R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #31
Tech Master

the problem is i only own 3 packs...i plan on buying 3 more of pro-match...I heard something about freezing your cells to gain more life...should I try this? sorry for all the annoying battery question...i's just i only have 3 packs an everyone is important.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:18 AM   #32
Tech Master

3 packs are enough if you know how to manage them. Two of your packs should be charged twice and use that for practice run and qualifier and your best pack charge only once (don't use for practice) and use that on the final heat. Never heard of freezing batteries but saw few racers freeze their motor heatsinks though.
centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:28 AM   #33
Tech Master

You think you guys can give me a good outline to maintain a good condition for my batterries, i'm assuming that my my pack peaked so low because maybe it was charging from a .9v/c. i usually charge from a 0.0v/c from my old tray...so when i'm racing i plan on traying my cells to .1v/c .And i plan on storing them after i tray them from a .9v/c. I'm guessing the less votlage you have in your cells when charging will increase the entire peak voltage and mah when fully peaked.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:38 AM   #34
Tech Master

I guess you haven't told us everything you've done to your pack You can't expect to get the same results from a same pack that was charged from 0 voltz and then charge from .9 voltz. Once you have started DS your packs you have to keep doing it else you will have a pack that will perform inconsistent. PM me I may have some tips for you if you will
centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:34 PM   #35
Tech Master

i revived my batts!! well i guess they were never really gone... . My batts cutt-off at 3612mah due to temp. cutt-off. Then i put them back on the charger til it really peaked it was about 392mah...so together that's 4004mah!...but that's probaly not accurate becuase it did not have one consistant charge. I'm going to delta down to 3m/v. what does lowering the delta do...besiedes temp. change?
Old 06-01-2005, 05:18 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Axel,
Just out of wonder (experiencing some similar problems with some packs), what did you do to revive the packs?

Cheers
Crashmaster
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:33 AM   #37
Tech Master

I just started cycled my pack 2 more times

Anyone here know the difference between the new novak flatline dead short tray and the smart tray's dead short mode?
Old 06-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #38
Tech Master

is it ok to "stretch " the connectors of the tray so i can fit my packs with the corrally connectors?
Old 06-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel
is it ok to "stretch " the connectors of the tray so i can fit my packs with the corrally connectors?
The last Connectors have a screw on them for just that. Just loosen the screw, slide out for more slack and re-tighten. Are you talking about the smart tray or the Flatline?
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #40
Tech Master

smart tray...thanks for the help
Old 06-13-2005, 12:05 PM   #41
Tech Master

Hey Guys,

The Flatline is a Dead Short Only Tray, and never stopps the discharge. Just resistors on the cells.

The Smart Tray's Dead Short Mode will pull them down to nearly 0 then kick off for a moment and kick back on. So it doesn't "Hold" them like the flatline does.

Here's a link to the Frying battery thing. EVEN if the Smart Tray has something wrong with it, it won't HEAT UP BATTERY packs. You HAVE to put them in wrong, NOT JUST THE POLARITY, thats only half of it, but the actual posisition of the place the ESC connect have to be correct. Here's a link with a picture.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/in...ray_update.htm

Also a Picture inside most Boxes.

I get this ALL THE TIME, I've check DOZENS of Smart Trays that report EXACTLY the same problem, and the fact of the matter is, there is NO way for the smart tray to heat up a pack on its own.

Thanks
Charlie
Old 06-13-2005, 12:58 PM   #42
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Paul_TC4

How many amps does a Smart Tray draw if it's DC Powered. (Off A Power Supply). I have a 20A PS which powers 2 Pulsar Chargers.
Paul_TC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:10 PM   #43
Tech Master

The discharge rate goes down as the battery voltage goes down. Full charged pack will go at about 2.7 amps. The power supply has Nothing to do with it. You don't use power supply current to discharge. The discharge is based on the device not the power supply. Just so you know.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #44
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Paul_TC4

Thanks Charlie.

Do you advise using a PS to use the Smart Tray? Then, how come the AC plug is need for the Smart Tray to work?

Thanks.
Paul_TC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:54 PM   #45
Tech Master

Anyone hear about putting your cells in the fridge?? It's suppose to bring back some life in them...i know this is true for dry alkaline cells, but does it work for these type of batts?