R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #631
Tech Addict

CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB

Last edited by lickrim; 05-30-2005 at 10:29 AM.
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #632
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Great pics Mr Shookie
big_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:21 AM   #633
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickrim

Poor lickrim!!
Old 05-30-2005, 10:21 AM   #634
Tech Elite

If it was confusing, then it is the driver's responsibility to ask questions for clarity. A lot of times there is a driver's meeting because people don't bother to read rule books, etc. Meetings are there to clarify and ask questions. If someone chooses not to pay attention or have things more clearly defined, then things like this may happen. Sorry it went down this way, but the rules were there. My 2 cents.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:25 AM   #635
Tech Adept

Default Reedy race

Look guys does it matter Craig won, each competitor raced against all the guys in the invitational class. Does it matter what time of day it was you could take this argument to the qualifying type of event cant you.

I just find it funny how all you Tamiya, X-ray, yokomo, Hpi drivers have slagged off the TC4 for so long now and you donít like it when the best driver and the best car on this particular weekend has won hey next weekend it will be a different driver and a different car that will win. All these cars have good points and bad and all the drivers a human so they all will make mistakes.

Just congratulate Craig and team Associated for the win like they deserve not sit there and slag them off because the track temperature was hotter/colder for another driver sour grapes comes across and it donít look pretty.
i.a.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #636
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIRACER
I saw Hara practicing Off Road at So cal and he looking like an amature and not like the Pro he is in on road.
hara is a world champion off road racer ..if you really think about socal it does nothing for HARA cause the track is like no other on the planet so testing at socal is use less....he was at socal looking around for a house to buy, get you facts right homie...WORD
Old 05-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #637
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaari77
It's kind of dissapointing that none of the Tamiya drivers are running the Evo IV. The car absolutely flies.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
Old 05-30-2005, 10:40 AM   #638
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Congrats to Craig and TeamAssociated/ TC4/ Reedy!

Does this mean all the Tamiya guys are going to try and get Associated rides for the next race now? LOL...j/k, take it easy.

I think this is simply the most fair and equal format possible. Since a standard format ROAR race would have one round run from 9am on a 77 degree track, until 2 or 3 pm on a 130 degree track in some instances. This format makes it only matter what happens for the 10 drivers in each individual race...Brilliant! Of course traffic and first turn pile up will hurt some drivers, but 99% of the time the cream rises to the top inspite of those issues. Refferees can serve alot of good during the races as well, at any event.

So it looks like X ray won a class, Losi won one and A/E won one, correct? Alot of competitive cars right now, makes things interesting and causes long droughts between wins for some good cars......like the TC4............, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #639
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Agreed. The Reedy Race is about racing, not times. A driver with a big lead should not have to push for a fast time, he should be allowed to do what it takes to maintain his lead even if this means slowing down. He should not be penalized for that.

The tie breaking system was not totally clear in the driver's meeting. Most, including myself (and Jilles), were under the impression that if there was a tie in points the number of first, seconds, etc. wouold be used to break the tie. The problem is that we thought this included the throwouts.

BTW, there was also some conclusion about stop and go penalties and where they should be taken. I think all that is required to clear up confusion is a simple list of printed rules for the invitational drivers so everyone knows what is going on.

That said, Craig was fast from the first practice session and is a deserving winner.

The format creates the most exciting racing in the R/C world with the champion never decided until the last round of races. Sure some people have harder or easier races, but that is the nature of the event.
Exactly my point Rick. I wasn't at the race so I was trying to find out the rules myself. No-one knew. I searched all over internet, couldn't find it. Not a problem, I'm not driving. But if the drivers themselves are confused and the scoring sheet doesn't even have a column for one of the key tie-breakers it does influence the race. And then added to that my view that a points race should allways first break ties through whatever point scores are available. Otherwise what is the "point" (pun intended ) of making it a points race?

Ah, well. Treading on old ground here so I'll leave it at that. Craig won and deserves all the high praise he is getting. Good to see him back on form. It's going to be another very interesting European Championship in two months time
Old 05-30-2005, 11:00 AM   #640
Tech Addict

Thank You to Tamiya for a great event! And a big thanks to Fred M. for all the hard work put in to make this event the model for other races.
gtypecanare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:29 AM   #641
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I hope I don't say anything wrong here..I love racing on asphault.unfortunetly all the asphault tracks in my little part of the world have gone away.We had a carpet track but it closed...I am now just trying tp follow whats going on....My question is, who won this race and what car was he runnig.And does anyone know any of the specifics like what electronics,tires,compounds,what was the outside temp.the day of the race, what charger was he using,tire compounds,what battry matcher he was using,etc.
tc3jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:32 AM   #642
Tech Regular

AFAIK no other Reedy Race has ended in a draw where times were need to be taken into account.

Lets face it, for 2 drivers to achieve what Jilles and Craig did, is totally awesome! Perhaps instead of fastest time for splitting the tie, maybe they should take the combined times of the races that the two of them were in together (they would have been in the same race twice over the weekend)...

I think that as this is a first, no one thought of the implications of ACTUALLY having a tie.
TraceRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #643
Tech Addict

why have throwouts if you guys want to use the throwouts in case of a tie? its a THROWOUT...

also,if the rules aren't clear to you at the drivers meeting,it's YOUR job to ask so you know. Its a drivers meeting not a race director speech.

congrats to ALL racers...special props to Steve Weiss...dood is fast!
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:41 AM   #644
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3jp
I hope I don't say anything wrong here..I love racing on asphault.unfortunetly all the asphault tracks in my little part of the world have gone away.We had a carpet track but it closed...I am now just trying tp follow whats going on....My question is, who won this race and what car was he runnig.And does anyone know any of the specifics like what electronics,tires,compounds,what was the outside temp.the day of the race, what charger was he using,tire compounds,what battry matcher he was using,etc.
From the bits I know, Craig Drescher was the winner of the 2005 Reedy Race. He raced an Associated TC4 FT car using Reedy motors and cells, Novak GTX speedo, and KO Propo transmitter, receiver and servo.

I know there was a control tyre but I have no idea what it was, though I'm sure it will be in the rules.

Perhaps someone else can fill in the blanks.

Nice to see some healthy discussion and respect for other peoples' opinions. Keep it up.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #645
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RP30 was the control tire for all groups.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote