Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida >

2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida

2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida

Old 10-04-2014, 09:50 AM
  #451  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,496
Default

Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Yes the live time program we will be using can assign up to 100 transponders per driver
Cool, so it's ok if I want to register a 2nd number?? I've got 2 cars (and 2 pt's), and may well want to run both during practice, so it would be a whole load easier to reg both numbers - otherwise i'll be doing my bit for double sided tape manufactures!!
MattW is offline  
Old 10-04-2014, 11:49 AM
  #452  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 138
Default

Anybody know what day and times the 1/12 scale mains are going to be ran? I'm not racing just want to come out and watch
Rickybob is offline  
Old 10-04-2014, 07:46 PM
  #453  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
TB03Racer09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I want to try an watch the races live on liverc if possible. Where can I find out the approximate times of each race so that I can calculate when I can watch it in Australia?
TB03Racer09 is offline  
Old 10-04-2014, 08:23 PM
  #454  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (80)
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,760
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TB03Racer09 View Post
I want to try an watch the races live on liverc if possible. Where can I find out the approximate times of each race so that I can calculate when I can watch it in Australia?
The local time, in Florida, is considered -5:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada). I hope that helps a little bit.
Kraig is offline  
Old 10-04-2014, 11:07 PM
  #455  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
TB03Racer09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
The local time, in Florida, is considered -5:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada). I hope that helps a little bit.
Thanks mate. Looks like I'm 16 hours ahead. If it starts 8.00am is Florida, it will be midnight in Sydney I think I'll just watch them in the mornings
TB03Racer09 is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 12:19 AM
  #456  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (88)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,338
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rickybob View Post
Anybody know what day and times the 1/12 scale mains are going to be ran? I'm not racing just want to come out and watch
Wednesday mains should start after 11
GMartinez is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 07:32 PM
  #457  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Are the results published anywhere?

Can't see anything on the liverc website or the app?!?
cplus is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 07:45 PM
  #458  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cplus View Post
Are the results published anywhere?

Can't see anything on the liverc website or the app?!?
Everything is here
But just practice so far

http://live.liverc.com/351-IFMAR_Ele...n-Road_Worlds/
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 11:03 PM
  #459  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
silden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 952
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hagberg is top seed for Qualifying
silden is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 11:42 PM
  #460  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRzCcGPvHpk
goots is offline  
Old 10-07-2014, 01:51 AM
  #461  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Poland Warsaw
Posts: 77
Default

I just watched the video from practice day. First thing that did strike me was the track layout. After attending previous WC in Holland, EC in few other countries not saying even comparing to our national events : THIS TRACK ( to be polite) lacks a lot. Layout is so simple that the cars look like they were running on a toy track not professionally prepared track for WC.

there are only same type turns. No roundabouts , no fast chicanes that lead to 180 turn etc. no changes of rhythm . For almost 1/3 of lap you go with almost full throttle ( i doubt that there is a grate need to reduce speed at the end of straight)

Races where we ( localy) make lap times under 10sec are generally considered really poor or super "local club meetings". Track that lacks variety of types of turns often is a open door for drivers that for some unimportant reason prefer this certain type.

Summarizing I did expect more from the track. Happily I had to withdraw this year because of birth of my daughter. Otherwise I would probably be unsatisfied and felt that lot of money had been wasted. Seeing this track , I suppose it would have been better to run this event on controlled tires on asfalt track. It would be more interesting.
blazeblazucki is offline  
Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 AM
  #462  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (58)
 
The Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,136
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

blazeblazucki, it's a good thing you didn't go......you being unsatisfied would have been tragic!!!
The Teacher is offline  
Old 10-07-2014, 04:53 AM
  #463  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 218
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by blazeblazucki View Post
I just watched the video from practice day. First thing that did strike me was the track layout. After attending previous WC in Holland, EC in few other countries not saying even comparing to our national events : THIS TRACK ( to be polite) lacks a lot. Layout is so simple that the cars look like they were running on a toy track not professionally prepared track for WC.

there are only same type turns. No roundabouts , no fast chicanes that lead to 180 turn etc. no changes of rhythm . For almost 1/3 of lap you go with almost full throttle ( i doubt that there is a grate need to reduce speed at the end of straight)

Races where we ( localy) make lap times under 10sec are generally considered really poor or super "local club meetings". Track that lacks variety of types of turns often is a open door for drivers that for some unimportant reason prefer this certain type.

Summarizing I did expect more from the track. Happily I had to withdraw this year because of birth of my daughter. Otherwise I would probably be unsatisfied and felt that lot of money had been wasted. Seeing this track , I suppose it would have been better to run this event on controlled tires on asfalt track. It would be more interesting.
Looked like a "club" track to me too.
Dimensions seem to be much smallaer than 2012 too.
We want dots, zig-zag, 180deg turns, 200ft of straight, and more than 50 drivers next time !
thejo3 is offline  
Old 10-07-2014, 05:12 AM
  #464  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Definitely very small and not very exciting track.

Who knows though, might bring some exciting racing, don't write it off yet. (Hard not to though....)
cplus is offline  
Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 AM
  #465  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
daveaustin5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 482
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
blazeblazucki, it's a good thing you didn't go......you being unsatisfied would have been tragic!!!
He's not wrong though is he?

It's not an exciting track and it's a lot smaller than I'd have imagined.
daveaustin5 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.