R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2006, 07:05 AM   #1576
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobo_ph
I don't have a weighing scale but based on feel, the sintered rotor is slightly heavier than the regular rotor.

The sintered rotor's diameter is lesser though (around 2mm lesser).

Here's a side by side pic...
old news!!lol but i prefer the heavier one
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:11 AM   #1577
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jobo_ph Send a message via Skype™ to jobo_ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
old news!!lol but i prefer the heavier one
Hello Marcos.J,

Thanks for pointing that out. I just got my sintered rotor today (so it's new to me, he he) and installed it a few minutes ago. I might be able to try it out this weekend.
jobo_ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:20 AM   #1578
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobo_ph
Hello Marcos.J,

Thanks for pointing that out. I just got my sintered rotor today (so it's new to me, he he) and installed it a few minutes ago. I might be able to try it out this weekend.
you are going to have alot of drag brake compared to the stock rotor
Old 11-03-2006, 07:25 AM   #1579
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I should be getting my 13.5 today, it's out for delivery as per the UPS site...

I'm really psyched to try it out on sunday, going to be in my 12th scale and I'm hopefully going to have an almost maintence free car... I just don't have the time anymore to be cutting comm's and dynoing motors...

Should I bother running the fan on the GTB???

Now, if I decide I want to use the sintered rotor, I have to change to the velocity endbell, correct?

Can't wait to see how many Mah are left in the packs after an 8 minute race... I was discharging my 4200's and still had like 2200 mah left running a Monster stock...
Old 11-03-2006, 07:28 AM   #1580
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
I should be getting my 13.5 today, it's out for delivery as per the UPS site...

I'm really psyched to try it out on sunday, going to be in my 12th scale and I'm hopefully going to have an almost maintence free car... I just don't have the time anymore to be cutting comm's and dynoing motors...

Should I bother running the fan on the GTB???

Now, if I decide I want to use the sintered rotor, I have to change to the velocity endbell, correct?

Can't wait to see how many Mah are left in the packs after an 8 minute race... I was discharging my 4200's and still had like 2200 mah left running a Monster stock...
thats funny UPS has mine out for delivery too, you willl get better performance with the GTB also if you are getting the newer batch of 13.5 all you have to do is change the rotor, no need to change the endbell.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #1581
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
thats funny UPS has mine out for delivery too, you willl get better performance with the GTB also if you are getting the newer batch of 13.5 all you have to do is change the rotor, no need to change the endbell.
Excellent (hopefully mine is out of the newer batch though...)

Getting the car ready and I have finally decided I truely hate CA glue... (had to replace the bottom pod plate and all my CA is hard!!!)

How much drag brake can I expect with this motor compared to a stocker? I've run the 5800 on this track and that had like no drag brake....
Old 11-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #1582
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

The older 5800 did not have a drag brake feature built into the speed control. The newer SS "+" models have the same drag brake adjustment as the GTB does. They are adjustable in ten steps and work very well. I don't think it matters which motor is used.

Has anybody noticed their rotors/motors losing torque? I have 2 gtb 6.5's that I use for off road and the one in my stadium truck seems weak (most of the guys I race with have the same setup). I am wondering if a new rotor would help.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #1583
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka
The older 5800 did not have a drag brake feature built into the speed control. The newer SS "+" models have the same drag brake adjustment as the GTB does. They are adjustable in ten steps and work very well. I don't think it matters which motor is used.

Has anybody noticed their rotors/motors losing torque? I have 2 gtb 6.5's that I use for off road and the one in my stadium truck seems weak (most of the guys I race with have the same setup). I am wondering if a new rotor would help.
new rotor will help
Old 11-05-2006, 03:12 PM   #1584
Tech Regular

I have just ordered a GTB 4.5r brushless system. I won't be racing mod but when the 13.5 becomes legal for stock I am planning on running that. the 4.5 is just to have a play with. Just reading through the forums I was wondering how many other people are having this glitch problem.
I run a Sanwa M8 with RX 3xx? and am wondering whether it's a common problem or just for some people and if it is common what's the best fix?
WRXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #1585
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I experienced glitching when using Airtronics receiver. Many racers on this forum suggests to switch to Spektrum to solve that problem. But many also uses FM receivers and claims to be fine. I switched and never had a problem.
Yellowtaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #1586
Tech Master

Ok, i have read a few posts concerning motors "going off" after so many runs.

What are peoples experiences of this? Do the sintered rotors help? I have the 3.5 and hope it will give me a good hard winters racing and expect it to last until next year. Am i being unrealistic???
Old 11-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #1587
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If your having problems with the brushless systems shutting down it is probably due to heat. gear down a tooth or two and see if that helps,
nitroburner65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #1588
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheyhoe
Ok, i have read a few posts concerning motors "going off" after so many runs.

What are peoples experiences of this? Do the sintered rotors help? I have the 3.5 and hope it will give me a good hard winters racing and expect it to last until next year. Am i being unrealistic???
The 3.5 includes the sintered rotor, which can withstand lots of heat before being damaged. Just gear properly and you should be in good shape .
Old 11-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #1589
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
I experienced glitching when using Airtronics receiver. Many racers on this forum suggests to switch to Spektrum to solve that problem. But many also uses FM receivers and claims to be fine. I switched and never had a problem.
I am using a 27MHZ FM radio system so I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.
WRXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #1590
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rampal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTC
I am using a 27MHZ FM radio system so I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

The problems described with the GTB and FM receivers, as far as I know, are on the 40MHz band (Europe, Japan). I don't think you will have such problems if you're using 27MHz. Nevertheless, it is wise to make a range test before running your TC on the field..
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote