Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by izzyracer
Aren't the arms made of Carbon Reinforced Plastic? Like the Ta04-R Tub Chassis!
nope... looks like std. plastic material... I'm still able to bend the arms with my hands...
Old 11-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCInfinity
I didn't have problems mounting my set. The play was the factor. It's almost like the balls were too small.
Neil, do you have the bent bump steering arms?
The ones from formula1-rc?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

My Tuned Chassis Kiy finally came in at my LHS, picked it up tonight. Lots of pretty blue parts!!
Old 11-08-2003, 12:45 AM
Ooj
Tech Regular

hey newracer, can you please list the part numbers and quantities of the hop ups you got in the kit? I have heard heard that some people have not being getting all the parts that were listed earlier in this thread!! I am just a little worried because I am about to buy 2 tuned kits
Old 11-08-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Carbon fiber body set, no wings just body
53515 Racing spring set
53567 53568 low friction damper piston set, front and rear
53513 turnbuckle set
53637 reinforced lower suspension arms
53522 x2 universal shafts

no part #'s on the following, all are blue ( I think that's why the parts #'s are blacked out)
x2 Aluminum damper cyclinders
aluminum body post set
fluorine coated 0.6 aluminum pinion (not blue)
x2 aluminum locker arm set
aluminum motor mount
aluminum motor guard

Last night I ordered:
Titanium screw set
lightweight propeller joint set
another spring set

Still plan on getting:
lightweight diff outdrives
re-inforced propeller shaft
Old 11-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Ooj
Tech Regular

Thanks newracer, you have confirmed the same hop ups as what my friend has got. It seems that you only get the hop ups that you can see on the outside of the car......i.e theres no upgrades to the internals such as lightweight shafts, gears and outdrives.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

nope but fortunatly most of the drivetrain hopups are pretty cheap. the diff outdrives are the only costly drivetrain hopup at $18 a pair
Old 11-08-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

F1RL Racers,

Great job today, nice to see all of you out there at Round 1 at the wonderful Tamiya America Raceway (Thank you Tamiya! ) Good clean racing everyone, a lot of great clean passes and great starts. It looks like everyone had a great time

Remember, round 2 will be back at Tamiya next Sat. I will post the result on the www.f1rl.com website as soon as possible.

Steve Wang
Old 11-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Ooj
Tech Regular

What do you guys think of the bearings in the f201 kit? Any tips on maintenance and prep?

I have an evo 3 original and if the f201 bearings are the same ill be upgrading to rubber sealed ones like on the evo surikarn. Ive found that the tamiya blue rubber sealed bearings a lot better in the areas like wheel hubs and diff outdrives......anything that can get clogged up with dirt

Is there any need to upgrade with the f201?
Old 11-09-2003, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Ooj

I don't see any reason to replace the kit bearings. I've raced 2 seasons with my F201 and haven't had any bearings go bad. I tore the car down at the beginning of this season and cleaned them out, but other than that, I have had no problems with them. As far as hopups go, the main thing is don't glue up the kit tires. The kit tires have very little grip and wear very fast. Get some Tamiya Type A or Pit Shimizu Hard compound tires. If you use the kit "nail" pistons, run Mugen 3000 weight silicone diff oil instead of standard shock oil. You can't get enough dampening with shock oil. Put some blue loctite on each diff screw when you assemble them and that's really about all that I would consider must do's. I would get a Tamiya High Torque Servo Saver rather than using the kit one, but the kit one will get you started.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Steve,
Look like Rod and I will run F201's next Saturday. I hope the invitation is still avail. to race with the F1RL.
George

The word around the pits was it went well, and even the non-competitors really enjoyed watching the show.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

I enjoyed watching, despite keeping one eye on my car.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
F1RL Racers,

Great job today, nice to see all of you out there at Round 1 at the wonderful Tamiya America Raceway (Thank you Tamiya! ) Good clean racing everyone, a lot of great clean passes and great starts. It looks like everyone had a great time

Remember, round 2 will be back at Tamiya next Sat. I will post the result on the www.f1rl.com website as soon as possible.

Steve Wang
It was a great day! The RC gods was looking after us. I really enjoyed the competition and look forward for another round. I can smell this event getting more popular. Thanks guys for making me a part of it.
I look forward to see the Canare brothers in the mix. I also learned some members plainly did not know about it, but I'm sure they will catch up.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yay, open wheel sedan racing...err I mean f1 racing. I look forward to this weekend's race and I'll drive with some really hurting equipment but it's all good and all fun.

Now somebody do the raindance!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Come up to Washington you won't even have to do the Rainnose wiggle.

To bad there is no interest for an F1 series up here. We get maybe 5 guys running on a regular basis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.