R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2002, 07:43 PM   #31
Tech Addict

big al- Sounds good. Your a braver man than I with that dremel.

Tip: Use thicker shock oil in the rear. Around 80- 100 weight to keep the rear end from lifting up comming into the turns. The stock setup makes the rear too bouncy and will loose trction.

I use 30 weight oil in the front, 100 in the rear.

Good luck and let us know how you do.
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 07:46 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Here's my chassis after I just finished her.

Let me know if you guys can see it.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:58 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey mytxlplyx-- do you use that fiber-roll bar up front?? Someone told me to get rid of it and use 80-100 all around.
Keepin' it real with my M11x
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 08:23 PM   #34
Tech Addict

big al- I'm using the stock lexan piece. I also took off the front 2 screws and this setup makes the car easier to drive into the corners. Make sure you don't overtighten the screws. Just enough so the o-rings don't squish.

The car has tons of on power steering so setup wide for turns, don't overshoot the corner and get on the gas earlier.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:50 PM   #35
Tech Master

Cool thanks--Al
Old 08-17-2002, 09:24 AM   #36
Tech Master

I just finished with the 30wt/80wt. combo. The rear end still feels soft...crazy. I'll try it out tomorrow and see if I need to put in 100wt.--AL
Old 08-17-2002, 10:59 AM   #37
Tech Master

Are the spur/pinion metric 48p or the std. 48p?
Old 08-17-2002, 11:42 AM   #38
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by big al
Are the spur/pinion metric 48p or the std. 48p?
Metric.......
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 11:48 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm starting to think the rear end of this kit is gonna have to be run harder than the front also (oil)...no matter how thick i go, still squishy...will be at 90wt front, 100wt rear next time out...

also using the SQUARE rod&piston set for the shocks...BIG IMPROVEMENT...IO also highly suggest to everyone to get the PitSchimuzu tires for this rig....thier "hard" tire puts the TAMIYA tires to shame...
Old 08-17-2002, 01:13 PM   #40
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MYXTYPLYX
marvi- Yeah that carbon painted body is too cool. It's on my must have list as well.

TPhalen/Darkseid- The tires do seem to wear fast but don't let the grooves fool you, the tires hook up better as slicks. We're gonna start running them in our area as a speck class using 19 turn motors and touring foams since touring wheels fit. We'll have to see how it goes.

Darkseid/psycho- Until proper gearing changes can be done, motor and battery overheating is something to consider. Around here we've been using 2400 sport packs and compared with a guy that is using matched 3000, we haven't given any ground. Save your competition packs unless you have an adjustable motor mount.
Well mine haven't hooked up better as slicks. Their completely slick now, and they don't seem to be as good as when they were new.

As for saving the good packs. I only run my car for fun, so I really have no reason to run good packs in it. I run a old RC1700 pack with a Chameleon motor. I get plenty of run time and good speed. Can't ask for much more than that.
Old 08-17-2002, 07:53 PM   #41
Tech Addict

big al/OSherman- Like I said I'm running 100 w. oil in the rear, 30 w. oil in the front and it's doing pretty good. I'm also running 2 deg. camber and toe-in for the rear. Front gets .5 deg camber, 1 deg. toe-in. Give it a try and see how you like it.

Darkseid- Sorry to hear that. Maybe use traction compound to soften them before you run. I use WD40. Just make sure you clean off any residue before going out. Also treat with compound and store in a sealed plastic bag when not in use. This will help keep the rubber well conditioned and last longer. Hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2002, 09:02 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Myself and 4 other friends travelled fron British Columbia, Canada to Lynwood, Washington to enter the TCS race last week. I must say that this has been one of the most enjoyable event I've been to. Even though the track was small (no straight to speek of), they put on a profesional and competitive race. The track was rough, bumpy and slipery is an understatement.

They had a total of 100 entries and 14 for the F201 even though it was still an exibition class. The format is a tight 2 qualifyers, followed by the mains. Needless to say that didn't leave alot of room ror errors. 4 of us entered our newly build F201.

After the first qual. all 4 of us were leading with Tristan in front.
The last qual. gave my friend Jesse the T.Q. spot with the rest of us scattered though 6th place. Man it was tight. It was Jesse's idea to remove the 2 screws fron the front stiffener and we followed his lead. Our cars were working good but having too many michael Schumachers (red ferrari) makes it tough on the back markers. I qual. 5th.

The mains saw Jesse and Troy (a local) fight for the lead on the first lap, while i got tangled up and dropped a few spot in the first couple of corners. Jesse was entised with the lure of a faster motor and payed the price. He was too slow to make an attack for the lead.

I picked my way trough the pack and was on Troy with 3 min. left to go. I looked for a way past but he was covering the corners well. I tried some long shot passes but only managed to hack the leader so I waited to give him back the lead. This happened several more times as I got impatient. i min. left to go and no sign of a hole.

The last 2 laps saw us swap for the lead on just about every turn (open wheel side by side driving is scary). 3 turns to the finished and I was leading but Troy made a last ditch effort on the last turn before the loop but there was no room. He clipped me and it spun him around giving me the win. Man was that FUN!

The F201 will be a fully sanctioned calss next year and we all plan to be there.

If you have a chance to attend a TCS race I highly recomend it.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:40 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon Slayer

Looks like i'll be getting an F201....i already own a sedan...but now i'll have a sedan with a Ferrari body on it.
Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 12:32 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon Slayer
Looks like i'll be getting an F201....i already own a sedan...but now i'll have a sedan with a Ferrari body on it.
Uhhmm...not so fast..this F201 handles a bit differently than your conventional sedan...you will know what i mean when you get one...
Old 08-18-2002, 08:54 PM   #45
Tech Master

The weight in a f201 is situated a little different. Plus the wheelbase is about 1 cm longer. I ran mine today...definitely need the pit tires. The kit ones just don't have the grip. I had a great time running it though. Definitely makes you a better driver. My chameleon had way too much bottom . I kept spnning out,again tires probaly would fix that. Anyone who reads this thread should do themselves a favor and get one--way cool!