R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-23-2005, 10:42 PM   #136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TPhalen....

man.....the only issue I see is that there is no real advantage over lets say a Pro 4. The Pro 4 has stiffer arms, c-hubs, larger hub bearings, lighter toe blocks, gear cases and no slop. Unless the price will be lower than $250, personally, I don't see it making it. By the way, your getting better with your responses from a business aspect. Good work, they will need it. I thought with AE merging that you guys would have more resorces.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:50 PM   #137
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool Roar Nats

What batteries will be legal at the Nats in Oct.? if the 3800s are then the weight deal may make a difference for the people that go there. Most places I go to the difference between 3300s and 37-3800s is small ,so if weight is the only problem then my search for a new TC is over.... What's up Ortiz where's the Yoke ??!!! What's up Reggie when you coming back down?
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Notice how the AE guys disappeared when members here were struggling with their TC4s and seem to comeback only when they have a new piece of equipment to peddle?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:05 PM   #139
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Notice how the AE guys disappeared when members here were struggling with their TC4s and seem to comeback only when they have a new piece of equipment to peddle?
Yep.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:29 PM   #140
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I find it funny how EVERYONE complains about the tub TC4, no matter what solution you provide them, and then when you come out with something they ask for (a dual-deck car), they complain anyway.

We are trying to come out with a better product than the previous one. This is our attempt without going into a totally new and radical design....for reasons that we still have to support our RTR and Team kit. Those that like it, enjoy. Those that don't, won't.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:32 PM   #141
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tony, its almost pointless to get into it on here once everyone gets going.
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 PM   #142
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Tony, your efforts have no validity to many on this forum...not because you don't have quite valid points, but because people are closed-minded.

I see this FT car as a definite improvement over the original team kit and AE should be applauded for having this car out and ready to go in far less than a year. The reason people keep knocking the tub is because that was the main problem with the original car. But now that's fixed, lets move on and see what happens at the Reedy Race! I'm assuming the A-team will be running the new car.

Now, how about some productive posts from everyone?
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:54 PM   #143
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
I find it funny how EVERYONE complains about the tub TC4, no matter what solution you provide them, and then when you come out with something they ask for (a dual-deck car), they complain anyway.

We are trying to come out with a better product than the previous one. This is our attempt without going into a totally new and radical design....for reasons that we still have to support our RTR and Team kit. Those that like it, enjoy. Those that don't, won't.
I agree...
Old 05-24-2005, 01:09 AM   #144
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JevUK
You are showing yourself up to be a pedantic fool who has to have the last word. You rarely seem to understand any point anyone makes so I will have to just ignore you from now on.

To summarize my thoughts on the fttc4:

Bad:
The new shock mounts are un-necessary and just add weight and expensive
It looks like removing the motor and spur gear will be much more awkward
They have missed the chance of putting cells slots on the motor side to get a more balance weight distribution(4+2)
More Bling
Good:
The chassis should be stiffer and lighter.
Pot, meet kettle....ROFL!

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 01:25 AM   #145
Tech Master

I just LOVE how folks have said that the shock tower bracket adds "so much weight."

It cracks me up since I'm sure people have snorted more drugs in one pass than what the freaking bracket weighs...

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 01:29 AM   #146
Tech Elite

Default If that's the case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
I'm sure people have snorted more drugs in one pass than what the freaking bracket weighs...
I'm sure they won't be here to tell you about it. DOA
Old 05-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #147
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

exactly what i was thinking, how can a plate of CF and a big of plastic/graphite weigh more than a big bit of graphite/plastic?

i'm all up for the FT TC4, i will definatley be getting one.

one Q though, will you be selling a conversion kit? if so what will it consist of?
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:42 AM   #148
Tech Regular

looks like a nice car! must admit i hated the old TC4

now this one looks 10000000x more competitive with other top end chassis on the market.
adamkerrnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:47 AM   #149
Tech Rookie

How can there for 5 pages of almost utter crap of a topic of a car that hasn't been released yet??

Oh well hay ho.

I've been very happy with my tub TC4, I've been lucky enough to win some good events over here in the UK with the car, my best being the latest round of the British National Championship in 19T. My car isn't heavy, infact it weighs 1480grm (our limit is 1500grm) so naturally I have to put 30grm (to be on safe side) in the car which i put on electrics side to balance car out. I havn't done stupid amounts of work on the car to achieve this, just a few optional parts like carbon kit, titanium screws and a few things. Its all more about setup to carry corner speed, providing your car isn't 70 - 100grm overweight it wont make that much difference. A wide corner here and there will loose lots more time that you would gain from saving 30grm.

What I would like to know, which I think but am not sure if its been asked, is will there be a battery strap available instead of using tape?
Will the roll bars be included in the kit?
Are all the gemoetry with the new shock towers the same as the team tc4?

I cant see personally how this will make the car better/faster (however you sceptics like to put it)? I will stick with my tub chassis for the big meetings as it hasn't let me down so far, but will still get the FT to test it and tune it to see what happens
rc-jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:18 AM   #150
Tech Adept

@ soviet

can you please explain the x-acto knife trick.
Iīm just starting on-road racing, my offroad cars didnīt need that
And yes, only ran ae cars for years.
wothrottle is offline   Reply With Quote