Old 11-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #1606
Tech Adept

o ic novaks got it covers. thanks
BlueR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #1607
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

I am very much done with brushes so it is all brushless to me since local tracks allows it...will leave the GTX/GT7 for brush just incase of those "races".

2 questions....

(1) stock brushless 13.5........does that come with the front big bearing /end bell replacement and the Sintered rotor like those who were talking about at the other novak stock brushless motor thread..? They were saying something like need to call/email Novak and get the upgrade/update...very confusing.

(2) Already got the 4.5 motor........and I saw tower has the 3.5R sintered rotor and said it is an upgraded rotor for the Velociti 4.5R or 5.5R......so, is that the only parts that need to convert from 4.5 to 3.5 or the actual 3.5R motor has more then just the rotor different then the 4.5..? I am just debating should I buy the whole 3.5 motor (sell the 4.5) or spend $30 to get the 4.5 upgrade to 3.5 and use the 4.5 rotor for spare...?

Thanks in advance...........can't wait to be full brushless.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #1608
Tech Regular

GTB installed in my MSX.
This thing is wicked fast and feels so smooth!!!
Attached Thumbnails
New Novak Brusless System-11-11-06_1341.jpg  
WRXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #1609
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara
I am very much done with brushes so it is all brushless to me since local tracks allows it...will leave the GTX/GT7 for brush just incase of those "races".

2 questions....

(1) stock brushless 13.5........does that come with the front big bearing /end bell replacement and the Sintered rotor like those who were talking about at the other novak stock brushless motor thread..? They were saying something like need to call/email Novak and get the upgrade/update...very confusing.

(2) Already got the 4.5 motor........and I saw tower has the 3.5R sintered rotor and said it is an upgraded rotor for the Velociti 4.5R or 5.5R......so, is that the only parts that need to convert from 4.5 to 3.5 or the actual 3.5R motor has more then just the rotor different then the 4.5..? I am just debating should I buy the whole 3.5 motor (sell the 4.5) or spend $30 to get the 4.5 upgrade to 3.5 and use the 4.5 rotor for spare...?

the 13.5 already comes with the bigger front bearing all you have to do is install the sintered rotor

as for the 4.5 its just an install of the 3.5 rotor too
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:38 AM   #1610
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to scott_g Send a message via Skype™ to scott_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara

2 questions....

1) Some of the early 13.5 motors shipped with the old endbell. What is shipping now are all the new (Velociti) endbell. If you are buying a motor now this is not something you need to worry about. The sintered rotor is a direct replacement part for the standard rotor. It will give stronger brakes and very marginally stronger performance. Check with your track though as some tracks are only allowing the 13.5 when fitted with the standard rotor.

2. You can install the sintered rotor as an update to the 4.5. This doesn't make it a 3.5. The sintered rotor is a stronger and more heat resistant magnet - that's all. Again it will give you better brakes (much better) and marginally stronger performance. It should be more resistant to fading performance after a number of thermal shutdowns. The sintered rotor is a direct replacement for the standard 4.5 bonded rotor. If you want a 3.5, you can't upgrade your 4.5, you just need to buy a 3.5.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:44 AM   #1611
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTC
New Brushless System ready to be installed. A little cutting and soldering and vwella.
They are indeed very long out of the box..

Try this on for size!!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ofIMGP4745.jpg

Nice to see another local running the GTB...
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:02 AM   #1612
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default temp

Hey fellas
What temperature does the speedy and motor have to run at to be normal temperature.
thanks.
NOOB-SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:28 AM   #1613
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOOB-SMOKE
Hey fellas
What temperature does the speedy and motor have to run at to be normal temperature.
thanks.
in the 165 degree range
Old 11-14-2006, 06:29 AM   #1614
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
They are indeed very long out of the box..

Try this on for size!!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ofIMGP4745.jpg

Nice to see another local running the GTB...
or this one

one more ( my 4 cell car)
Old 11-14-2006, 06:41 AM   #1615
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow!! that's certainly a stretch on the 4cell car..

You must've used the whole lot on that one!

Nice layout though! Wish you could do that on a 6 cell to help with the weight..
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:56 AM   #1616
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Wow!! that's certainly a stretch on the 4cell car..

You must've used the whole lot on that one!

Nice layout though! Wish you could do that on a 6 cell to help with the weight..
i did use all the wire for the 4 cell
Old 11-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #1617
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

It was one hell of a squeeze especially with a transponder.

Looks a little messy but hey
Attached Thumbnails
New Novak Brusless System-tn_brushlessbd.jpg  
Old 11-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #1618
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_g
1) Some of the early 13.5 motors shipped with the old endbell. What is shipping now are all the new (Velociti) endbell. If you are buying a motor now this is not something you need to worry about. The sintered rotor is a direct replacement part for the standard rotor. It will give stronger brakes and very marginally stronger performance. Check with your track though as some tracks are only allowing the 13.5 when fitted with the standard rotor.

2. You can install the sintered rotor as an update to the 4.5. This doesn't make it a 3.5. The sintered rotor is a stronger and more heat resistant magnet - that's all. Again it will give you better brakes (much better) and marginally stronger performance. It should be more resistant to fading performance after a number of thermal shutdowns. The sintered rotor is a direct replacement for the standard 4.5 bonded rotor. If you want a 3.5, you can't upgrade your 4.5, you just need to buy a 3.5.
Thanks Scott, and Marco.J both...but Scott's answer is much more detailed and did answer my question completely. (Marco...not you, it is me, I am kinda slow....like the way I drive, LOL)....Again, Thanks...now I know what to do with the 4.5 and waiting for the 13.5 now.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #1619
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Ok, just like to clear this up. It is the motor that overheats isnt it?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #1620
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So has anyone messed around with the profiles/settings? What's the best profile for stock racing?
Deves is offline   Reply With Quote