Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida >

2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida

2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida

Old 10-10-2014, 05:46 AM
  #556  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,730
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dumper
Actually it was not. The car is a box stock XTI Altered Ego with a different chassis and U plate. That's it. He ran the car exactly as we built it other than changing to a one step stiffer center spring. If you look at the Live RC photos of the bottom of the car, you can see 4 screws inline on the bottom of the car. The back two are holding the shock mount. The front two are for a second shock mount. We used the second shock mount as a spacer for mounting his electronics in case they wanted to move the shock forward, his electronics would not have to move. I guess I forgot to take it out, and he ran it the whole time!
Well, that's just awesome.

I reckon you should release a WC edition and talk about the "oops" as a tounge in cheek option in the manual
cplus is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 12:47 AM
  #557  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
daveaustin5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 482
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Naoto Matsukura was fastest in Q1. Volkner second.

Yokomo's team is ridiculous.

Top 10 from Q1:

1. Naoto
2. Volkner.
3. Rheinard
4. Vejrak
5. Sobue
6. Hara
7. Hayato
8. Groskamp
9. Lee
10. Krapp

5 Yokomo's, 4 Tamiya's and a Kyosho. Looks like it's going to be a good week for Japanese manufacturers.
daveaustin5 is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 01:30 AM
  #558  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

It shows who did their homework to prepare for this race, however nothing is ever guaranteed. It is always challenging when track conditions change throughout the day, but I am not surprised about the initial qualifying results.

Patrick
XCELL is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 01:55 AM
  #559  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,730
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

remind me again what the situation is with tyres for quali vs mains?

there isn't the severe restrictions like there was in 2012 is there?

edit: found it, 11+2 controlled sets for P1-3, Q1-6 and M1-2/3, so that's 12 sessions, heaps of tyres!

I did notice no tyre prep (sanding or filing of grooves) wasn't happening though, and no tyre warmers either - is that right?

Last edited by cplus; 10-11-2014 at 02:07 AM.
cplus is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 05:38 AM
  #560  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
EricPF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cplus
remind me again what the situation is with tyres for quali vs mains?

there isn't the severe restrictions like there was in 2012 is there?

edit: found it, 11+2 controlled sets for P1-3, Q1-6 and M1-2/3, so that's 12 sessions, heaps of tyres!

I did notice no tyre prep (sanding or filing of grooves) wasn't happening though, and no tyre warmers either - is that right?
That's right. Tires are impounded after drivers can check and balance their sets. They get their ties when they go through tech, and then have 3 mins to apply SXT in a controlled area and even have to use IFMAR issued blue towels to wipe them. No warmers allowed.
EricPF is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 10:46 AM
  #561  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,724
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Looks like yokomo teammates Naoto and Volker are trading TQ's....
Francis M. is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 12:17 PM
  #562  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (76)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,397
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Nice to see some Xrays in the mix for Q2. Bruno Coelho's the only name I don't recognize on the top 10. Pretty much came out of no where yesterday and today.
Dan is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 12:47 PM
  #563  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (87)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,337
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

The Xray team Bruno Coelho TQ the forth round in 18 laps pace
OVA is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 12:49 PM
  #564  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (87)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,337
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dan
Nice to see some Xrays in the mix for Q2. Bruno Coelho's the only name I don't recognize on the top 10. Pretty much came out of no where yesterday and today.
this guy is champ driver well known in Portugese
OVA is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 12:51 PM
  #565  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
daveaustin5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 482
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OVA
this guy is champ driver well known in Portugese
Yep. He TQ'd the European Championship and came second.

He's a great driver.
daveaustin5 is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 01:00 PM
  #566  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,862
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Nice run Bruno!!
Al Sodano is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 03:31 PM
  #567  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,300
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dumper
Actually it was not. The car is a box stock XTI Altered Ego with a different chassis and U plate. That's it. He ran the car exactly as we built it other than changing to a one step stiffer center spring. If you look at the Live RC photos of the bottom of the car, you can see 4 screws inline on the bottom of the car. The back two are holding the shock mount. The front two are for a second shock mount. We used the second shock mount as a spacer for mounting his electronics in case they wanted to move the shock forward, his electronics would not have to move. I guess I forgot to take it out, and he ran it the whole time!
That's like saying my Mustang is bone stock accept for the supercharger and slicks lol
303slowdown is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 05:35 PM
  #568  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,724
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

This has to be one of the most competitive worlds qual in a while. TQ still up for grabs..... A couple of fast drivers currently out of the top ten still has a chance to move up Tom.
Francis M. is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 06:06 PM
  #569  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

roflol

RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 09:47 PM
  #570  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,459
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
roflol

This is what exactly it should be like having fun and racing toy cars
GMartinez is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.