R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2014, 06:21 AM   #316
Tech Elite
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,145
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

So TC people are bringing their own tires? Seems odd to me with a spec tire and impound but it is what it is. I'd rather buy them there at $30 a set then elsewhere at $35+. I am surprised at people buying 25+ sets, but more power to the folks that can.

Any detail on 12th scale tire procedures as it seems to be a bit of a worry (it is for me as well)?

Also, are the people who are running both 12th and TC, staying near Minnreg Wednesday night and driving to Kissimmee Thursday morning, or driving over Wednesday night?

Is there any pit layout/reservation thing going on for either location?

With the turnouts being less then full, how might the schedule change or will we just end earlier each day? Does that mean practice afterwards then?

Thanks for putting up with my questions.
__________________
Desoto Racing * Serpent America * Boca Bearings

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #317
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
So TC people are bringing their own tires? Seems odd to me with a spec tire and impound but it is what it is. I'd rather buy them there at $30 a set then elsewhere at $35+. I am surprised at people buying 25+ sets, but more power to the folks that can.

Any detail on 12th scale tire procedures as it seems to be a bit of a worry (it is for me as well)?

Also, are the people who are running both 12th and TC, staying near Minnreg Wednesday night and driving to Kissimmee Thursday morning, or driving over Wednesday night?

Is there any pit layout/reservation thing going on for either location?

With the turnouts being less then full, how might the schedule change or will we just end earlier each day? Does that mean practice afterwards then?

Thanks for putting up with my questions.
Seem to recall that 1/12 will have an impound which is the only place additive can be applied, but there is no time limit on how long before your race you can apply it (unlike the TC portion)

I'm truing tyres here already so hopefully that'll be fine.

Several of us are driving up Wednesday after finishing the 1/12

No idea on the other questions.

See you there

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #318
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,774
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

I'm not going to this race but I'm shocked that they are allowing people to bring their own tires.

What is to stop someone that races for Hot race tires from getting some unmounted tires putting whatever inserts they want in them and gluing them up and putting them in a package?

Don't assume people are not going to cheat.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #319
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I have a sneaking suspicion that he was referring to people bringing their own tires for this weekend of practice, not for Worlds. In other words, they have 1600 sets ready, but since people are bringing their own sets now for practice, they can't tell how many sets will be consumed (and thus how many will need to be ordered for Worlds to restock.)

Maybe I am wrong, but this makes a lot more sense than allowing folks to bring their own tires!

EDIT: I am not disagreeing that communication has been horrible for this event, but I think a lot is getting lost via really poorly worded facebook and rctech posts. The facebook post about ordering tires through Superior was absolutely absurd.
__________________
Chris Hillier | 5280 Raceway | www.5280raceway.com | Racing. Elevated.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #320
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Thame, Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 143
Send a message via MSN to Mark Stiles
Default

If someone really wanted to cheat then it would be very difficult to stop them doing so, even with the most stringent of rules and procedures. I would hope that the implications that would result from someone and their sponsors being caught would be enough to put them off doing so.

However, you would like to think that reasonable measures had been put in place to make it less blindingly obvious how one would go about being dishonest.

Bringing your own tc tyres to the race - well it's pretty obvious that I could do something to treat them at home or at the hotel, before bringing them to the track as if nothing had been done. If you handout the tyres in tech and not allow them to be removed then it removes all possibility of anyone tampering with them behind closed doors.

1/12 is a more difficult one because most drivers will be coming with pre-cut foam. The only way to do it would have been to insist that tyres were submitted to tech at 'out of the packet' sizes and trued & treated in the impound - like they now do for the big nitro on-road races. It's a bit late to do that now though...
__________________
Yokomo - Reedy - Protoform - A-Paint - CML Distribution - Racer Magazine - Zen-Racing - MomentumRC

BRCA 1/12 Electric Circuit Section Chairman
Mark Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #321
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Germany, close to Holland
Posts: 220
Default

Mark, we do know each other pretty well, and I do love all the work you in GB!
Imagine you would do a in tech tyre procedure for treatment and truing at the BRCA 1/12 Nats?! Come on....this is big LOL. You would also need a in tech tweak place, tyre drying place, etc...

As you say right, when you start your comment, you can't really prevent people from cheating, thats my experiences for 30 years in this sport too.
So why make a big mess for 2-3 people that might cheat and therefore taking away all other peoples joy? This does not help the sport....even not on WC level. I even think it throws a bad light on the sport...as it only shows how far the effort has become to put a car on the track.

Almost all of the fast guys have entered for this WC.....but on the other hand there is a reason why this field is low. There is plenty! of 1/12 guys in the US, but things like this and other things before that, take away peoples faith in going there. WORD! ;-)

Markus
__________________
Speedtech RC Germany-Home of MobGums tyres

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #322
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Thame, Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 143
Send a message via MSN to Mark Stiles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
Mark, we do know each other pretty well, and I do love all the work you in GB!
Imagine you would do a in tech tyre procedure for treatment and truing at the BRCA 1/12 Nats?! Come on....this is big LOL. You would also need a in tech tweak place, tyre drying place, etc...

