R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #691
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike
I got my first 3 packs from you guys (EA) a couple months back. They were the factory team packs but were only 1.176, I see now that they are 1.190+
Have the cells from the manufacturer gotten that much better, or should I be mad at you guys? Also, is there going to be a pretty big difference between my 1.176 and 2.004?
Hey Ike,

Everytime I get a new batch in with better numbers I move the packs around. Back then a low percentage were 1.175's and up. Now its 1.190 and up. I could just have like 12 differnt levels and charge 10.00 more per pack for each .005 voltage interval but I only have 3 levels. And the Limited packs are very rare. I only had 13 out of my last batch.

The cells from the manufacture have gotten that much better. Between your 1.176's and 1.204s you will notice a differenece. That why we suggest you only buy 1-2 packs per month untill they level off....which I think is right around the corner.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:49 PM   #692
Tech Adept

I have seen and heard of some guys charging at relatively high amps. Someone at my track mentioned a charger that pumps in at 9 amps and cycles off at 130.

I am just going to shoot for peaks at 130 on my 3800's after I did some more testing yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Your wording is real good.

I would follow what we reccomend on our website it seems to work real well and is relatively easy on the cells. I'm sure some of our drivers will read this thread and may say what they have been doing to get more power. The one thing I can think of is higher amp rate to charge at. This should increase power but may hurt life expectancy.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #693
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Ike,

Everytime I get a new batch in with better numbers I move the packs around. Back then a low percentage were 1.175's and up. Now its 1.190 and up. I could just have like 12 differnt levels and charge 10.00 more per pack for each .005 voltage interval but I only have 3 levels. And the Limited packs are very rare. I only had 13 out of my last batch.

The cells from the manufacture have gotten that much better. Between your 1.176's and 1.204s you will notice a differenece. That why we suggest you only buy 1-2 packs per month untill they level off....which I think is right around the corner.

EA
Thanks Eric,

That's prettymuch what I figured. But part of me still wishes I had waited since I paid top dollar for what is now a mediocre pack. That's how it is in RC sometimes, the next best thing is always around the corner, and I certainly don't blame any matcher for my lower numbers packs. I hope the manufacturer levels things out because I'm going to go nuts if they just keep getting better...

In your's or Danny's (it's an SMC pack) opinion is this going to be a stellar pack, or are they just going to keep going up from here and a few months down the road I'm going to be bummed that my packs aren't as good as the new ones?
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:09 PM   #694
Team EAM

Hey Ike,

I'll let Danny answer that. He would know better than I would on that.

EA
Old 11-02-2005, 07:27 PM   #695
Ike
Tech Master

I just called and got another pack since I may want to run these packs in sedan at some point. There was another pack with nearly identical numbers so to me it seems that if I treat these packs the same that it will still be a pretty good match should I turn the two 4 cell packs into one 6 cell pack in the near future. Am I way off in that thinking? Thanks for all the help
Old 11-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #696
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

eric, or danny, what cuttoff do you recomend on to use with a novak smart tray, for 3700's, and 3800's???

thanks

MAtt

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #697
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im not eather, but i know what they will say, .9v a cell
Alex_kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #698
Team EAM

Ike,

All packs will change a little over time. But if they are charged the same amount of times and cared for the exact same you will probably be ok doing that. But generally your better off to keep cells together after theyve been built.

EA
Old 11-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #699
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi
eric, or danny, what cuttoff do you recomend on to use with a novak smart tray, for 3700's, and 3800's???

thanks

MAtt
Hey Matt,

Ive found that after running only take them down to .9 per cell. Before you charge I take mine down till the lights go out on an integy tray and charge it right after. If you leave them at 0 too long they will loose runtime and you wont gain enough voltage to justify it.

EA
Old 11-02-2005, 08:49 PM   #700
Ike
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Ike,

All packs will change a little over time. But if they are charged the same amount of times and cared for the exact same you will probably be ok doing that. But generally your better off to keep cells together after theyve been built.

EA
Thanks Eric,

You've been a great help. Also I don't want you to think I'm down on you guys and the numbers I got on my cells, I totally understand the circumstances. I look forward to dealing with you guys again in the future.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:17 AM   #701
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Let me try and tell you guys with what happened. Intellect has asked us what we felt was best for the RC market and we told them that 3800 mAh was more than enough and that the voltage curve was most important for the US market. We never thought that they could improve the voltage curve this much but they did and were happy to see that a company like Intellect cares enough about our market to try and make the changes we need.

Intellect tells us that they have reached a level that is very good and any big improvements will be hard to accomplish so what is available now is pretty much what will be available for awhile.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:19 AM   #702
Tech Adept

Intellect tells us that they have reached a level that is very good and any big improvements will be hard to accomplish so what is available now is pretty much what will be available for awhile.[/QUOTE]

I am not an expert on this but now that we have real good pack's that IB put out, now it's time the company that make the motor or the designers, make motor's that can run for 8min or more without fading or lost of magnet strength to use the full pontential of these IB.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:37 AM   #703
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I am not an expert on this but now that we have real good pack's that IB put out, now it's time the company that make the motor or the designers, make motor's that can run for 8min or more without fading or lost of magnet strength to use the full pontential of these IB.
I'm sure the technology is there, but do you mind paying USD 150 or maybe even more for a motor?
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:02 AM   #704
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Who says they'll cost that much??

There is plenty of brushed motor innovations that could improve efficiency, runtime and reduce heat.

The current ROAR rules prevent many of these innovations though. Hopefully now that brushless has been legalized it will open the door for more brushed innovation as well...until that happens...what we have is what we're stuck with
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:08 AM   #705
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

thanks Eric

see you at the Novak???

Matt

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote