Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher mi5 or xray t4

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Talking Schumacher mi5 or xray t4

Need some opinions on which one is a all around better car for asphalt? Would like to hear from guys that have driven both. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have not seen a slow MI5. I have seen many slow t4's. In my opinion the xray is not what it used to be. Most of our locals have switched to other rides.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
I have not seen a slow MI5. I have seen many slow t4's. In my opinion the xray is not what it used to be. Most of our locals have switched to other rides.
No..........
Old 07-15-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

There is no such thing as a slow T4... the T4 itself will just sit there on the bench. It requires a driver to make it either slow or fast around the track. The T4 is the most popular car at every race I attend, so inevitably there will be some slow drivers with them as well as fast ones. As good as the T4 is, it won't take 2 seconds off your laptimes.

My T4 is the best TC I've ever owned. The build-quality is second to none; all the parts fit together perfect without a single shim or any sanding whatsoever. The gear diff is super-smooth and never leaks, and the shocks are the best I've ever used (I didn't think I'd ever say that about anything other than TRF shocks).

On track it's always superb, from very low grip conditions to fairly high grip, from wet to hot (we're actually having a summer in the UK this year!). And with so many other drivers running them, there's always help with setups when needed.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You're kidding, right? The T4 is one of the most consistent cars at any track I race at. Out of the box it is very stable, easy to drive and fast. The setup window is quite large and even beginners can enjoy the car since it's extremely durable.

I have set up many, many XRAYs and helped a lot of local drivers at the tracks I race at, and the T4 has been by far the best XRAY I have ever worked on and owned (and I've owned nearly all of them at one time or another).

This is not to s*** on the Mi5. From what I hear it's an excellent car, but to claim the T4 in and of itself is slow is absurd.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

This is kind of silly. The latest Xray TC is absolutely top shelf, just like each predecessor.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Too many racers own Xray's to give you an objective opinion. Most will use the Xray as a baseline Performance to compare everything else to. What can you make Work for you ???? For me, it's shaftdrives only: tc4/A700ex.... One thing you'll get for free with Xray is a sense of belonging to a huge family, and most don't like to be lonely and helpless... I don't mind at all being the underdog, but that's me...
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Too many racers own Xray's to give you an objective opinion. Most will use the Xray as a baseline Performance to compare everything else to. What can you make Work for you ???? For me, it's shaftdrives only: tc4/A700ex.... One thing you'll get for free with Xray is a sense of belonging to a huge family, and most don't like to be lonely and helpless... I don't mind at all being the underdog, but that's me...
LOL...could care less about belonging to a huge family. I actually like running something unique and rare (I run a Schumacher K1 in offroad, most guys run B44's).

But....I bought an XRay T4 mainly for its quality and the fact that I don't have to carry spare parts. I have not broken anything since running it in February. Parts wear is excellent too.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 07-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ugh. Car vs car battles never end well.
If you want a safe car thats proven, get the xray and just race it. Any of the top shelf cars are going to have similar build quality and laptimes. The schumacher is more interesting i think. Ill be trying one.
Xray is definitely more forgiving for noobs. But if you dont hit things you really can go either way.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

This is one case where you can't go wrong. Clearly both chassis are superior racing machines. The Mi5 does appear to have the edge as far as advancement of the breed goes though.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

The MI5 is damn good on asphalt, all Schumachers are.

But hey, pick your poison. I'd go with Shuie because I like different stuff, but either one will get you around the course if it's built right and you know what you are doing.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Is the t4 better on highbite carpet
Old 07-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Lot of fast T4s at my local tracks (high bite carpet) but Mi5 has proven shockingly fast.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I apologize for my previous comment. In my Opinion based upon what I have seen there are better tc's for the money. Yes it is indeed very difficult to match the quality of xray but that alone is not going to win you the race. looking at current tc's on the market and spare for each car I would not be going with an xray. Id save a little cash buy the schui and spend the rest on tires. Thats me. "pick your favorite color and go with it".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.