Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Trouble w/ RC4 transponders w/ KO Propo Receivers? >

Trouble w/ RC4 transponders w/ KO Propo Receivers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble w/ RC4 transponders w/ KO Propo Receivers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default Trouble w/ RC4 transponders w/ KO Propo Receivers?

Had a a frustrating day at the track today. I recently "upgraded" my transponders to MyLaps RC4's because the tracks I run moved to the new RC4 system.

Four of my brand new RC4's didn't work. They powered up and blinked normally but the timing system would not count laps from these four transponders, which are the "normal" RC4's, not the Hybrids.
--- Three RC4's plugged into the "B" terminal of KO Propo KR-211FH receivers.
--- One RC4 plugged into the "B" terminal of a KO Propo KR-411FH receiver.

The four cars are outfitted with various ESCs, servos and motors.

The common theme to my issue was the "B" terminal of KO Propo receivers.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there some sort of non-cooperation problem between KO receivers and RC4transonders?

Is there some sort of non-cooperation problem between the "B" terminal in KO receivers and RC4 transponders?

PS. I was also using an RC4 plugged into the channel 3 port of a Spektrum SR3500. That transponder logged laps properly. So, I'm fairly sure it was not operator error on behalf of the Race Director operating the timing software.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waswadener
Had a a frustrating day at the track today. I recently "upgraded" my transponders to MyLaps RC4's because the tracks I run moved to the new RC4 system.

Four of my brand new RC4's didn't work. They powered up and blinked normally but the timing system would not count laps from these four transponders, which are the "normal" RC4's, not the Hybrids.
--- Three RC4's plugged into the "B" terminal of KO Propo KR-211FH receivers.
--- One RC4 plugged into the "B" terminal of a KO Propo KR-411FH receiver.

The four cars are outfitted with various ESCs, servos and motors.

The common theme to my issue was the "B" terminal of KO Propo receivers.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there some sort of non-cooperation problem between KO receivers and RC4transonders?

Is there some sort of non-cooperation problem between the "B" terminal in KO receivers and RC4 transponders?

PS. I was also using an RC4 plugged into the channel 3 port of a Spektrum SR3500. That transponder logged laps properly. So, I'm fairly sure it was not operator error on behalf of the Race Director operating the timing software.
I have a ko also. I believe the B is for the input of a receiver pack. If so then there might only be the black and Red wires being used. The RC4 has that third wire that when in the B slot the white wire would not be connected to anything. Might need atleast a third channel rx to run the RC4. Try putting it into the the 4th slot of your 411 and see if it works that way. I could be totally off here but would seem to make sense as all the other ports in a 3 or 4 ch rx would have a third pin making a connection.

Last edited by Jerz616; 05-20-2013 at 11:55 AM.