Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 10:46 PM   #76
Tech Master

Default Give me a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
posted by mteven

Having driven all of these cars I would have to say they each have their strengths and short comings.

Ritchie,

Yes I have spent some time with JB's car and observed a several of them at a various tracks around. From what I have seen and experienced with my the car feels a bit numb and transitions slower than than both the X-Ray and 415. I would say that it is big step forward in agility from the SDW

posted by jaybee.
LET ME SET SOMETHING STRAIGHT: NO ONE HAS DRIVEN MY BD BUT ME. The first time it has touched a track is LAST WEEKEND @ FW

me posting now, and sorry about this guys.
mark, i have copied and pasted two of your statements, these are not opinions, but statements. and challenged those statements and you took it as a attack, your father has defended you.

the persons car in question, that you "have spent some time with" has only seen one track. and has never been driven by anyone but jaybee. has never seen carpet, much less foams.

while you don't need to apoligize for having an opinion, you may want to say sorry for lying.

fact is, there are no other bd's in this area, not at 4 seasons, not at fw, not at trcr (dirt track) not at burien, not at sarcar, not at atomic hobby, not at raincity, and not at peel it. as i stated before, andrew had one and has moved, jb has the other bd, there are not "serveral others" for you to watch. and as for you SDW comments, there are only two of those around also, i have one and jb has the other. and you have driven neither.

sorry for the ramble guys. i will try and be nice from now on.
Sorry for lying? Give me a break Ritche, I was there when JB asked Mark to drive his car to help him out at 4 seasons. Mark also drove andrew Shultz's car there. This whole thing started when you, Ritche put down Mark for giving his opinion. I didn't see anywhere there was an apology given for having an opinion! He just stated the obvious, some cars are better on certain conditions than others. Here's a little novacaine to help sooth the pain, Group hug.

Pops
Old 06-16-2005, 11:13 PM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Lightbulb

John, like I said before- I asked Mark to drive MY RAYSPEED SD, not BD being that I didn't have the BD then. C'mon dude, get them ol' cogs moving up there. -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO

Last edited by JayBee; 06-17-2005 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:13 PM   #78
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
LET ME SET SOMETHING STRAIGHT: NO ONE HAS DRIVEN MY BD BUT ME. The first time it has touched a track is LAST WEEKEND @ FW. No one at Debbie's has seen my car either unless they were at it's first outing. GEEESH... -JB

Old 06-16-2005, 11:14 PM   #79
Tech Champion

Lightbulb

Quote:
And another friggin' thing, out of all of my Yoke cars, only two people has driven them, Mark T. and Franko. But guess what- IT WAS THE RAYSPEED ON RUBBERS @ DEBBIE'S. This topic has gotten WAAYYY off topic and I don't think I'll contribute anymore ... Well, maybe -JB

Old 06-16-2005, 11:30 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vi3tishduy
Whats the main diff between the 415 and 415ms? Which one is better for asphault? And, whats up with the rumors of a new car int he TRF line? When is it coming out?
Since this thread has pretty much become useless, I'll try to answer your q. From what I've read, seen, and heard about the 415...the ms is for asphalt. I believe it has a thinner chassis to get more grip. I still get beat by a teammate of mine with the regular 415, so you don't HAVE to have a ms.

The guys on the Reedy thread were calling the new tamiya a 416 or something like that. It looks like a 415 but with different bulkheads.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #81
Tech Elite

john, my response in on the NW thread. don't want to take up any more of this one.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:56 AM   #82
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to macvolcom

If I were you I would just wait for the FT TC4. enuff said .
Old 06-17-2005, 11:02 AM   #83
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macvolcom
If I were you I would just wait for the FT TC4. enuff said .
or better yet..get the Hara Edition Pro4 $375 at Tower and in-stock.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
Old 06-17-2005, 11:06 AM   #84
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to macvolcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
or better yet..get the Hara Edition Pro4 $375 at Tower and in-stock.
Why would you do that when the TC4FT just took 1st @ teh reedy race.

ITS NOT $375.00 its $400.00!!!!!!!!! http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSB0&P=7
Old 06-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #85
Tech Master

Quote:
JB, maybe you forgot but I saw your Bd car, which was new at Four Seasons. You said you just got it. I was commenting to you on how impressive it looked. You were pitted next to the door and Mark was pitted next to you and I next to mark on the end, and Franko was by the door on the wall side. You asked Mark to drive your car and give you some feed back, which he did. I know I'm as old as dirt but I do remember that.

Well all this doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. I just want to set the record straight. I don't know where the motivation for this mean spirited posting is comming from.

No one wants to be called a liar, when it is totaly groundless. I welcome the chance to talk to you at the track this weekend, be it at Four Seasons or FW.

Pops
Old 06-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #86
Tech Champion

Angry

Quote:

ITS NOT $375.00 its $400.00!!!!!!!!! http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSB0&P=7
Who cares if it took first place at the Reedy race . The guy is not asking what car won the lastest race. You gotta come with something more solid than that That reason just doesn't fly... -JB

Old 06-17-2005, 11:29 AM   #87
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:

what does first place at the Reedy have to do with anything...

Save $25 Off Your $199 Order!
R/C season has arrived and to get you into the swing of things, Tower Hobbies is once again saving you money. Just place an order of $199 or more and for a limited time we will take $25.00 off the total. All you have to do to claim your savings is mention ad number 010K8 when you place your order (may be entered into your shopping cart). This special offer is not retroactive. Please, only one promotional ad number per order.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
Old 06-17-2005, 11:32 AM   #88
Tech Champion

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
JB, maybe you forgot but I saw your Bd car, which was new at Four Seasons. You said you just got it. I was commenting to you on how impressive it looked. You were pitted next to the door and Mark was pitted next to you and I next to mark on the end, and Franko was by the door on the wall side. You asked Mark to drive your car and give you some feed back, which he did. I know I'm as old as dirt but I do remember that.

Well all this doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. I just want to set the record straight. I don't know where the motivation for this mean spirited posting is comming from.

No one wants to be called a liar, when it is totaly groundless. I welcome the chance to talk to you at the track this weekend, be it at Four Seasons or FW.

Pops

Last edited by JayBee; 06-17-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:43 AM   #89
Tech Master

Quote:
John LISTEN, that day at 4-seasons I was driving the Pro4. That's the car Mark drove that day. THE PRO4!!! I would know who's driven my damn car or not. Why are you persisting in calling me a liar -JB
JB, I think I know what a Pro 4 looks like I used to own one. Enough with this!

Pops
Old 06-17-2005, 11:49 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Smile

Funny I ran into this post today. Played hooky at work yesterday, and went to SoCal with both of my cars, a X-Ray FK04, and my 415MS. I was using the entire day to really sort out both cars. Currently SoCal has tight technical section in the middle of the track that I suck at, but I am a novice ! My X-Ray is way faster. I also have a EVO4, and Tamiya's front suspension design just doesn't have quite the steering response as the X-Ray. I think it might be due to the fact that they use a steering ball stud that acts as a camber link, and it might cause some type of binding issues? Therefore slowing the steering response? I might buy a hub carrier set, and tap a hole to change the design to see if thats the case? Both cars use high end servos. 415MS=Airtronics 958. Xray=Airtronics 357. Side note: Team Checkpoint was doing some testing there, and damn that motor hauls.....
Closed Thread