As you say right, when you start your comment, you can't really prevent people from cheating, thats my experiences for 30 years in this sport too.
So why make a big mess for 2-3 people that might cheat and therefore taking away all other peoples joy? This does not help the sport....even not on WC level. I even think it throws a bad light on the sport...as it only shows how far the effort has become to put a car on the track.

Almost all of the fast guys have entered for this WC.....but on the other hand there is a reason why this field is low. There is plenty! of 1/12 guys in the US, but things like this and other things before that, take away peoples faith in going there. WORD! ;-)

Markus
Fully agree!

(wow, did I really just say that to you?!)
__________________
Yokomo - Reedy - Protoform - A-Paint - CML Distribution - Racer Magazine - Zen-Racing - MomentumRC

BRCA 1/12 Electric Circuit Section Chairman
Mark Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #323
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Germany, close to Holland
Posts: 220
Default

wow....me and Mark have the same opinion on something! ;-)

It really surprises me that not more people bring in their opinion.
Don't people care?! Don't people care this is getting all insane??
Lame...really lame....
__________________
Speedtech RC Germany-Home of MobGums tyres

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #324
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: England
Posts: 417
Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
After this weekend we will place an additional order but we can't estimate like you are doing when a lot of teams brought in there own Tyres that they purchased from there prepesctive distributor
Thanks George.

So can you clarify that this batch of 1600 is JUST for this weekend's practice, and more will be ordered for the actual event itself? I assume ALL tyres for the Worlds itself (and the practice day) will have to be purchased at the track, and then they will ALL come from the same batch?
__________________
Oli Meggitt | London, UK
.:. Essex Winter Series .:. CML Racing .:. ToniSport .:. Zen Racing .:. Moorespeed RC .:. OTM Racing .:. RC Racing TV .:. RIDE R/C Scoreboards
Bigger Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #325
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,714
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
wow....me and Mark have the same opinion on something! ;-)

It really surprises me that not more people bring in their opinion.
Don't people care?! Don't people care this is getting all insane??
Lame...really lame....
Biggest insane item is lack of positive facts from race management, so far most of the comments are speculation. I for one am attending for the fun of it and don't expect that any amount of cheating by anyone will impact my chances to be near the top of the list. I'm just planning on showing up and see what happens. But it should would help to know exactly what to expect.
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #326
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,167
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I'm not going to this race but I'm shocked that they are allowing people to bring their own tires.

What is to stop someone that races for Hot race tires from getting some unmounted tires putting whatever inserts they want in them and gluing them up and putting them in a package?

Don't assume people are not going to cheat.
We can't enforce them to purchase practice tires the only enforcement is tires that will be used for seeding and qualifying which equals to 11 sets per IFMAR has to be purchased trackside or pre order thru official hobby shop
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #327
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,167
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Seem to recall that 1/12 will have an impound which is the only place additive can be applied, but there is no time limit on how long before your race you can apply it (unlike the TC portion)

I'm truing tyres here already so hopefully that'll be fine.

Several of us are driving up Wednesday after finishing the 1/12

No idea on the other questions.

See you there

Skiddins
There is no time limit rule for 1/12 that is only for Tc
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #328
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,167
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stiles View Post
If someone really wanted to cheat then it would be very difficult to stop them doing so, even with the most stringent of rules and procedures. I would hope that the implications that would result from someone and their sponsors being caught would be enough to put them off doing so.

However, you would like to think that reasonable measures had been put in place to make it less blindingly obvious how one would go about being dishonest.

Bringing your own tc tyres to the race - well it's pretty obvious that I could do something to treat them at home or at the hotel, before bringing them to the track as if nothing had been done. If you handout the tyres in tech and not allow them to be removed then it removes all possibility of anyone tampering with them behind closed doors.

1/12 is a more difficult one because most drivers will be coming with pre-cut foam. The only way to do it would have been to insist that tyres were submitted to tech at 'out of the packet' sizes and trued & treated in the impound - like they now do for the big nitro on-road races. It's a bit late to do that now though...
We have discussed those issues with the powers to be but there is no rule yet or amendment in place

So don't be surprised that will in fact take its place in future events
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #329
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,167
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
Thanks George.

So can you clarify that this batch of 1600 is JUST for this weekend's practice, and more will be ordered for the actual event itself? I assume ALL tyres for the Worlds itself (and the practice day) will have to be purchased at the track, and then they will ALL come from the same batch?
The 1600 in fact is for the worlds
We have separate inventory for this upcoming practice session
We are looking to increase the order an additional 200 sets to play it safe
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #330
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,167
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that he was referring to people bringing their own tires for this weekend of practice, not for Worlds. In other words, they have 1600 sets ready, but since people are bringing their own sets now for practice, they can't tell how many sets will be consumed (and thus how many will need to be ordered for Worlds to restock.)

Maybe I am wrong, but this makes a lot more sense than allowing folks to bring their own tires!

EDIT: I am not disagreeing that communication has been horrible for this event, but I think a lot is getting lost via really poorly worded facebook and rctech posts. The facebook post about ordering tires through Superior was absolutely absurd.
At the pre worlds we had teams bring in there own sets for practice and during practice sessions they used there own sets not what was purchased trackside which equalled close to 500 sets that were purchased elsewhere.
So were trying to avoid that issue insuring everyone is running on the same batch.
This weekend we will work with all the teams to place the practice session order for the worlds to avoid any shortages
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net