application to boost voltage to the transponder for consistent lap counting

Description: The GTB 4-Cell Programmable Racing Brushless/Brush ESC offers all the same high-tech features and performance as the original #1710 GTB, but is geared specifically for 4-cell applications such as 1/12-scale on-road and 1/12 or 1/10-scale pan car oval. Includes 6 throttle profiles specifically designed for 4-cell racing. Features a 25% lighter and 30% smaller height profile than the original #1710 GTB. Compatible with any Novak 540-size brushless motor and any brushed motor. Additional features include a user-friendly programming interface, gold-plated PCB Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs, Re-solderable user-replaceable input and switch harnesses, a water-resistant case, and Thermal Overload Protection. Designed and manufactured by Novak in the USA.

Part Number: #1714
List Price: $325.00
Available: January 2007.........."

GTB for 12th scale.............
im buying one i need more room in my 1/12th scale
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #1755
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,502
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Nooooo....why January. Everything is January...I think January is the new "Two Weeks".

Tekin Brushless - January
LRP Sphere Comp - January
Novak 4 cell BL - January
Losi Type R - January

It's an RC conspiracy!
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novak GTB 4-cell Brusless Speed Controller Greg Amendola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 04-16-2008 12:59 PM
WTB: ASSOCIATED B44 W/ BRUSLESS SYSTEM levi m R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 02-15-2008 05:27 PM
brusless esc , maybe system jslider R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 11-18-2007 05:30 PM
Novak XBR Brusless/Brushed ESC Delyt R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 11-15-2007 09:44 AM
Novak 4.5 Brusless System Speedo/4.5 Motor w/Sintered installed mike ivy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-25-2006 06:57 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:28 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net