R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #721
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Congratulation on your win Oscar but it was fun to see an IB pack and Yokomo motor be able to keep up then pass and check out. Since we know that IB cells are better than GP cells it was great to see it on video. From what I heard Masami was taken out in the other 2 finals.

We also got info from a real reliable source who tested the special GP cells you guys are running and he told us that the IB3800 is still better. Maybe you need to talk with IB and get some for the Snowbirds.

AH OH I THINK YOU SUNK HIS BATTLE SHIP!!!!
pony klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #722
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony klr
AH OH I THINK YOU SUNK HIS BATTLE SHIP!!!!
IB3800 are the best cells in the market right now!...........Period!
porsche928gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:07 PM   #723
Tech Adept

One day in the near future Oscar will hafto eat his own words but will he be man enough to come on here and do it??????

Maybe its the fact that Orion have so many of the best drivers in the world that the GPs look so good!!!!! But you cant get away from that video IB hunted GP down then stalked it then it Killed it

IBs all day for me With them you get what it says on the label

Keep up the good work Danny and everyone else that matches IBs
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:20 PM   #724
Tech Regular

as ive said before how anybody in there right mind thinks a gp even oscars special gps can compete with a ib they need to get a grip there smelling to much motor cleaner
pony klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #725
Tech Adept

Ive not tried Ib's, are they really that much better?

The video doesnt really prove much atall, there are so many other variables, you cant say it was just the cells that made masami quicker..... I personally dnt think he was much quicker speed wise, just seemed to me that he carried alot more corner speed and his lines were pretty much spot on.
Anybody know what wind masami was running? could also have been a factor.

Phil C.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #726
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil C

The video doesnt really prove much atall, there are so many other variables, you cant say it was just the cells that made masami quicker..... I personally dnt think he was much quicker speed wise, just seemed to me that he carried alot more corner speed and his lines were pretty much spot on.

Phil C.
They have become my cell of choice although I agree about the video. Masami's car was working better in the corners. Straight speed was even although masami may have been rolling on it. Only he knows I guess.
(978) 416-2572
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:47 PM   #727
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil C

Phil C.
At that leval you hafto have more speed to carry more corner speed! Also at that leval, in the lead by the full length of the staight and lapping most of the field??? I think the cells did play a factor
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #728
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

IB's are absolutly amazing. If you haven't tried them yet, your missing out. I've run 33's and 38's in my stock 1/12th and the IB's just dont fall off at the end of the 8 minutes. I pulled my fastest lap 39 laps into my race (a little more then 1/2 way done) last weekend and only fell off about a tenth of a second/lap in the last quarter of the race, where 3300's fall off a good 2 tenths or more per lap and much sooner then the IB's fall off. Blistering cells.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #729
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

2006 Snowbird Battery Rules:
- G.P. and I.B. / Epic cells only
- 3800 MAH and under are allowed

This was cut and pasted from the Snowbird site...Looks like Mike has already made his decision about IP cells.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #730
Tech Adept

I am wondering if I should charge my packs any different for 19t? I have not tried the 19t class before but I will next week. Is runtime an issue in 19t touring (5 min) ? My packs are 405, 405, 413 on the labels by SMC. Only reason I ask is becaue I have seen a few people discuss step charging for 19t class, but I have only seen Danny suggest a linear charge. My charger will do either.

The local pro's at my track all use IB's now even the ones who were using GP's before. That's gotta count for something.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #731
Team EAM

IB cells do NOT like step charging at all. They will run flat in stock and 19 turn. It MIGHT get you a little more runtime in mod but wont have as much rip.

This is what I have found anyway.

EA
Old 11-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #732
Tech Adept

Thanks for the advice. I am looking forward to running two brand new packs with a brand new 19t for the first time.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:49 PM   #733
Team EAM

I would charge with a 6 amp linear charge. Set your peak detect at .03 or 30mVolts for a 6 cell pack. Tray them untill the lights go out right before you charge. After you run just take them down to .9 per cell or 5.4 as a pack.

EA
Old 11-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #734
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I would charge with a 6 amp linear charge. Set your peak detect at .03 or 30mVolts for a 6 cell pack. Tray them untill the lights go out right before you charge. After you run just take them down to .9 per cell or 5.4 as a pack.

EA
Awesome advice. Exactly what I do and my stocks have insane rip.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:47 AM   #735
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Adrian I really don't know where you come up with these conclusions about IB cells but you don't have it right. IB3800s are better for every class because the have higher capacity, higher voltage and lower IR than any other cells.

I am not 100% sure on this, and I do think the IB cells are amazing, but.....
now hear me out here.

When voltage is applied to a coil, a certain amount of that voltage is dissapated as heat as the voltage must overcome the reverse EMF produced by the mag field of the magnets. Now as you increase the voltage passing through the coils (hereby increasing the electron pressure) the current passes easier (current being amps) Therefore the motor produces more power by having more voltage to overcome the resistance and emf of the magnets, and therefore draws MORE current (amps). Though the rated capacity of the cells are higher than the GP 3700 the fact that they produce more voltage can (maybe) cause the motor to draw more current than it would have at a lower voltage, thereby decreasing the runtime of the pack on the track.....

This is one of the main reasons that 4 cell racing can go for 8 minutes and much longer if they wanted... Less voltage means less current draw, means longer run time.

Albeit, if used correctly, the extra speed can be used wisely running low wind motors and run time can be made.

PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote